Bucks/Hornets/Suns - Dec 15th

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Bucks/Hornets/Suns - Dec 15th 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:07 pm

Alright, this is last attempt to find Monroe a new home.

To Milwaukee (Trade Monroe, 2 2nd round picks)
-Roy Hibbert
-John Jenkins (waive)
-2017 Hornets 1st round pick (lottery protected in '17 and '18 or extinguished)

To Charlotte (Trade Hawes, Hibbert, protected 1st)
-Greg Monroe
-2017 Milwaukee 2nd round pick

To Phoenix (Trade Jenkins)
-Spencer Hawes
-2021 Milwaukee 2nd round pick

Why?

-It frees up over $10 million salary for the Bucks while giving them a 3rd C and a strong chance of 2 1st round picks in the 2017 draft

Dellevedova/Terry
Snell/Vaughan/Brogdon/Middleton
Giannis/Beasley/Novak
Parker/Teletovic/Maker
Henson/Plumlee/Hibbert

-The Hornets get a starting C while clearing up glut of frontcourt players. This put them further into EC playoff contention within top 6 IMO.

Walker/Sessions/Roberts
Batum/Lamb/Harrison
Gilchrist/Belinelli/Ellis
Williams/Kaminsky/Wood
Monroe/Zeller/Tobey

-The Suns add a stretch 4/5 while clearing up glut of backcourt players.

Bledsoe/Knight/Ulis
Booker/Barbosa/Goodwin
Warren/Tucker/Bender
Dudley/Chriss/Williams
Len/Chandler/Hawes
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Re: Bucks/Hornets/Suns - Dec 15th 

Post#2 » by chrbal » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:20 pm

So I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you are a Bucks fan. Monroes not good enough to cough up a good first for a one year rental. Roy HIbbert can disappear in games, but for $5 mil its not that bad. Hawes is another affordable contract guy. I don't get why the Suns give up cap space for Hawes and 2021 2nd round pick. Also Jenkins makes something like $1 mil this year and can shoot 3s. Hes a good depth guy to have.

I think the Bucks just have to come to the realization that they are probably stuck with Monroe.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#3 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:26 pm

chrbal wrote:So I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you are a Bucks fan. Monroes not good enough to cough up a good first for a one year rental. Roy HIbbert can disappear in games, but for $5 mil its not that bad. Hawes is another affordable contract guy. I don't get why the Suns give up cap space for Hawes and 2021 2nd round pick. Also Jenkins makes something like $1 mil this year and can shoot 3s. Hes a good depth guy to have.

I think the Bucks just have to come to the realization that they are probably stuck with Monroe.

Incorrect. Im a fan of neither of these teams. Do you consider a good first round pick to be between the 16th-20th slots?. Because if Hornets acquire Monroe, most people would project them to be in the 6th or 7th seed in the Eastern conference which would translate to a pick in the late teens.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#4 » by Golabki » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:39 pm

Overall I think it makes sense, although Hibbert might be pissed off and create problems down the road for Cha.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,184

Post#5 » by skones » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:24 pm

I don't see this for the Suns at all. Clear up a glut of backcourt players to pay 6+ million for a guy who won't see the floor? If they really want to clear the glut, they can just waive him.
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#6 » by hcsilla » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:26 pm

I do not think that the Suns are interested in taking over Hawes' contract.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#7 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:24 pm

skones wrote:I don't see this for the Suns at all. Clear up a glut of backcourt players to pay 6+ million for a guy who won't see the floor? If they really want to clear the glut, they can just waive him.

The point of the deal is to bring in a front court player in his prime still (28) who can hit 3s. The Suns don't have any front court players with that skill. Dudley is a wing player at the end of the day.

Hawes has a player option for 2017-18 and could choose to opt out and sign with a contender this off-season or for more than $6 million per under the rising cap.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#8 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:42 pm

Hell, I'd take Hawes if it got the deal done.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,478

Post#9 » by jayjaysee » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:44 am

Just a boring side note.. The deal isn't legal right?.. Monroe makes 5.8 mil more than Hawes+Hibbert.. Would have to be Hawes+Lamb (neither side likes that) or Hawes+Hibbert+Harrison (or Roberts)

A nice add to the second option would be Charlotte has a TPE that can take on a guy like Beasley or Novak.. So a deal liek Hawes, Hibbert, Harrison, first for Monroe, Beasley is legal..

And tying in a third team does makes sense.. But I don't think anyone is excited about giving cap space for Hawes and only getting a 2nd for it.

(Other) Dallas fans have been okay with a Hawes/Harris deal, which would make more sense for Milwaukee.. Or maybe a team is desperate enough for a bandaid center to give Hibbert a shot and get Milwaukee a really poor bench guard instead of another center? Gasol/Noah missing a big enough stretch or Sullinger just being awful.. Hard to make Hibbert seem like a reasonable target.

Bentley1225 wrote:Dudley is a wing player at the end of the day.

Dudley is really a PF at this point. I know he is only 31, but he is slow(er) and is better at the four.
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,349

Post#10 » by Mystical Apples » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:42 am

If CHA wanted Monroe he'd already be with CHA. They're not giving up a first + potential 2017 cap space.....no team is.
geometry
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#11 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:41 pm

chrbal wrote:Also Jenkins makes something like $1 mil this year and can shoot 3s. Hes a good depth guy to have.

