John Wall "Get Me Out Of Town" Campaign

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Will John Wall got traded during the upcoming season?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:50 am

Yes
3%
No
97%

Total votes: 29

Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Re: John Wall "Get Me Out Of Town" Campaign 

Post#21 » by Illmatic12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:38 pm

rio_hm wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:OP by that logic, the Wiz should trade Beal as well :lol:

Texas Chuck wrote:America's team. America's capitol I fail to see the issue here really. I mean Lebron has rocked Cowboys/Yankees stuff. Probably a United fan too that frontrunner...

No he won't get traded, but I do think Washington would be smart to listen to offers on him.

There are Cowboys fans everywhere, this shouldn't be surprising to anyone who knows the first thing about American sports.

Your star wear other city's football team jersey? All cool. Curry, Durant and Butler did the same. If that's the only thing that happened with Wall then indeed there should not be any discussion made out of it.

But Wall also publicly announced that he and Beal got some problems on the court. He was the one who started it off, not Beal.

One more thing. Curry done the Panthers jersey in Carolina, not in Oakland. Durant done the Redskins jersey in Washington, not in Oklahoma. Butler done the Broncos jersey in Denver, not in Chicago. Wall? Welp.

Wall said from when he was drafted that he was a Cowboys fan. Lol he didn't just start supporting them to annoy DC fans

"I like the Cowboys, because of my mom. People aren't going to like me because of that," Wall said, laughing. Wall said he witnessed first-hand how intense the rivalry is, as he saw someone at the game get heckled and challenged to fights for wearing a Cowboys jersey. "I got to stay with the Cowboys because I can't switch teams, but I'm going to support D.C. no matter what.

He's repped the Washington NFL franchise as a show of solidarity between DC sports, not bc it was his primary rooting interest

Personally I grew up a Ravens fan from their inception, and don't care for the Washington NFL team, they're poorly managed and have a history of racial prejudice and exclusion (hence why a lot of native DC fans are actually lifelong Cowboys supporters). And not like their play on the field in recent generations has done a lot to win over any new fans.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Re: John Wall 

Post#22 » by jwise44 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:31 pm

K_chile22 wrote:I mean... The Redskins did this:
Read on Twitter

This is no big deal

Jesus, took me a second to realize that wasn't the guy from rescue me...they look alike in a hat (I'm on my phone at work)

They'd be fools to trade wall, but I would take him as a rocket :D wish we had something attractive o actually trade
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#23 » by Warspite » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:58 pm

Cleveland doesn't have an major league sports (just minor league feeder teams in baseball, hockey and football) so its no big deal for LBJ. Wearing a Cowboys jersey in the DC area is not only offensive but dangerous. I'm a 40 yr Cowboy fan that lived in the DC area 1999-06 and stopped wearing most of my Cowboys gear.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
aim2please
Starter
And1: 3,255

Post#24 » by aim2please » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:09 pm

If anyone is getting traded in DC, it's Bradley Beal. He has a reputation that far exceeds his production. He's yet to show that he's above average starter in the league. He's a really good 3p shooter, but he didn't develop any other aspects of his game since entering the league. He's still young and has time to take the leap, but when you add injury concerns, it's fair to ask why exactly is he a max player.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,757

Post#25 » by HotelVitale » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:23 pm

Kupchak9 wrote:The current Wizards team is not good enough to make the playoffs but they're not bad enough to get a top 5 lottery pick.

The current Wizards are obviously good enough to make the playoffs; they made the 2nd rd both of the seasons before this with the same basic roster, and they're arguably in the mix for 4th most talented team in the east. Like the Bulls, they just got hit with some injuries and lost a few games here and there that they should've won and people started thinking the sky was falling. (I tihnk they were like 5 games over .500 after the Markieff Morris trade, and they added some okay talent this offseason, too.)

They'll come into this season among the east's middle class along with ATL, CHI, CHA, IND, and DET, hoping to stay healthy and hoping that MIL, NYK, and MIA don't end up clicking this year. Problem is that there's no clear path to them becoming better than that; they'll probably play this whole season hoping that Beal makes a leap while shuffling around some veterans. If they end up 9th or 10th again next season, then they'll look at shaking things up (and even then no team wants to trades its 25 year-old all-NBA guy unless he's threatening to leave as soon as he can).
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,757

Post#26 » by HotelVitale » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:32 pm

aim2please wrote:If anyone is getting traded in DC, it's Bradley Beal. He has a reputation that far exceeds his production.... He's a really good 3p shooter, but he didn't develop any other aspects of his game since entering the league. .

All due respect, this doesn't seem right. Beal's shown a great deal of improvement and he's been pretty dang dominant at times, also stepped up big in the playoffs (he averaged about 24/5/5 in 11 PO games season before last). His problems are mostly about health and consistency; while he can improve some things with shot selection and defense and he's certainly not at his ceiling now, he's already shown that he can be really really good.
Illmatic12
RealGM

Post#27 » by Illmatic12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Warspite wrote:Cleveland doesn't have an major league sports (just minor league feeder teams in baseball, hockey and football) so its no big deal for LBJ. Wearing a Cowboys jersey in the DC area is not only offensive but dangerous. I'm a 40 yr Cowboy fan that lived in the DC area 1999-06 and stopped wearing most of my Cowboys gear.

:lol: I call BS. There are a ton of Cowboys fans in DC, it's a well-known phenomenon.. you can find overflowing Cowboys bars every Sunday.

Like I alluded to earlier, Washington were the last NFL team to integrate and thus didn't really endear themselves to the city's majority black population. Doesn't help you have the whole 'Washington Slurs' name controversy, that has gone on since the 90s - which even the president of the US has spoken out against.

Also DC is a transplant city and generally has a lot of bandwagoner-type fans in every sport. It's not a 99% homogenous sports town like say, Boston.
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#28 » by Warspite » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
Warspite wrote:Cleveland doesn't have an major league sports (just minor league feeder teams in baseball, hockey and football) so its no big deal for LBJ. Wearing a Cowboys jersey in the DC area is not only offensive but dangerous. I'm a 40 yr Cowboy fan that lived in the DC area 1999-06 and stopped wearing most of my Cowboys gear.

:lol: I call BS. There are a ton of Cowboys fans in DC, it's a well-known phenomenon.. you can find overflowing Cowboys bars every Sunday.

Like I alluded to earlier, Washington were the last NFL team to integrate and thus didn't really endear themselves to the city's majority black population. Doesn't help you have the whole 'Washington Slurs' name controversy, that has gone on since the 90s - which even the president of the US has spoken out against.

Also DC is a transplant city and generally has a lot of bandwagoner-type fans in every sport. It's not a 99% homogenous sports town like say, Boston.

Every cities 2nd biggest NFL team is the Cowboys (in some cities its #1) That doesn't make it less dangerous. Maybe the Skins have been so bad in the last 10 yrs that nobody cares anymore. That's not how it used to be.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,034

Post#29 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:18 pm

I live in DC and agreed that it's a transplant city and not as many take offense at other teams as some other cities might.
Illmatic12
RealGM

Post#30 » by Illmatic12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Warspite wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:

Every cities 2nd biggest NFL team is the Cowboys (in some cities its #1) That doesn't make it less dangerous. Maybe the Skins have been so bad in the last 10 yrs that nobody cares anymore. That's not how it used to be.

Yeah I'd agree that many years ago it was like that. But things have gone backwards - there's more frustration or just plain apathy nowadays, mainly due to the Dan Snyder regime.

Return to Trades and Transactions