Boston Ideas Aiming Too High? Rumor: DAL/BOS

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: Boston Ideas Aiming Too High? Rumor: DAL/BOS 

Post#21 » by 2011Champs » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:45 pm

I really feel like saying f*** Boston after they completely beat us in the Rondo deal but then again our looney owner agreed to the deal. I personally would only trade Bogut only for a 1st round pick and filler to make the salary work but knowing our owner he will bend over backwards or forwards depending on how you look at it to give Boston a great deal.

Edited for offensive language - bondom34
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,709

Post#22 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:46 pm

LoyalKing wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:Boston has leverage in a Bogut deal as all Dallas paid was a 2nd rounder.

Not really. What Dallas paid is irrelevant. Bogut is healthy and he is producing @ high level as one of the best defensive anchors in the NBA.

First, just for the record, the Warriors paid Dallas a future 2nd, Dallas only gave one of those top 55 ones to complete the deal.

But yeah if Bogut continues to play well and stays healthy, a team will be willing to give minor value to have him for a playoff run. One of the reasons Bogut is particularly appealing to the Celtics is that he is a rental. They want to preserve cap space for next summer so Bogut is a better target than guys like Gortat or Chandler. There isn't another rental defensive anchor of his caliber on the market.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#23 » by Resistance » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:59 pm

Cuban is okay trading with Boston again?

Would Dallas have about the same leverage with Bogut that Boston had a few years ago when trading Rondo?
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#24 » by BleedGreen1989 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:19 pm

I'm not comfortable giving up a 1st for Bogut as of now.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#25 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:34 pm

I don't really understand this. If Boston wanted Bogut for more than a season, won't they have to *not* renounce him as a FA at the end of the season? Wouldn't this eat into their cap space to the same extent as if he had been under contract? And if that's the case, then wouldn't they just be trading a future first for a rental?
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#26 » by loserX » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:42 pm

cosmofizzo wrote:I don't really understand this. If Boston wanted Bogut for more than a season, won't they have to *not* renounce him as a FA at the end of the season? Wouldn't this eat into their cap space to the same extent as if he had been under contract? And if that's the case, then wouldn't they just be trading a future first for a rental?

It seems at this point that Bogut's expiring is a *positive* for Boston, who want a useful player that won't eat into their capspace next year. It may be in their interest to overpay for a short contract rather than pay fair value for a long one.

They can just renounce Bogut in the offseason. If someone else wants their money, the capspace is there. If no one else does, they can probably re-sign Bogut at a lower number anyway.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#27 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:51 pm

Zeller, Young and the future LAC lottery protected first feels fair, IMO. Would love it if Dallas accepted Zeller/Jackson/Minny second, but it feels a little light.
Texas Chuck

Post#28 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:11 pm

Resistance wrote:Cuban is okay trading with Boston again?

Why wouldn't he? To stop doing business with one of 29 other teams because Rondo flaked out would be foolish. Yeah Boston got way the better end of the deal. It happens. I'd expect the teams Dallas got the better of to still be willing to deal with us.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#29 » by SMTBSI » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:19 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:We have talked about this a ton.

It looks like this: Zeller plus minor asset(s) for Bogut. Phins deal above certainly qualifies.

At this point I figure this deal is pretty much just waiting on Boston to decide they're not realistically going to land anything bigger.
(Edit: Than and Jan 15th, obviously...)
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,462

Post#30 » by jayjaysee » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:52 pm

Are we supposed to hate the Celtics because Rondo isn't actually good at basketball and doesn't like being coached? I don't get it. I don't hate Phoenix for taking Jason Kidd from us and I hope Charlotte has forgiven us for Dampier, though their fans don't seem to like him at all so no harm.

Yeah, we are waiting for Jan 15th and this deal is happening. It'll probably be less value than the majority of the suggestions in this thread, but it is nice that most people have suggested actual value rather than pretending Bogut doesn't have value simply because we got lucky in acquiring him and/or we are awful. I expect Jackson and a 2nd.
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#31 » by Pointguard01 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 4:35 am

loserX wrote:
cosmofizzo wrote:I don't really understand this. If Boston wanted Bogut for more than a season, won't they have to *not* renounce him as a FA at the end of the season? Wouldn't this eat into their cap space to the same extent as if he had been under contract? And if that's the case, then wouldn't they just be trading a future first for a rental?

It seems at this point that Bogut's expiring is a *positive* for Boston, who want a useful player that won't eat into their capspace next year. It may be in their interest to overpay for a short contract rather than pay fair value for a long one.

They can just renounce Bogut in the offseason. If someone else wants their money, the capspace is there. If no one else does, they can probably re-sign Bogut at a lower number anyway.

Bogut also the best [available] center in free agency by far, and a great fit in Boston. Of course, the flexibility is nice, but I would assume that Boston is viewing this move as a long-term option. He is the perfect kind of veteran leader that Boston could use with such a young team that has never won before. His value on the court will be obvious, but in the locker room is just as important. He would have a great impact on the Boston team.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,314

Post#32 » by Homerclease » Tue Dec 6, 2016 4:39 am

Amir and the clipper first, send it into the league office
Walmart
Starter
And1: 1,318

Post#33 » by Walmart » Tue Dec 6, 2016 6:27 am

Get over the Rondo deal, Dallas managed to dump Raef on them.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#34 » by Patsfan1081 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 11:27 am

Would love to see Boston get Bogut. Hasn't Cuban gone on record saying he doesn't think the team should tank? Maybe a slight overpay would change his mind?
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#35 » by Patsfan1081 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 11:31 am

Walmart wrote:Get over the Rondo deal, Dallas managed to dump Raef on them.

Raef had five years left when Boston traded Antoine plus for him, dark days.....
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#36 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Dec 6, 2016 11:41 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
Resistance wrote:Cuban is okay trading with Boston again?

Why wouldn't he? To stop doing business with one of 29 other teams because Rondo flaked out would be foolish. Yeah Boston got way the better end of the deal. It happens. I'd expect the teams Dallas got the better of to still be willing to deal with us.

Not sure. The Ricky Ledo swindle still hurts.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#37 » by TheOGJabroni » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:21 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Walmart wrote:Get over the Rondo deal, Dallas managed to dump Raef on them.

Raef had five years left when Boston traded Antoine plus for him, dark days.....

He was also key to getting KG :lol:
Texas Chuck

Post#38 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:40 pm

So last night after Hibbert falls into Bogut's leg. My first thought was I hope Bogut is okay. But admittedly my 2nd thought was there went my dreams of the Minny 2nd and Demetrius Jackson.....

But he should be okay by Zeller's eligibility so bullet dodged and without Bogut the tank just got upgraded.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,314

Post#39 » by Homerclease » Tue Dec 6, 2016 3:11 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:So last night after Hibbert falls into Bogut's leg. My first thought was I hope Bogut is okay. But admittedly my 2nd thought was there went my dreams of the Minny 2nd and Demetrius Jackson.....

But he should be okay by Zeller's eligibility so bullet dodged and without Bogut the tank just got upgraded.

To be perfectly honest chuck id rather give you Amir Johnson over Zeller at this point....still interested?
Texas Chuck

Post#40 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Dec 6, 2016 3:13 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:So last night after Hibbert falls into Bogut's leg. My first thought was I hope Bogut is okay. But admittedly my 2nd thought was there went my dreams of the Minny 2nd and Demetrius Jackson.....

To be perfectly honest chuck id rather give you Amir Johnson over Zeller at this point....still interested?

I doubt Ainge agrees with you, but Dallas doesn't care who we get. It's all just salary matching for us.

Return to Trades and Transactions