He shot 31% from 3 last year. He's undersized and not that athletic.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#12 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:44 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Just a boring side note.. The deal isn't legal right?.. Monroe makes 5.8 mil more than Hawes+Hibbert.. Would have to be Hawes+Lamb (neither side likes that) or Hawes+Hibbert+Harrison (or Roberts)

A nice add to the second option would be Charlotte has a TPE that can take on a guy like Beasley or Novak.. So a deal liek Hawes, Hibbert, Harrison, first for Monroe, Beasley is legal..

And tying in a third team does makes sense.. But I don't think anyone is excited about giving cap space for Hawes and only getting a 2nd for it.

(Other) Dallas fans have been okay with a Hawes/Harris deal, which would make more sense for Milwaukee.. Or maybe a team is desperate enough for a bandaid center to give Hibbert a shot and get Milwaukee a really poor bench guard instead of another center? Gasol/Noah missing a big enough stretch or Sullinger just being awful.. Hard to make Hibbert seem like a reasonable target.

Bentley1225 wrote:Dudley is a wing player at the end of the day.

Dudley is really a PF at this point. I know he is only 31, but he is slow(er) and is better at the four.

The deal check in right at the 150% threshold unless Im completely missing something. As for Dudley, a 31 year old 6'7" wing player I dont think will be that effective at the 4 more more than a handful of minutes. He's better off playing the 2 and 3 as the Suns 6th man.
skones
RealGM

Post#13 » by skones » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
skones wrote:I don't see this for the Suns at all. Clear up a glut of backcourt players to pay 6+ million for a guy who won't see the floor? If they really want to clear the glut, they can just waive him.

The point of the deal is to bring in a front court player in his prime still (28) who can hit 3s. The Suns don't have any front court players with that skill. Dudley is a wing player at the end of the day.

Hawes has a player option for 2017-18 and could choose to opt out and sign with a contender this off-season or for more than $6 million per under the rising cap.

Bender/Chriss?

That's part of the allure of each of those guys. Hawes isn't a need, especially when they've got better alternatives now (for the position not necessarily shooting) and players to develop for that in the long term.
Chuck-Cheese
Senior
And1: 230

Post#14 » by Chuck-Cheese » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
chrbal wrote:So I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you are a Bucks fan. Monroes not good enough to cough up a good first for a one year rental. Roy HIbbert can disappear in games, but for $5 mil its not that bad. Hawes is another affordable contract guy. I don't get why the Suns give up cap space for Hawes and 2021 2nd round pick. Also Jenkins makes something like $1 mil this year and can shoot 3s. Hes a good depth guy to have.

Incorrect. Im a fan of neither of these teams. Do you consider a good first round pick to be between the 16th-20th slots?. Because if Hornets acquire Monroe, most people would project them to be in the 6th or 7th seed in the Eastern conference which would translate to a pick in the late teens.
is Monroe worth a top 20 pick? Can't see a team giving up any first for him
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#15 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:59 pm

skones wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:

Bender/Chriss?

That's part of the allure of each of those guys. Hawes isn't a need, especially when they've got better alternatives now (for the position not necessarily shooting) and players to develop for that in the long term.

Well what is the consensus on how NBA ready Bender and Chriss are?. At the end of the day, Hawes could be a 1 year, bridge the gap player as he has a PO for 2017-18 for $6 million and might want to cash in on a long term deal for $7-8 million per over 3-4 years.
skones
RealGM

Post#16 » by skones » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:01 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
skones wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:

Bender/Chriss?

Well what is the consensus on how NBA ready Bender and Chriss are?. At the end of the day, Hawes could be a 1 year, bridge the gap player as he has a PO for 2017-18 for $6 million and might want to cash in on a long term deal for $7-8 million per over 3-4 years.

And playing Hawes instead of getting Bender/Chriss reps helps them how? Hawes isn't good enough of a player to provide any impact that offsets the potential impact of the alternative.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#17 » by BadWolf » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Potentially bucks swap Monroe for Hibbert and throw in 2 2nd round picks if Hornets don't make playoffs.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#18 » by gaspar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:21 pm

skones wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:
skones wrote:
Bender/Chriss?

And playing Hawes instead of getting Bender/Chriss reps helps them how? Hawes isn't good enough of a player to provide any impact that offsets the potential impact of the alternative.

+1

Even assuming that Hawes is a better PF than Dudley (which he clearly isn't IMO), how many games more would the Suns win next year if they added Hawes to the rotation? 1? 2? It would help them achieve wat exactly?

The Suns have Chandler, Len and Williams at C and Dudley, Chriss, Bender, Tucker and Warren who all can play PF. There's no place for someone like Hawes in Phoenix whatsoever.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,478

Post#19 » by jayjaysee » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:16 pm

Bentley1225 wrote: As for Dudley, a 31 year old 6'7" wing player I dont think will be that effective at the 4 more more than a handful of minutes. He's better off playing the 2 and 3 as the Suns 6th man.

Sorry man, unless Dudley has a huge (and unexpected) resurgence. Which is possible? Maybe the back injury never fully healed all last season?.. He's a PF that can play some SF atp
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#20 » by Phystic » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:22 am

Why would the Suns take on all that extra salary for no reason? We have no interest in Hawes.

Return to Trades and Transactions