Terry Rozier Trade Value

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,157

Re: Terry Rozier Trade Value 

Post#41 » by brackdan70 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:32 pm

Darren wrote:Dwight Powell and Devin Harris for Amir Johnson and Terry Rozier. We swap an expiring (Devin Harris team option for Amir Johnson) in which Amir Johnson can backup both frontcourt role. He's a solid defender for both position. As the Mavs need a PG prospects, I am not surprised that they roll their dice with Terry Rozier. Of course, his value is low looking at his numbers. He's a project type of developmental player. We may look at MCW first.

Same with MCW, he's good in speedy and defense. He can score in paints. With a great collection of shooters, the Mavs is one of those system in which he can see some success. This trade is all about defense at this point. We don't have quality defenders at both spot. After the trade, we can truthfully get a taste of full-shutdown lineup. However, his shooting number is terrible so far. I don't think we are willing to part with any other assets except you want some draft choices who's unlikely to make the NBA.

why would the Cs do that.
as things sit now Amir is a key player, and a good one at that. Powell, though interesting can not fill his role. I would rather see what Rozier can do than bring on Harris. No thanks
Sign here
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#42 » by Golabki » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:33 pm

A poll would help...

I think a pick in the 20s is probably a reasonable value for him.

I think the odds of him being an average or better starter are very low, but he has a good chance to be an above average backup/spot starter.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#43 » by Foshan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Writebloc wrote:
I don't know how to gauge his value, but if a team is looking for a good young point that can penetrate, defend, and is a developing shooter like Philly I would think Rozier could be a centerpiece in a trade for one of their bigs. I'm not saying straight up, I'm saying one and the most valuable piece.

If you don't mind I'd like to visit this idea with you?

Let's start and see if we can both agree Embiid is off the table, right? Either the Sixers don't believe his health will ever be right and thus would trade him, which means Boston would never pass him on a physical, or he looks healthy and they aren't giving up on him now for a package around Rozier.

Okafor was drafted well ahead of Rozier last year and showed far more on the court. Could the Celtics overwhelm the Sixers with quantity and get him with Rozier the best piece? I'm going to say no. They have enough low value assets of their own at this point. They need higher end pieces.

Noel is the most likely I'd guess. He needs a new contract next year which if Philly doesn't want to give(tho they have so much cap space and their best players are all going to be on rookie contracts for the next 3-4 years so....) he could be available. I still think he holds too much value and that another team would give a better package.

Let me know where you disagree and then we can let the Sixer fans tell each of us where they think we are right/wrong.

You forgot about Philly's own version of Rozier in Holmes. I think a straight swap would be close?

I would hate to move Holmes, love that guy. But if we are not moving one of the 3 bigs, it would make sense to move him. I think their value is incredibly close.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,749

Post#44 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:38 pm

Golabki wrote:A poll would help...

I think the odds of him being an average or better starter are very low, but he has a good chance to be an above average backup/spot starter.

Why would a poll help? Those are just popularity contests.

Rozier hasn't played enough NBA minutes to fix a value yet. Hew's dominated in the D-league and Summer league and played well against the Hawks last year when Bradley got hurt. But that was effectively a cameo.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Golabki
General Manager

Post#45 » by Golabki » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:52 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:

Rozier hasn't played enough NBA minutes to fix a value yet. Hew's dominated in the D-league and Summer league and played well against the Hawks last year when Bradley got hurt. But that was effectively a cameo.
a poll would help see the consensus.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,646

Post#46 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:

Players can be valued without NBA experience.

And I'd slow down on dominated the D-League. He piled up a bunch of counting stats because they encouraged him to dominate the ball to get experience, but he wasn't very efficient and even his mediocre efficiency was built on the back of getting to the line at a rate 5x that of his NBA draw rate.

And he wasn't actually very effective in the playoffs either. The Celtics got badly outscored when he was in the game and they played better when he was on the bench.

None of this is really to knock Rozier who may turn out to be a fine player, but I know all of us can be guilty of overrating our own young players when they show much of anything. Most Mavs fans are really high on Justin Anderson for instance, but the reality is that he was a brutal offensive player last year and a clear liability when he got forced into a larger role in the playoffs.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,494

Post#47 » by codydaze » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:42 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:

I'm also in the camp that a guy dominating D-League and Summer League should not be used to gauge the type of player he can be in the NBA. Jimmer and David Stockton are a couple players that put up huge numbers in the D-League but they are far from NBA players. Not putting Rozier in that same category because he's clearly better but if that's the argument used, it would have to apply to those two as well.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Post#48 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:02 pm

codydaze wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:

I'm also in the camp that a guy dominating D-League and Summer League should not be used to gauge the type of player he can be in the NBA. Jimmer and David Stockton are a couple players that put up huge numbers in the D-League but they are far from NBA players. Not putting Rozier in that same category because he's clearly better but if that's the argument used, it would have to apply to those two as well.

Rozier didn't even particularly dominant the dleague. He shot it a bunch but at the same time was under a 51% TS%.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,451

Post#49 » by jayjaysee » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:really high on Justin Anderson for instance, but the reality is that he was a brutal offensive player last year and a clear liability when he got forced into a larger role in the playoffs.

Blasphemy
:noway:
Golabki
General Manager

Post#50 » by Golabki » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:21 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
codydaze wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:

Rozier didn't even particularly dominant the dleague. He shot it a bunch but at the same time was under a 51% TS%.

Yeah - his d league play was fine but not anything particularly special
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,521

Post#51 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Golabki wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Yeah - his d league play was fine but not anything particularly special

On the bright side, I would absolutely say he did dominant summer league. It is just a smaller sample.

Return to Trades and Transactions