Kings/Wolves/Nets

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Re: RE: Re: Kings/Wolves/Nets 

Post#21 » by Golabki » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:43 pm

patman52 wrote:
BetterCallSkal wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
I'm not sure Gay makes the Nets appreciably better tho. He's clearly a better player, don't get me wrong, but I think Brooklyn will be merely mediocre offensively--they have some guys who can score. But they are going to e perhaps the worst defensive team in the Association.

The Nets should pass and I don't think the Celtics should much care. I don't know that RHJ is ever going to be an average starter in this league, but better to gamble on him than deal for a guy who will come in, put up volume numbers, not move the needle any, and opt out.

How would he not move the needle for a team like the nets. The nets should try to get as competitive as possible with their picks situation. Trading someone who may never be an average starter for a legit 20 ppg scorer and 2nd option to Lopez seems like a no brains for them. It would devalue the Celtics picks they surrendered and likely help the culture there to not be the worst team in the league. I kinda like the idea of the nets pursuing gay, but however I don't think they have the assets to land him.

And what does gay do for BKN in 17-18 when he is no longer there.
The nets have to acquire long term assets, as they did when they traded thad young. Net fans should be looking to trade what assets they can to get picks or young players that will be there in '18-19.

What does a net fan care if he wins 15 or 20 games? I would rather win 15 if I can get assets to speed the recovery.

Jefferson will be there playing while Gay will be somewhere else.

Yeah - gay doesn't help the nets much now and they are more focused on future assests anyway.

I don't mind the deal on value, but the fit makes very little sense for Bky
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#22 » by patman52 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:46 pm

BetterCallSkal wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
TragicBronson wrote:Celtics say no.

I'm not sure Gay makes the Nets appreciably better tho. He's clearly a better player, don't get me wrong, but I think Brooklyn will be merely mediocre offensively--they have some guys who can score. But they are going to e perhaps the worst defensive team in the Association.

The Nets should pass and I don't think the Celtics should much care. I don't know that RHJ is ever going to be an average starter in this league, but better to gamble on him than deal for a guy who will come in, put up volume numbers, not move the needle any, and opt out.

How would he not move the needle for a team like the nets. The nets should try to get as competitive as possible with their picks situation. Trading someone who may never be an average starter for a legit 20 ppg scorer and 2nd option to Lopez seems like a no brains for them. It would devalue the Celtics picks they surrendered and likely help the culture there to not be the worst team in the league. I kinda like the idea of the nets pursuing gay, but however I don't think they have the assets to land him.

The nets have to acquire long term assets, as they did when they traded thad young. Net fans should be looking to trade what assets they can to get picks or young players that will be there in '18-19.

What does a net fan care if he wins 15 or 20 games? I would rather win 15 if I can get assets to speed the recovery.

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Re: Kings/Wolves/Nets 

Post#23 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:24 pm

Golabki wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:Dieng>>>>>>>>>>>>RHJ or Bogdanovic.

I disagree - RHJ >> dieng >>>>>>>>>>>>> bogs

well...at least you have your own opinion.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#24 » by codydaze » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:39 pm

BetterCallSkal wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
TragicBronson wrote:Celtics say no.

The landing spot for Gay that would make most sense is a title contender in need of a 4th starter or super 6th man. A team like Brooklyn gains absolutely nothing from adding Gay, especially at the expense of RHJ. I'm a big fan of his game, he's going to be a really good defender in the league. Gay wouldn't even get Brooklyn into the playoffs.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,568

Re: Kings/Wolves/Nets 

Post#25 » by Colbinii » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:12 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
He hasn't played nearly as well out of the 3 spot as the 2. That's just a fact. .

How is it a fact? He played 64% of his minutes at the 3 spot this season and 6% at the PF spot.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Kings/Wolves/Nets 

Post#26 » by patman52 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:09 pm

BetterCallSkal wrote:
patman52 wrote:
BetterCallSkal wrote:How would he not move the needle for a team like the nets. The nets should try to get as competitive as possible with their picks situation. Trading someone who may never be an average starter for a legit 20 ppg scorer and 2nd option to Lopez seems like a no brains for them. It would devalue the Celtics picks they surrendered and likely help the culture there to not be the worst team in the league. I kinda like the idea of the nets pursuing gay, but however I don't think they have the assets to land him.

Why doesn't anyone else value 82 games? Nba franchises do. Ticket sales, competitiveness, jersey sales and even a functional roster all have value. I didn't like what hankie did because he devalued these things and ONLY put value in picks and young players here we are years later and you have a collection of young assets with no wits about them still on how to win at the nba level.

Either extreme is bad, but find a balance. If the nets could put together package for Gay they should. I just don't think they have those assets.

I know your vested here because you want that pick to be as good as possible for your cells, but the nets have no reason not to improve immediately

Gay is not going to make the BKN season be anything more than top 3. And if he moves on and does not stay with a 15 win team, the celtics own the 18 pick too, when as a result of this trade now RHJ won't be there either. So I don't know what you mean by I having a vested interest in the pick. You think the BKN will be better served long term by renting Gay over a kid thay have locked up for three more years at 1mil a year. Winning 20 games or 15 games you are going to get the same fans to your game. Gay is not Mark Jackson or Bernard King, he is not going to get the local fans to go and buy tickets to a 20 win team.

Why do you value 82 games next year over the the next 246 games.

Return to Trades and Transactions