Framework for a Sac-LAC deal..

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,930

Framework for a Sac-LAC deal.. 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:23 am

So Sac sends Boogie out finally, right?
Sac in turn brings in CP3 to cover their glaring hole at point guard. Why do this? CP3 is a great locker room guy and is locked in for a bit. He'll give them good culture and the loss of Cousins isn't as big of a sting since they get an elite talent back and have a log jam at 4/5.
LAC sends out CP3 and one of BG/Jordan.
LAC gets Boogie and stud guard from team three.

Why? CP3 is slowly getting old, and Griffin could potentially be out or Jordan and Cousins could be a sketchy pairing. Cousins is on a deal that runs just as long as Pauls and is a bit younger. Clips need to reshuffle their cards anyways.

So my idea for the potential third team would be Butler, the only problem is that value may be hard to match. Giving the Clips Butler would give them someone who can handle being the primary facilitator and be a two way star as well.

The Bulls do it to make room for Wade and Rondo and get a third stud to pair with them in either Jordan or BG. Lopez or one of the other bigs may have to be moved afterwards though.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Re: Framework for a Sac-LAC deal.. 

Post#2 » by lakerhater » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:25 am

The part where you said CP3 is getting old is why Sac doesn't do this deal.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#3 » by patman52 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:45 am

CP3 has an option this June, why does he want to play in SAC?

So the kings trade cousins and get CP3 for 2 years. convey this years pick to the bulls and the 2019 pick to the sixers.
How does this fix the Kings all your doing is trading 2 years of cousins for 2 years of Paul. If he don't opt out.

The kings have WCS, Skal, Malachi, Papa.
Gay, Cassipi, and Mclemore are FA

The kings are going to want long term pieces who will grow with them as they try to dig out from this dark place.

The clips if they could get Butler for Griffin should be all over that. One year of Griffin + Redick for 3 years of Butler + Nikola Mirotić.
c3j3h
Senior
And1: 135

Post#4 » by c3j3h » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:13 am

This is completely unrealistic for both teams
Sheva7
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#5 » by Sheva7 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:16 am

Not only is it unrealistic, trading 2 years of cousins plus a possible extension for 1 season of Chris Paul is probably the worst thing the Kings could do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,333

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:12 pm

Yeah Sorry this just really doesn't make any sense for either team.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,780

Post#7 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:34 pm

I like the idea of just working out Gay for Wes Johnson, Brice Johnson and something else once 90 days is up.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Re: RE: Re: Framework for a Sac-LAC deal.. 

Post#8 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:26 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I like the idea of just working out Gay for Wes Johnson, Brice Johnson and something else once 90 days is up.

What did Rudy Gay do to you? Did he scar your childhood? Did he bury a game winning dagger against the thunder years bag? What the eff gives? Wesley Johnson and Brice Johnson???
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,674

Post#9 » by Domejandro » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:13 am

BetterCallSkal wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I like the idea of just working out Gay for Wes Johnson, Brice Johnson and something else once 90 days is up.

What did Rudy Gay do to you? Did he scar your childhood? Did he bury a game winning dagger against the thunder years bag? What the eff gives? Wesley Johnson and Brice Johnson???

"something else" insinuates a mediocre pick to me, which is relatively close to his value given that Dave Joerger is not a fan of Rudy Gay.
c3j3h
Senior
And1: 135

Post#10 » by c3j3h » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:18 am

BetterCallSkal wrote:

Brice Johnson is going to be good...He would fit very nicely next to Boogie or WCS.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#11 » by QRich3 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:31 am

It'd be really hard to match salaries, the Clippers are hard capped at the apron and they're just about $2.5M below it. Rudy makes $13.3M and the combined salaries of Wes and Brice are about half of that, $6.9M between them. There'd have to be more pieces involved and that makes it really hard to find a fair trade.

Return to Trades and Transactions