Different Noel trade ideas/destinations

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Re: Different Noel trade ideas/destinations 

Post#21 » by bigmean » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:27 am

I am glad you enjoy my deal, I think its a homerun for all.

GS would have Nerlens Noel for one year, his deficiency is his offensive, he would the perfect defensive role player for them , he would definately skip town for the highest pay contract, I conceived that point by adding some nominal second rounders. I see the need for GS to add one one ingredient to front court. He is mobile and capable of put backs and develops 7 foot jumper, his defensive presence gives them a hold other aspect to there team

I am very comfortable with chalmers and Miller, signing min deals and being your second and third point guards, and then obviously next year they could shopped around or draft a point guard, In which next year draft is rich with point guard 7 guys project to be first rounders, I think they get nab one with there very late first rounder - Melo Trimble

I think this deal for guarantee another trip to the finals, in weird way, Noel is a good insurances for Draymond Green, every though there games are like the differences between apples and bowling balls.

Objective for GS win another champiosnhip

By the way I love shaun Iivinsgton

New depth chart

PG Steph Curry, Mario Chalmers, ANdre Miller
SG Klay Thompson, Patrick McCaw, James Young or Ian clark
SF Kevin Durant,Andre Iguodala, James McAdoo or James Young
PF Draymond Green, David West, Damian Jones
C Nerlens Noel, Zaza Pachulia, Andy Varajao

chamlers and miller = Livingston

not fan of ellliot williams or Phil Pressey.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#22 » by patman52 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:45 am

Why is Boston in this Trade? Livingston is a nice player, but to give up Bradley for him and one more mid 1st in 2018?
We already have 3- 1st rd picks that year and have two 1st rd picks already stashed. Drop th e1st coming back to Boston and turn Young, Bentil, and Demetrius Jackson into Warren would make sense for the Celts
MatthewGeigerII
Bench Warmer
And1: 219

Post#23 » by MatthewGeigerII » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:05 pm

Going to go try the "different" route:

Sixers In: Justise Winslow, Josh McRoberts ($)
Sixers Out: Nerlens Noel

Heat In: Julius Randle, Lou Williams, Ivica Zubac, 2017 Lakers 2nd
Heat Out: Justise Winslow, Josh McRoberts ($)

Lakers In: Nerlens Noel
Lakers Out: Julius Randle, Lou Williams, Ivica Zubac, 2017 Lakers 2nd

Philly: Bayless, Covington, Winslow, Simmons, Embiid/Okafor
Heat: Dragic, Richardson, Ellington, Randle, Whiteside
Lakers: Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Nance Jr., Noel

Philly: They trade a defensive C prospect for a defensive SF prospect. They have to take on Josh McRoberts $ and probably cut him.
Heat: They get scoring in Randle (next to whiteside). They clear McRoberts $ and get a pick that will probably be in high 30s.
Lakers: They consolidate a few lesser assets to get 2 years of Noel - trying to mold him into their center of the future.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#24 » by Bentley1225 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Dec 15th:

To Houston
-Nerlens Noel
-TJ McConnell

To Philadelphia
-Patrick Beverly
-Nene
-2017 Denver 2nd round
-2018 1st round pick (lottery protected)
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#25 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Dec 15th:

To Houston
-Nerlens Noel
-TJ McConnell

To Philadelphia
-Patrick Beverly
-Nene
-2017 Denver 2nd round

Nene should have more value to Houston than he would to Philly -- if both sides liked the fit/value -- I don't see why this wouldn't just be done before December 15th and without Nene.

(And yes, while I am leaving the value of the if alone, I will just say that I think Philly needs a point guard of the future younger than Beverly, especially when it is safe to say that this season doesn't go anywhere significant in terms of wins and losses.)
jeremym480
Senior
And1: 1,094

Post#26 » by jeremym480 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:58 pm

Philly In - Brandon Knight, Alexis Ajinca
Philly Out - Nerlens Noel, T.J. McConnell

Phoenix In - T.J. McConnell and NOLA's '17 1st round pick (lottery protected)
Phoenix Out - Brandon Knight

New Orleans In - Nerlens Noel
New Orleans Out - Alexis Ajinca, 17 1st round pick (lottery protected)

Philly gets a young scoring guard who actually has a nice contract (especially with the cap spike) and a capable backup center as an insurance plan.

Phoenix opens up more minutes for Bledsoe and Booker by cutting out the third wheel and getting a nice asset in return. The lottery protected first (which seems around the going rate for PG's these days) is a nice get and former Arizona Wildcat McConnell should win the backup PG battle over rookie Tyle Ulis.

