Trade Value Series (Poll) #4

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who has the most trade value?

Lebron James
28%
Kevin Durant
4%
Kawhi Leonard
46%
Paul George
4%
Russell Westbrook
2%
DeMarcus Cousins
No votes
Damian Lillard
No votes
Giannis Antetokounmpo
10%
Kristaps Porzingis
4%
Draymond Green
2%

Total votes: 50

damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Trade Value Series (Poll) #4 

Post#1 » by damecurry » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:25 am

Vote for the player with the most trade value in your opinion, please keep in mind contract situations and if it helps approach it as you think a majority of NBA teams currently would, whatever that means to you.

1. Karl-Anthony Towns
2. Anthony Davis
3. Stephen Curry

Contract Information of players currently in poll.
Lebron: currently FA, can treat him as a 1+1 max for the purpose of this project.
KD: max 1+1, so basically exp.
Kawhi: locked in 3 more years near 20m, 4th year PO.
PG: locked in 2 more years near 20m, 3rd year PO.
RW: 18m exp
Boogie: 17m this year, 18m exp next.
Lillard: locked in 5 years max.
Giannis: 3m this year then he's RFA next.
Porzingis: 3 more years on 4th pick of rookie scale, then RFA.
Draymond Green: about 4 years / 70m contract
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Trade Value Series (Poll) #4 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:30 am

V: Kawhi
N: I think Middleton's a big bargain, going him.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#3 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:33 am

N: Wiggins
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant
And1: 724

Post#4 » by BdeRegt » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:01 am

I'm sticking with LeBron as he is the player who is most likely to guarantee the team is NBA title contender the next 3 years. He is still the best player in the world
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,745

Post#5 » by eminence » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:03 am

V: Draymond
N: Simmons (thought about my boy Gobert too)
I bought a boat.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#6 » by Hawk Eye » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:23 am

I'm very late to the party but my vote is for LeBron. I'm actually suprised he's still on the table. I would take 1 year of LeBron knowing I have like a 99% chance of making it to the Finals versus taking a guy like AD or KAT hoping to get there in 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 years.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#7 » by roc » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:26 am

N: Drummond
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by roc » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:39 am

Hawk Eye wrote:I'm very late to the party but my vote is for LeBron. I'm actually suprised he's still on the table. I would take 1 year of LeBron knowing I have like a 99% chance of making it to the Finals versus taking a guy like AD or KAT hoping to get there in 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 years.

If he was traded to the West (excluding GSW) and considering what the team he was traded to would have to give up to get him... do you still go with 99% to get to the FInals?

There are also mos def some East teams that would have nothing of value left after a trade to help him get to the Finals FTM. Cleveland would still have good talent plus whatever they get back from the trade so probably a reasonable obstacle in the East.

:dontknow:
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant
And1: 724

Post#9 » by BdeRegt » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:29 am

roc wrote:
Hawk Eye wrote:I'm very late to the party but my vote is for LeBron. I'm actually suprised he's still on the table. I would take 1 year of LeBron knowing I have like a 99% chance of making it to the Finals versus taking a guy like AD or KAT hoping to get there in 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 years.

If he was traded to the West (excluding GSW) and considering what the team he was traded to would have to give up to get him... do you still go with 99% to get to the FInals?

There are also mos def some East teams that would have nothing of value left after a trade to help him get to the Finals FTM. Cleveland would still have good talent plus whatever they get back from the trade so probably a reasonable obstacle in the East.

If anyone traded for any of these players, the team would be in rough shape besides LeBron after giving up the assets. I look at this as if Cleveland and San Antonio discussed a Kawhi for LeBron trade...who says no? I think San Antonio says yes very quickly and Cleveland says no.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#10 » by puppa bear » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:08 am

Vote: Bron
Nominate: Harden
damecurry
General Manager

Post#11 » by damecurry » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:47 am

BdeRegt wrote:
roc wrote:

If anyone traded for any of these players, the team would be in rough shape besides LeBron after giving up the assets. I look at this as if Cleveland and San Antonio discussed a Kawhi for LeBron trade...who says no? I think San Antonio says yes very quickly and Cleveland says no.

AS has been stated, for the purpose of this project, the preferred method is to go with what you think a majority of teams would value the most. That is why the young guys locked in have been trending strong, because many teams would be comfortable gutting their roster and selling off picks knowing they get 4 years of AD or 7 years of KAT, and would definitely not be comfortable doing so for 1 year of Lebron. Now you may think about it by whatever method you chose, but to me the most interesting question is for the general, average joe, run of the mill Detroit and Milwaukee type team out there, for the memphis's and utah's of the world, do you gut your team for lebron/steph or for Kat/ad? That's the way I've been looking at and encouraging others to view my project, but I again I encourage diversity/creativity so do whatever you want man.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#12 » by Dupp » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:08 am

Tough between kawhi and bron but...

Vote Bron: Nominate Blake

roc wrote:

Wouldn't all this apply to curry as well? Or Kahwi or AD or anyone really?

Surprised with how the votes have gone. Would have thought if KAT and Davis were over Lebron and steph Kawhi should be too.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by roc » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Dupp wrote:Tough between kawhi and bron but...

Vote Bron: Nominate Blake

roc wrote:

Wouldn't all this apply to curry as well? Or Kahwi or AD or anyone really?

Surprised with how the votes have gone. Would have thought if KAT and Davis were over Lebron and steph Kawhi should be too.

I voted Kawhi last round over Steph for just this reason. I am guessing other voters took history into account with seeing both Bron and KD leave teams already and since Steph hasn't been in that position yet...
damecurry
General Manager

Post#14 » by damecurry » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:58 am

Bump, need at least 3 more votes.

Also, saying this now, I'm lowering the vote requirement to 15 from here on out. It's taking to long to get 20.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#15 » by damecurry » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:02 am

Kawhi wins. #5 going up.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#16 » by damecurry » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:05 am

Also noting that there were more nominations in this thread than any other, and every single nom was for a different guy lol. I just found that amusing.

Return to Trades and Transactions