POINT SCORED: KOTB TOR/ATL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,706

POINT SCORED: KOTB TOR/ATL 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:22 pm

Here is where Chuck throws all caution to the win and posts a Raptors trade and includes Terrence Ross. :o

Please vote yes if both teams do this. Please vote No if you think either team doesn't.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jbhkkyj

Kyle Korver
Mike Scott

for

Terrence Ross
Better of 2017 TOR/LAC 1st (top 14 protected for 3 years then 2 2nds)

Raps do this to shore up their bench to really make another run at this. Korver is still an elite shooter/off the ball player and Toronto has the luxury of keeping his minutes down in the RS. Scott is in the deal mostly as salary filler, but potentially he provides some depth as well.

Hawks continue to transition the team. This gets them younger with Ross without sacrificing all shooting and they pick up another pick to continue to build their asset base.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Re: KOTB TOR/ATL 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:39 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Here is where Chuck throws all caution to the win and posts a Raptors trade and includes Terrence Ross. :o

Please vote yes if both teams do this. Please vote No if you think either team doesn't.

Kyle Korver
Mike Scott

for

Terrence Ross

Raps do this to shore up their bench to really make another run at this. Korver is still an elite shooter/off the ball player and Toronto has the luxury of keeping his minutes down in the RS. Scott is in the deal mostly as salary filler, but potentially he provides some depth as well.

Hawks continue to transition the team. This gets them younger with Ross without sacrificing all shooting and they pick up another pick to continue to build their asset base.

I'm deeply disappointed this did not have tons of value in exchange for Milsap as the premise.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#3 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:47 pm

No from Atlanta - Mike Scott is the primary backup to Millsap.
They just drafted 2 wing players in Prince and Bembry, THJr is also on the roster.
Kyle's value is not only in the court but in practice and locker room.
Texas Chuck

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:48 pm

Got to say I did not expect Mike Scott to be a primary factor in someone liking this deal or not.....
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#5 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:51 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Got to say I did not expect Mike Scott to be a primary factor in someone liking this deal or not.....

Not primary just a statement of fact that leaves an unbalanced team and doesn't nake financial sense for the Hawks.
Texas Chuck

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:56 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Got to say I did not expect Mike Scott to be a primary factor in someone liking this deal or not.....

Not primary just a statement of fact that leaves an unbalanced team and doesn't nake financial sense for the Hawks.

Well you have other reasons, but in your initial post you didn't which was what I responded to. I mean could Hump handle the 15 mpg Scott gave you? Yeah obviously and I imagine Prince is going to spend some time at 4. I think the Hawks are fine in the short term because Mike Scott is the very definition of JAG plus his off-court issues..

The Ross contract is a different story of course and reasoning I understand a bit better.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#7 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

Well you have other reasons, but in your initial post you didn't which was what I responded to. I mean could Hump handle the 15 mpg Scott gave you? Yeah obviously and I imagine Prince is going to spend some time at 4. I think the Hawks are fine in the short term because Mike Scott is the very definition of JAG plus his off-court issues..

The Ross contract is a different story of course and reasoning I understand a bit better.

I mistakenly posted before the complete analysis.
With Dwight's 'injury' concerns, as well as the uncertainty regarding Splitter's return from surgery, Hump maybe called upon to play center as well.
Texas Chuck

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:14 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Not primary just a statement of fact that leaves an unbalanced team and doesn't nake financial sense for the Hawks.

With Dwight's 'injury' concerns, as well as the uncertainty regarding Splitter's return from surgery, Hump maybe called upon to play center as well.

oh yeah no doubt there are potential reasons the Hawks shouldn't do this. I actually like Muscala a bit too as some big man depth. Would you think he'd play ahead of Hump at the 5?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#9 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

oh yeah no doubt there are potential reasons the Hawks shouldn't do this. I actually like Muscala a bit too as some big man depth. Would you think he'd play ahead of Hump at the 5?

If he doesn't make the jump that is expected of him, his un-guaranteed deal might not even be picked up after training camp. By all accounts the staff was disappointed in his body of work last season. His body needs a lot or work, still too light.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,924

KOTB TOR/ATL 

Post#10 » by K_chile22 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:47 pm

I think it's a definite yes from Toronto, it gets a little dicey for ATL but I think they do it as part of their transition like you said and because what Hawks university does for wings all that potential Ross has had may finally show manifest itself into a good player
So my vote is Yes
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,462

Post#11 » by jayjaysee » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:01 pm

I vote yes.

Raps get a better player short term. And they love Powell/Siakam on top of the starting duo of Carroll/Demar.. With Lowry and Patterson (or their new starting PF) needing contracts, Toronto could use Ross' money better elsewhere.

