Western Conference Regular Season Standings (Poll) #5

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who will finish #5 in the West?

Portland
24%
Oklahoma City
37%
Memphis
27%
Houston
6%
Dallas
No votes
Minnesota
No votes
New Orleans
No votes
Denver
2%
Sacramento
2%
Other (Please Specify)
2%

Total votes: 62

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,277

Re: Western Conference Regular Season Standings (Poll) #5 

Post#21 » by babyjax13 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:25 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:Memphis, and I'm surprised Utah is even over them at four. Utah seems like the team everyone has picked the last three seasons to take the jump and for whatever reason(injuries or underperforming) they don't.

Last season was the first season with playoff expectations in the last three years, and without injuries we would have easily made it. Even with them we still almost did.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#22 » by damecurry » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:07 am

I have my blazers here, i would vote mem if i trusted their health more. I dont see an argument for okc here and really dont see houston in this convo. To me it mem if you think they get lucky wirh health and por if you dont. Theyre pretty clearly above the rest though.
KiDdFrESh
General Manager
And1: 46

Post#23 » by KiDdFrESh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:53 pm

Houston is going to secure the 5th seed and will have home court advantage vs Utah in the first round.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,171

Post#24 » by brackdan70 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:28 pm

seems OKC is hands down the best of the rest.
Sign here
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#25 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:49 pm

I took Memphis. They added Parsons to a very good team. If they can stay healthy and get solid production from Parsons, I could even see them at #4.

This team had a massive fallout due to injuries the second half of last season and almost missed the playoffs because of it.
RexRyan
Rookie
And1: 408

Post#26 » by RexRyan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:56 pm

Time's up..... close one. The next one should be too.....
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#27 » by damecurry » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:51 pm

KiDdFrESh wrote:Houston is going to secure the 5th seed and will have home court advantage vs Utah in the first round.

Lol wait what? How would they have HCA if they're the 5th seed?
Also, Houston is going to be so bad, not being a dic but man if ya'll think bevs/ariza/capella will be able to carry EG/Harden/Ryno defensively you're dreaming. They might score 110 a night but they'll allow 120. I'd honestly be surprised if Houston makes the playoffs, legitimately.
KiDdFrESh
General Manager

Post#28 » by KiDdFrESh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:10 pm

damecurry wrote:
KiDdFrESh wrote:Houston is going to secure the 5th seed and will have home court advantage vs Utah in the first round.

Also, Houston is going to be so bad, not being a dic but man if ya'll think bevs/ariza/capella will be able to carry EG/Harden/Ryno defensively you're dreaming. They might score 110 a night but they'll allow 120. I'd honestly be surprised if Houston makes the playoffs, legitimately.

Because Houston is going to win more games. Utah will be 4th because they will win their division.

I think our defense will be better than expected. We have three good defensive starters and I bet James puts forth a much better effort on that end this season as well.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#29 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:11 pm

KiDdFrESh wrote:
damecurry wrote:

Because Houston is going to win more games. Utah will be 4th because they will win their division.

I think our defense will be better than expected. We have three good defensive starters and I bet James puts forth a much better effort on that end this season as well.

Why exactly do you expect that?
And why hasn't it been happening?
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#30 » by bondom34 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:13 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
KiDdFrESh wrote:
damecurry wrote:Lol wait what? How would they have HCA if they're the 5th seed?

Also, that's not how seeding works.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Post#31 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:15 pm

damecurry wrote:

I think they closed the loophole, but Utah wins their division and thus gets the higher seed, but Houston gets HCA because their record is better? Didn't something like this actually happen a few years ago?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,687

Post#32 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:15 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
KiDdFrESh wrote:
damecurry wrote:Lol wait what? How would they have HCA if they're the 5th seed?

No, no. I like this. I'm going to wish Dirk back to being a solid defender again. That would really help Dallas.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#33 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
KiDdFrESh wrote:

No, no. I like this. I'm going to wish Dirk back to being a solid defender again. That would really help Dallas.

I guess hire a defensive guru like D'Antoni and expect the individual D to pick up all around?
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#34 » by bondom34 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:27 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Why exactly do you expect that?

I guess hire a defensive guru like D'Antoni and expect the individual D to pick up all around?

Then who do you hire to get back peak Dirk?

Spoiler:
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
KiDdFrESh
General Manager

Post#35 » by KiDdFrESh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:33 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
KiDdFrESh wrote:

Also, that's not how seeding works.

To be honest I didn't realize they changed the playoff seeding rules again! Damn.. I thought that the division winners were guaranteed a top 4 spot. And if a higher seeded team had more wins than that division winner then the higher seeded team would get the HCA in the 1st round.
KiDdFrESh
General Manager

Post#36 » by KiDdFrESh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:40 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
KiDdFrESh wrote:

lol...

People forget that James was a lot better defensively two years ago. I'm not saying he's gonna be a lock down defender or anything. But last season was just a disaster. I know Harden is an easy target for people to make fun of but he was the primary facilitator and had no help what's so ever offensively last year. He lead the league in MPG last year as well. Combine all of that with no consistent team effort and bad chemistry. hes gonna have more help this year and if the team plays well offensively and chemistry is good then the defense effort will come. That's just my opinion.
KiDdFrESh
General Manager

Post#37 » by KiDdFrESh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
damecurry wrote:

I think they closed the loophole, but Utah wins their division and thus gets the higher seed, but Houston gets HCA because their record is better? Didn't something like this actually happen a few years ago?

I thought it happened more recently, I think it was Memphis. Anyways, I know it happened to the Rockets back in 2008. We won 55 games and the Jazz won 54 that year but Utah was awarded the 4th seed because they were a division winner. We still got home court advantage in the first round as the 5th seed though. I knew I wasn't crazy lol

Return to Trades and Transactions