New Orleans takes a gamble by giving up the 1st for a season of Noel, but to get a young scrappy center who would fit nicely beside AD, and more importantly take minutes away from Asik (even though he's been playing better this preseason). With Holiday and Evans potentially comes off the books, then they could throw a nice offer at Nerlens to get him to stay. It's a gamble because a team like New Orleans shouldn't being trading draft picks all willy nilly, but would be worth it if he signed on long term. Especially since New Orleans isn't a big free agent destination.

The only thing is this doesn't make Phoenix a better team this season, so this may be better suited for a mid-season trade once Phoenix is out of playoff contention.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,723

Post#27 » by the_process » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:06 pm

LarsV8 wrote:Fairly certain Rockets have zero interest in Monroe, so a clear no on the above proposal.

Noel is an interesting piece. Don't want to give up Beverley, nor should Philly even really want him to be honest, but we do have Harrel, Dekker, Onanu, and our first round pick which are pieces Philly may like. Wouldn't want to give up all of them, but depending on where the other offers are, we might be able to put together a competitive package.

Harrel and Onanu are not interesting to PHI IMO. Beverley would work great with Simmons when he gets back. As mentioned above; Bev, Dekker, and your pick top 10 protected would be an offer that could get Noel. Less than that and the Sixers should just wait it out.
the_process
RealGM

Post#28 » by the_process » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:09 pm

MatthewGeigerII wrote:Going to go try the "different" route:

Sixers In: Justise Winslow, Josh McRoberts ($)
Sixers Out: Nerlens Noel

Heat In: Julius Randle, Lou Williams, Ivica Zubac, 2017 Lakers 2nd
Heat Out: Justise Winslow, Josh McRoberts ($)

Lakers In: Nerlens Noel
Lakers Out: Julius Randle, Lou Williams, Ivica Zubac, 2017 Lakers 2nd

Philly: Bayless, Covington, Winslow, Simmons, Embiid/Okafor
Heat: Dragic, Richardson, Ellington, Randle, Whiteside
Lakers: Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Nance Jr., Noel

Philly: They trade a defensive C prospect for a defensive SF prospect. They have to take on Josh McRoberts $ and probably cut him.
Heat: They get scoring in Randle (next to whiteside). They clear McRoberts $ and get a pick that will probably be in high 30s.
Lakers: They consolidate a few lesser assets to get 2 years of Noel - trying to mold him into their center of the future.

Leaving the individual player values out of this... Whiteside and Randle together in a frontcourt would be a disaster.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#29 » by Bentley1225 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:14 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:

To Houston
-Nerlens Noel
-TJ McConnell

To Philadelphia
-Patrick Beverly
-Nene
-2017 Denver 2nd round

Nene should have more value to Houston than he would to Philly -- if both sides liked the fit/value -- I don't see why this wouldn't just be done before December 15th and without Nene.

(And yes, while I am leaving the value of the if alone, I will just say that I think Philly needs a point guard of the future younger than Beverly, especially when it is safe to say that this season doesn't go anywhere significant in terms of wins and losses.)

Well I was just trying to match position players out in the deal. As stated, Nene could be removed. Beverly has 2 years guaranteed left. If the Sixers draft a PG in 2017, that player can be 3rd on depth chart to start the season. The Sixers could move Beverly at the 2018 trade deadline and that 2017 PG could move up to 2nd on depth chart behind Bayless or 1st. Bayless contract is reasonable based on him coming off bench during the length of his contract. Bottom line is, the deal maximizes the Sixers 2017 cap structure to truly start adding 1-2 blue chip free agents in conjunction with their rookie contract players
the_process
RealGM

Post#30 » by the_process » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:24 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

To Houston
-Nerlens Noel
-TJ McConnell

To Philadelphia
-Patrick Beverly
-Nene
-2017 Denver 2nd round

Well I was just trying to match position players out in the deal. As stated, Nene could be removed. Beverly has 2 years guaranteed left. If the Sixers draft a PG in 2017, that player can be 3rd on depth chart to start the season. The Sixers could move Beverly at the 2018 trade deadline and that 2017 PG could move up to 2nd on depth chart behind Bayless or 1st. Bayless contract is reasonable based on him coming off bench during the length of his contract. Bottom line is, the deal maximizes the Sixers 2017 cap structure to truly start adding 1-2 blue chip free agents in conjunction with their rookie contract players

IMO the biggest issue with this proposal is the pick protection.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#31 » by Bentley1225 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:28 pm

oyoyer wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Well Im sure it could be negotiated. Top 7 protected sound good?
the_process
RealGM

Post#32 » by the_process » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:33 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
oyoyer wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:

Well Im sure it could be negotiated. Top 7 protected sound good?

