Gallinari/Chandler/Faried offers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Gallinari/Chandler/Faried offers 

Post#1 » by youngthegiant » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:57 am

Denver was supposed to be a playoff team, but has not been able to stay healthy and the veterans have not been consistent for them. Denver is looking for draft picks and young players. Barton could also be had, along with Darrell Arthur. Any offers?
becausephilchow
Sixth Man
And1: 1,272

Re: Gallinari/Chandler/Faried offers 

Post#2 » by becausephilchow » Sun Dec 4, 2016 9:09 am

Can Gallo play PF?
jackwindham
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Post#3 » by jackwindham » Sun Dec 4, 2016 9:26 am

Gallinari seems more of a starting small forward who can shift over to backup power forward who can stretch the floor.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#4 » by NashtyNas » Sun Dec 4, 2016 9:59 am

The good old Ross + 1st for Chandler never seems to get old.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#5 » by dalton749 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 11:16 am

I_Socrates wrote:The good old Ross + 1st for Chandler never seems to get old.

I think it would do it despite with ross' improvements. As great as Ross has been I'd probably do it just because chandlers more capable of defending lebron, and of course Powell makes it sting less
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#6 » by psimanic1 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 1:38 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Denver was supposed to be a playoff team, but has not been able to stay healthy and the veterans have not been consistent for them. Denver is looking for draft picks and young players. Barton could also be had, along with Darrell Arthur. Any offers?

Why draft picks and young players? Young players, sure, but guys that can grow with the ones we have, not some that we will get in few years from now. I would rather put some of our young guys too on trading block, and with that, make 2 or 3 packages for some young player with all-star potential. Gallo, Faried, Chandler, Arthur, Nelson, Barton, one of Nurkic/Jokic, one of Harris/Beasley, even Mudiay, they should all be available for right package..
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#7 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 1:55 pm

I would love either Gallinari or Chandler (more the later) in Orlando and honestly think those are two players were going to go after before the deadline.

We have plenty of expirings.
- Jeff Green (15m)
- Jodie Meeks (6.5m)
- CJ Watson (5m)

Young potential prospects on small deals.
- CJ Wilcox (1.2m/2yrs)
- Stephen Zimmerman ($950,00/3yrs)

Picks Available (protections will vary depending on return)
- '17 Orlando 1st rd pick
- '18 Orlando 1st rd pick
- '19 LA Unprotected 1st rd pick
- '17 Sacramento 2nd rd pick
- '19 most favorable 2nd rd pick from Cleveland, Houston or Portland
- Own 2nd rd picks

* Could see Hezonja being on the block for the RIGHT return from Denver.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,766

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Dec 4, 2016 2:23 pm

I don't think many people outside of Denver saw the Nuggets as a playoff team this year.

And yes Gallo can play PF. In fact it's almost certainly his best position. The fact that he has also played SF only increases his value, but he should be a PF. He can defend that position easier because most wings are too quick for him and he has the size to battle PF's and his offensive edge is increased up the lineup.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,527

Post#9 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Dec 4, 2016 2:44 pm

I tried Gallo to Orlando for Green and either Hezonja (flipped for Stanley Johnson) or the Lakers pick. I still think there is a deal with Orlando to be had here.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#10 » by tiderulz » Sun Dec 4, 2016 3:09 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I don't think many people outside of Denver saw the Nuggets as a playoff team this year.

And yes Gallo can play PF. In fact it's almost certainly his best position. The fact that he has also played SF only increases his value, but he should be a PF. He can defend that position easier because most wings are too quick for him and he has the size to battle PF's and his offensive edge is increased up the lineup.

i would worry if i was playing Gallo at PF. he gets injured enough at SF, put him against PF's that are bigger and can overpower him, seems like another injury waiting to happen
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#11 » by SD2042 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 4:31 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I tried Gallo to Orlando for Green and either Hezonja (flipped for Stanley Johnson) or the Lakers pick. I still think there is a deal with Orlando to be had here.

How about Chandler and Barton

For

Green, Wilcox, the 2018 first pick top 15 protected
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#12 » by The Rebel » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:27 pm

SD2042 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:I tried Gallo to Orlando for Green and either Hezonja (flipped for Stanley Johnson) or the Lakers pick. I still think there is a deal with Orlando to be had here.

How about Chandler and Barton

For

Green, Wilcox, the 2018 first pick top 15 protected

That is horrific for the Nuggets.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by The Rebel » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:29 pm

I could see Hezonja and filler for Gallo, but I do not believe they will take Johnson at this time, too many reported issues with work ethic and attitude.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by The Rebel » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:32 pm

IF the Nuggets move any of those 3 the only things I can see the Nuggets doing is getting young prospects that show potential and are currently buried on some team's bench and future picks (like they found with Barton and a 1st for Afflalo). Or of course if they found some team wanting to trade a superstar and they could swing a 3 or 4 team deal based around those 3 for that star.
HartfordWhalers

Post#15 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:38 pm

The Rebel wrote:

I could see Hezonja and filler for Gallo, but I do not believe they will take Johnson at this time, too many reported issues with work ethic and attitude.

Well thats easier. Who would Denver want to cut/throw in as filler in a Green/Hezonja for Gallo deal to make roster spots work Dump Miller on Orlando?

Green/Hezonja for Gallo/Miller works December 15th.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#16 » by psimanic1 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:40 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Well thats easier. Who would Denver want to cut/throw in as filler in a Green/Hezonja for Gallo deal to make roster spots work Dump Miller on Orlando?

Nelson
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#17 » by j-ragg » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:48 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

How much different would the value between Wilson Chandler and Gallo be?

I just worry about giving up the 5th pick from last year, even if he was lackluster, for (another) expiring veteran who is gonna demand big bucks this off season. Wilson seems like one of the bargains in the league.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by The Rebel » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:51 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

As Psimanic said Nelson would be the guy thrown in, we have Mudiay and Murray that both should be getting more time at PG, the Nuggets could cut Gee and go sign a 3rd PG after that. As crazy as it sounds I doubt Miller goes anywhere, despite not even having a contract with the Nuggets last summer he was part of the recruiting for Wade and is reportedly close with Stan Kroenke's right hand man Bret Bearup.
HartfordWhalers

Post#19 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:17 pm

j-ragg wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

I just worry about giving up the 5th pick from last year, even if he was lackluster, for (another) expiring veteran who is gonna demand big bucks this off season. Wilson seems like one of the bargains in the league.

I'm fine with that switch on behalf of Denver (which doesn't mean much). Personally, I think Gallo is a much better fit because Orlando needs his offense, but both would be useful no doubt.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#20 » by j-ragg » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:25 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

I'm fine with that switch on behalf of Denver (which doesn't mean much). Personally, I think Gallo is a much better fit because Orlando needs his offense, but both would be useful no doubt.

Same here. Just terrified of Ibaka's possible payoff. Think Gallo is better fit but Chandler makes sense long term.

In reality we'll just keep playing big so none of this matters lol.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.

Return to Trades and Transactions