Suns - Blazers - Kings - Knicks

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Suns - Blazers - Kings - Knicks 

Post#1 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Kings Trade:
Rudy Gay
Anthony Tolliver
Arron Afflalo

Kings Get:
Courtney Lee
Brandon Knight
Evan Turner

Blazers Trade:
Evan Turner
Festus Ezeli
Mo Harkless

Blazers Get:
Rudy Gay
Tyson Chandler
Kyle O'Quinn
Mindaugas Kuzminskas

Knicks Trade:
Derrick Rose
Courtney Lee
Kyle O'Quinn
Mindaugas Kuzminskas

Knicks Get:
Eric Bledsoe
Mo Harkless
Anthony Tolliver

Suns Trade:
Eric Bledsoe
Brandon Knight
Tyson Chandler

Suns Get:
Derrick Rose
Festus Ezeli
Arron Afflalo

Why for Kings: Pick up three players who can all help and contribute immediately. They take on salary, but pick up three talented players.

Why for Blazers: Almost hit the reset button on free agency, they pick up some interior defense with Chandler. Gay, O'Quinn and Kuz all bring interesting dynamics to the team.

Who for Knicks: Bledsoe becomes the point guard the Knicks have been searching for, also get the local kid in Harkless in NY.

Why for Suns: They want picks for Bledsoe, but instead use him in a bigger trade to dump the contracts of Knight and Chandler. Hit the reset button and go forward with the young Suns.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,935

Re: Suns - Blazers - Kings - Knicks 

Post#2 » by wolves_89 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:29 pm

The Knicks are outright stealing from the Suns. The NY outgoing package doesn't come anywhere close to getting Bledsoe yet somehow they also get Harkless as well. As far as the Suns, they are getting shafted in spectacular fashion.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,642

Post#3 » by Phystic » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:05 am

Wow, this trade is just terrible for the Suns. Why would we give away Bledsoe? We can actually gain assets from a Bledsoe trade. And at worst we can dump Knight and Chandler (if we even want to) and not give up assets to do it.

Ezeli would be the only positive return we get from this trade. That's how bad this is.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#4 » by DusterBuster » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:11 am

I don't care for it for Portland.

That said, there's bigger problems with this trade, namely the whole Phoenix bit. This whole trade feels like it started with the Chandler to Portland idea and then was blown up to ludicrous proportions just so the Knicks can steal Bledsoe.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Post#5 » by giberish » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:18 am

This looks way too good for the Knicks, questionable for Sac and Portland and really bad for Phoenix. I'd expect Phoenix could salary dump Knight/Chandler for EC filler if needed - though what would they use the extra cap space for anyway??. They'd expect a significant asset back for Bledsoe.

The Knicks not only get Bledsoe, but also the 2nd most valuable player in the deal in Harkless.

Sacramento takes back a crapload of long-term money in a way that doesn't look good. Lee is a solid win in the short-run and probably has some value even with his age/contract length. You could sort-of justify adding Turner or Knight to their guard rotation but adding both is really a mess - and they deal their best PF with no replacement.

Portland clears Turner at the cost of Harkless, getting Gay as a stop-gap. That looks reasonable. I don't see them needing Chandler and O'Quinn (it's not like Ezeli is leaving a hole in their rotation).
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#6 » by DusterBuster » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:25 am

giberish wrote:Portland clears Turner at the cost of Harkless, getting Gay as a stop-gap. That looks reasonable. I don't see them needing Chandler and O'Quinn (it's not like Ezeli is leaving a hole in their rotation).

Portland's not looking to clear Turner in the first place, let alone giving up Harkless to accomplish that non-goal.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#7 » by lakerhater » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:43 am

giberish wrote:This looks way too good for the Knicks, questionable for Sac and Portland and really bad for Phoenix. I'd expect Phoenix could salary dump Knight/Chandler for EC filler if needed - though what would they use the extra cap space for anyway??. They'd expect a significant asset back for Bledsoe.

The Knicks not only get Bledsoe, but also the 2nd most valuable player in the deal in Harkless.

Sacramento takes back a crapload of long-term money in a way that doesn't look good. Lee is a solid win in the short-run and probably has some value even with his age/contract length. You could sort-of justify adding Turner or Knight to their guard rotation but adding both is really a mess - and they deal their best PF with no replacement.

Portland clears Turner at the cost of Harkless, getting Gay as a stop-gap. That looks reasonable. I don't see them needing Chandler and O'Quinn (it's not like Ezeli is leaving a hole in their rotation).

Yep, one of Turner or Knight could make sense for Sac but not both but I wouldn't want either. Lee has definitely got to be one of Sac's trade targets though so that part makes tons of sense for them.
DaleyBlind
Veteran
And1: 1,832

Post#8 » by DaleyBlind » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:38 am

This is laughably bad for PHX, i mean are u kidding with this??

eE trade Bledsoe, Knight and Chandler for cap space :crazy: :nonono: :banghead:
OGBAH
Senior
And1: 312

Post#9 » by OGBAH » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:48 am

Nope
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#10 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:08 am

Suns really want rose?? I dont think so. They have enough scoring
tacos
Senior
And1: 383

Post#11 » by tacos » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:19 am

Am i the only one here who thinks Mindaugas Kuzminskas looks like a pocket morty character? "Basketball Morty"
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#12 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:03 am

No thanks from Sacramento. Gay for Lee is one thing. Adding Tolliver/Afflalo for Knight/Turner is a no thank you from me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using RealGM mobile app
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#13 » by Saberestar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:42 am

Suns say no, thank you.

Bledsoe has a lot more value than that.

Return to Trades and Transactions