Much better. Still, I'd be shopping the s*** out of that offer, trying to find better.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#33 » by patman52 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:39 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

To Houston
-Nerlens Noel
-TJ McConnell

To Philadelphia
-Patrick Beverly
-Nene
-2017 Denver 2nd round

Beverly is contracted for 3 years however, the 3rd year is non guranteed but to his detriment and not the teams. The team trading for Beverly has him locked up for 16 mill for 3 years. an outstanding bargain.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,486

Post#34 » by jayjaysee » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Dallas fans still offer up whatever you want. We probably aren't a realistic destination as Donnie has likely settled with the roster for the season but most of us like flirting with the idea.. Usually try to send Bogut to a third team for a bit extra value to Philly but the last thread, I think, was just Noel for Anderson/Harris/first, which seems excellent for Dallas... I felt Anderson was being valued because of his TV time in the playoffs more than his on-court play, but I have no problem with selling him at that value.

Throw in a couple seconds for Hollis and make it happen today, please. Or complicate it and send Harris to Milwaukee/Memphis/etc and get Philly another Hinkie pick, since Harris isn't much needed in Philly.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#35 » by Xman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:19 pm

Beverly is not really a "3&D" - he is more like a (totally open look and D" guy. True, he shot 40% on 3s last year - but he is not really a good shooter - just a lot of open looks. If he could truly his 3s, then he would be perfect - and no discussion of other options. But, Houston needs a better shooter. That is why Rhino and Gordon came in - true shooters. Harden provides spacing - and if they stay on those outside guys then Harden will score a lot. Last year, whoever was covering Beverly, Dwight or the pf knew they could collapse on Harden without fear of retribution. Sure, that et Bevrly hit a few open 3s but not enough for them to back off.
Ariza was hot and cold last year.

If the trio of Gordon/ariza/rhino can manage to maintain shot consistency on the three point line, Houston is going to either get a lot of 3s when the defenders sag on Harden, or, Harden will average a lot.

That being said. A Noel or Monroe at center would be a blessing. Some teams are weaker to inside play and it is nice to have scoring options. If Hou had enough for Noel - I think he would be great. Is Harrel, Dekker, Bev, and a 1st enough? I doubt it. But, Monroe could be had especially if Milw could upgrade to Noel.

Anyway, I think Hou has a lot of flexibility inside and is not tied to a certain type of player. The rest of the team is set for great spacing, 3s and scoring by Harden. The one guy inside needs to be a rebounder and it would be great if he could defend, set picks, and catch quick passes inside. But, a talented player will be better than a non-talented guy that "fits."
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#36 » by BullyKing » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:46 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Dallas fans still offer up whatever you want. We probably aren't a realistic destination as Donnie has likely settled with the roster for the season but most of us like flirting with the idea.. Usually try to send Bogut to a third team for a bit extra value to Philly but the last thread, I think, was just Noel for Anderson/Harris/first, which seems excellent for Dallas... I felt Anderson was being valued because of his TV time in the playoffs more than his on-court play, but I have no problem with selling him at that value.

Throw in a couple seconds for Hollis and make it happen today, please. Or complicate it and send Harris to Milwaukee/Memphis/etc and get Philly another Hinkie pick, since Harris isn't much needed in Philly.

Yes, please. I've been pushing this trade for months and I just think it makes so much sense for both teams depending on the pick protection. Given how much sense it makes for the Mavs in that they get better for Dirk's last run while also adding much needed youth, I don't understand why it's something the media has not suggested in the 1.5 million Sixers need to trade a big articles.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Djh7475
Pro Prospect
And1: 422

Post#37 » by Djh7475 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:52 am

bigmean wrote:Here's my deal

Golden State gets Nerlens Noel, James Young 2017 second round draft picks from Detroit and/or Golden State and/or New York and/or Utah (most and least favorable) from Philly

Boston gets: Shaun Livinsgton, TJ Warren, 2018 first round draft pick from Miami via Phoenix
Miami's 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-7 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019 [Miami-New Orleans-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

PHilly gets Eric Bledsoe, Ben Bentil, Kevon Looney
2021 first round draft pick from Miami via Phoenix [Miami-New Orleans-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

Phoenix gets: Avery Bradley, Jordan Mickey, Robert Covington,
2017 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers via Philly
L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) protected for selections 1-3 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018
2019 first round draft pick from Sacramento via Philly
Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick to Philadelphia [Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015]

GS gets a defensive stalwart, and underachieving wing and pair of second rounders, they would need to find a backup point guard, paging Mario Chalmers? still out there, or Norris Cole. Andre Miller may be, or two of the three

Boston gets a superficial efficient point guard who can play 1,2,3. I love TJ warren long term potential nice compliment to crowder

Philly solves there point guard problem. Bentil and Looney can opportunity to surplant Jerami Grant at small forward

Phoenix gets great picks and guard who was born to third guard In Bradley, covington is upgrade to Warren. Mickey is camp body

The Celtics have Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier. Both have looked pretty amazing in preseason, and the Celtics front office/coach staff love them. Those 2 guys make acquiring an older more expensive PG who doesn't shoot well enough to address a need unlikely, especially since we'd be sending out one of our best shooters (AB) to get him.