Atlanta gets a pick and a contract they can afford.. I can see them questioning it if they expect immediate production from their rookies, but that seems unfair for guys in that area. Budz can work some of his magic on Ross, but he has the basics to work in the system..range..

Also, I've been too afraid to post a Ross trade. So my vote was likely a yes no matter what the deal was for opening this door for us all..
Splinter
Senior
And1: 349

Post#12 » by Splinter » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:33 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I vote yes.

Raps get a better player short term. And they love Powell/Siakam on top of the starting duo of Carroll/Demar.. With Lowry and Patterson (or their new starting PF) needing contracts, Toronto could use Ross' money better elsewhere.

Atlanta gets a pick and a contract they can afford.. I can see them questioning it if they expect immediate production from their rookies, but that seems unfair for guys in that area. Budz can work some of his magic on Ross, but he has the basics to work in the system..range..

Also, I've been too afraid to post a Ross trade. So my vote was likely a yes no matter what the deal was for opening this door for us all..

Not sure if you were thinking Siakam is a SF or not, but he's definitely a PF/C more than anything. Just for clarification
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,462

Post#13 » by jayjaysee » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Splinter wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:Raps get a better player short term. And they love Powell/Siakam on top of the starting duo of Carroll/Demar.. With Lowry and Patterson (or their new starting PF) needing contracts, Toronto could use Ross' money better elsewhere.

Not sure if you were thinking Siakam is a SF or not, but he's definitely a PF/C more than anything. Just for clarification

Honestly, my knowledge (if you want to call it that) of him stems from seeing fans talk about him and looking him up for about 3 minutes one day.. I figured he'd be a 3/4 not a 4/5 with his size, decent shot and ball handling. But I had no idea

Doesn't change my opinion of the trade really though
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#14 » by dalton749 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:36 pm

I think I would do it, but would hesitate to pull the trigger quite a bit. Korver helps the win now, but is expiring. Ross is on a good value contract for the next three years, and will likely be among the very best shooters in the league by then, but Powell takes the edge off.

Joseph, Powell, korver, Patterson is a very good 4 man bench unit.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#15 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Here is where Chuck throws all caution to the win and posts a Raptors trade and includes Terrence Ross. :o

Kyle Korver
Mike Scott

for

Terrence Ross

This is good value for Ross and the pick. Korver provides fire power off the Raps bench and as you say Scott adds depth at PF/SF. For the Hawks they get the inconsistent Ross but maybe he can improve his game and another pick helps.

I'll give it a yes!!
BismackonLebron
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#16 » by BismackonLebron » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:23 am

Isn't Korver 35-36? Too old to trade 1St round pick plus a prospect for imo.
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#17 » by dalton749 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:10 am

BismackonLebron wrote:Isn't Korver 35-36? Too old to trade 1St round pick plus a prospect for imo.

I agree with this, but I decided I would do it because I think having another vet around like korver would be good for Toronto with scola leaving. He also poses as a serious threat when on the floor, helping the drive and kick game of derozan, Lowry, Joseph and Powell.

The pick doesn't have much use because there's too many rookie contracts on the team already.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Re: RE: Re: KOTB TOR/ATL 

Post#18 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:13 am

BismackonLebron wrote:Isn't Korver 35-36? Too old to trade 1St round pick plus a prospect for imo.

Korver provides something we need a consistent three point shooter. He would bring what Ray Allen did to Miami or every other hired gun on a championship contender. I am not comparing Ray Allen and Korver just using their impacts to a already good team. If Scott was a deal breaker I guess we could ship off one of Sikiam or Bebe Noguerra
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
HartfordWhalers

Post#19 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:15 pm

dalton749 wrote:I think I would do it, but would hesitate to pull the trigger quite a bit. Korver helps the win now, but is expiring. Ross is on a good value contract for the next three years, and will likely be among the very best shooters in the league by then, but Powell takes the edge off.

Joseph, Powell, korver, Patterson is a very good 4 man bench unit.

Is this a KOTB yes -- both teams would do the deal --, or do you think only one team would do the deal, so KOTB no?
HartfordWhalers

Re: RE: Re: KOTB TOR/ATL 

Post#20 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:16 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Korver provides something we need a consistent three point shooter. He would bring what Ray Allen did to Miami or every other hired gun on a championship contender. I am not comparing Ray Allen and Korver just using their impacts to a already good team. If Scott was a deal breaker I guess we could ship off one of Sikiam or Bebe Noguerra

Okay, similar question.

Is this a KOTB yes -- both teams would do the deal -- or do you think only one (or possibly none) of the teams would do the deal, so KOTB no?

Thanks!

Return to Trades and Transactions