Hawks/Kings: Bazemore for Afflalo+MClemore

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Hawks/Kings: Bazemore for Afflalo+MClemore 

Post#1 » by mhd » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:06 am

Simple trade:

Hawks regret the Bazemore contract and decide to perhaps resign Hardaway and/or be players in FA this year. Kings want an athletic wing, and they basically give up nothing here.
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Re: Hawks/Kings: Bazemore for Afflalo+MClemore 

Post#2 » by RightToCensor » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:25 am

I like it for Atlanta to get out the Bazemore contract, but they aren't getting much in return to build on for the next couple years. They'd be making this trade solely to escape the Kent's contract and nothing else.

The Kings could end up with the best player in this deal, but end up tying up more money than they'd want to pay for a 3&D wing.

I like the value, but I'm curious if either team would realistically make this deal since Atlanta is looking actually compete in the postseason and the Kings are looking to build around Cousins the next six years.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#3 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:49 am

Ya this would have to be a no from me. Bazemore got flat out overpaid. It was coming off a career year where he came out of the blue. This year hes been a net negative and hasn't helped Atlanta at all. I'm not convinced that he will ever "rebound" because I don't think hes capable of being a starter. Hes best as the first wing off the bench and if he was being paid properly 8-10mill per year than that would be acceptable. At his current salary, I dont want him even for free.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#4 » by Soulyss » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:55 am

Ouch... Last year Bazemore was untouchable.. now he only fetches Affalo & McClemore?
mikestar
Junior
And1: 105

Post#5 » by mikestar » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:58 am

I would not think Sac would do this. Overpaying for mediocrity won't help.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#6 » by lakerhater » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:03 am

Sac passes. They're better off trying to make a deal with NYK for Courtney Lee.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#7 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:11 am

Soulyss wrote:Ouch... Last year Bazemore was untouchable.. now he only fetches Affalo & McClemore?

Bazemore is playing pretty awful. For as much crap as Crabbe gets for his deal, at least Crabbe is playing at the same level (arguably better given his current shooting percentages) he was last season when he was given that contract. Bazemore got his money and his production fell off a cliff.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#8 » by Soulyss » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:18 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Soulyss wrote:Ouch... Last year Bazemore was untouchable.. now he only fetches Affalo & McClemore?

Bazemore is playing pretty awful. For as much crap as Crabbe gets for his deal, at least Crabbe is playing at the same level (arguably better given his current shooting percentages) he was last season when he was given that contract. Bazemore got his money and his production fell off a cliff.

If Crabbe continues to play like he has the last two games, he's going to actually be worth that contract. Holy cow it looks like a light has come on the last two games.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#9 » by wolves_89 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:27 pm

I don't know if Bazemore is movable at this point, even in a deal like this that is basically dumping him for next to nothing. I'd guess the Kings would pass and see if they can use the cap space more effectively next off-season.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#10 » by QRich3 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm still on McLemore island even though I think I might be alone at this point, I think he can be a good role player given confidence and a defined role. Which Atlanta would be a perfect place for.

Bazemore's contract is tough, but with the Kings recent problems to attract free agents, I might even do it.

Return to Trades and Transactions