The Celtics also just spent the #3 pick on a young SF with a much much higher ceiling than Warren. Jaylen Brown has looked fantastic in the preseason (even though he was supposed to be a raw 19 year old), and he's another guy that the front office and coaching staff are in love with. I like Warren a lot, but I honestly wouldn't even want him because he'd cut into Brown's minutes. I doubt the Celtics front office holds that view since they are always looking for value, but they are extremely invested in Jaylen becoming a franchise player as quickly as possible and that won't happen if him and Warren are splitting minutes behind Crowder.

The pick mentioned in the trade definitely has some value as Miami is in a weird position right now and it will take some Pat Riley magic for them to be a playoff team in the next couple of years, but the Celtics have a top 2017 draft pick coming in next year from Brooklyn. They have their own pick in 2018 along with another probable top pick from the Nets. In 2019, we have our own pick, a lottery protected clippers pick, and a top 8 protected Memphis pick (with falling protections the next few years). The Celtics already have a ton of young talent on the roster and have to cut or trade one of the youngsters before the season because of roster space. Plus, Yabuselle and Zizic are turning heads overseas and will probably join the roster in the next couple of years. With 6 1st rounders over the next 3 years, a ton of 2nd rounders incoming, 2 1st rounders stashed overseas, and a roster full of guys in their lower 20's, the draft pick just isn't as valuable to us as it would be to most other teams.

The trade essentially ends up as:
AB, James Young, Jordan Mickey, and Ben Bentil for
Livingston, Warren, and the 1st
The value is definitely great for the Celtics as Mickey doesn't hold a ton of value and Young/Bentil hold none, but the fit is pretty rough. Livingston and Warren would just make it more difficult to develop younger players with a lot more upside who are possibly already better than Livingston and Warren (Smart looks much better offensively this year and his defensive impact and intangibles are outrageous then Jaylen looks like a great 2 way bench guy short term who can play the 2-4 whereas Warren isn't a good defender and can't really shift between positions).

The pick is definitely nice as the cherry on top, but including Avery Bradley in the deal makes it impossible to see happening. He's our best defender and our best high volume shooter. Without him, our starting unit wouldn't be nearly as dominant as it has been this preseason. PG, SF, and draft picks are 3 things we simply don't want/need at the moment, and our depth chart behind AB is pretty ugly as Smart is a horrible fit in the 3 and D/off-ball role that AB fills and Rozier needs the ball in his hands to be effective. The Celtics aren't giving up AB unless it's for an upgrade at SG or in a package for a star. He's far too valuable for this upcoming season to give up for pieces that don't fit.
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#38 » by Waynearchetype » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:55 am

I have an odd feeling the Blazers will end up with him. They invested far too much money in their bench back-court this summer to not make a trade of some kind. And their starting center is an RFA next summer, when they're at the tax line.

I think Crabbe for Noel makes sense for both teams. Balances the Blazers budget better and frees up money for a long term solution at C, and that Crabbe contract won't look so bad in Philly where the glut of their players are on rookie deals.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#39 » by Blazinaway » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Waynearchetype wrote:I have an odd feeling the Blazers will end up with him. They invested far too much money in their bench back-court this summer to not make a trade of some kind. And their starting center is an RFA next summer, when they're at the tax line.

I think Crabbe for Noel makes sense for both teams. Balances the Blazers budget better and frees up money for a long term solution at C, and that Crabbe contract won't look so bad in Philly where the glut of their players are on rookie deals.

I like Crabbe to Philly for Noel but Philly needs to get more. I would think we send them Plumlee for value as we won't need him and maybe he can he routed to another team and value back to Philly. Also, I think I read on this board that the Sixers wanted a PG that can shoot/score - Napier has looked very good for the blazers in preseason in that role.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#40 » by youngcrev » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:15 pm

Waynearchetype wrote:I have an odd feeling the Blazers will end up with him. They invested far too much money in their bench back-court this summer to not make a trade of some kind. And their starting center is an RFA next summer, when they're at the tax line.

I don't really think Crabbe has positive value on that contract. He got massively overpaid in an attempt to steal him away for nothing. If the Sixers had given him that deal in free agency most would of questioned it, so giving up Noel for him just seems terriblem. I would think something significant would have to be attached, like a very loosely protected 1st.

Return to Trades and Transactions