Den-Chi

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Den-Chi 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:18 am

Denver sends: Kenneth Faried, Jameer Nelson, OKC+Mem 2nds
Chicago sends: Rajon Rondo, Taj Gibson, Worse of Chi/Sac 1sts

Why for the Nuggets? They get a bit of playoff experience if they want to keep/control Rondo, otherwise they get an expiring and only $3mil is guaranteed next year for Rondo too. On top of this, they get a 1st. Basically salary dumping Manimal for Taj.
Why for Chicago? They get a competent vet point that shoots decently and would be a much better fit for the team, they also get a decent young PF that is locked up on a decent deal for a few years rather than having to pay Taj a bit more handsomely in the off season. (Kinda curious as to what money Taj gets...~$17mil?)
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Re: Den-Chi 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:37 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:Denver sends: Kenneth Faried, Jameer Nelson, OKC+Mem 2nds

Why for the Nuggets? They get a bit of playoff experience if they want to keep/control Rondo, otherwise they get an expiring and only $3mil is guaranteed next year for Rondo too. On top of this, they get a 1st. Basically salary dumping Manimal for Taj.
Why for Chicago? They get a competent vet point that shoots decently and would be a much better fit for the team, they also get a decent young PF that is locked up on a decent deal for a few years rather than having to pay Taj a bit more handsomely in the off season. (Kinda curious as to what money Taj gets...~$17mil?)

I'm not crazy about this. I would rather Chicago keep Tak than swap in Faried.

Is Jameer worth a mid1st over Rondo? I don't see it.

Chicago paper had Chicago shopping Rondo (no surprise) and Mirotic. I feel like something that looked like:

Chi out: Rondo, Mirotic
Chi in: Jameer, ___?__

Denver out: Jameer,
Denver in: Rondo, ___??___

Third team out: ___???___
Third team in: Mirotic

Where Mirotic is the incentive to swap Rondo into Jameer, but obviously Mirotic needs a better fit than Denver.

It is not a great fit, but:

Chi in: Jameer, Calderon

Denver in: Rondo, 2 2nds LAL got for Calderon

LAL out: Calderon, 2 2nds

No, Mirotic is not the defender that LAL lacks, but he is worth 2 2nds as a flier which is a price I would pay from Philly. And with RFA rights here, LAL controls the process.
Denver gets 2 2nds and to the salary floor cheaper, but loses out on Rondo's cap hit next year. But they also clear Jameer and make way for 30 mpg of Murray which I desperately want to see.
Chicago gets a pg that will fit in, and cahses out on a Mirotic that I don't know what they will do next summer with as a rfa.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#3 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:49 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:

Chicago paper had Chicago shopping Rondo (no surprise) and Mirotic. I feel like something that looked like:

Where Mirotic is the incentive to swap Rondo into Jameer, but obviously Mirotic needs a better fit than Denver.

No, Mirotic is not the defender that LAL lacks, but he is worth 2 2nds as a flier which is a price I would pay from Philly. And with RFA rights here, LAL controls the process.
Denver gets 2 2nds and to the salary floor cheaper, but loses out on Rondo's cap hit next year. But they also clear Jameer and make way for 30 mpg of Murray which I desperately want to see.
Chicago gets a pg that will fit in, and cahses out on a Mirotic that I don't know what they will do next summer with as a rfa.

I honestly like your idea a bit better, but I don't see LA being the team to do it with, their minutes at the 4 are pretty tied up with Randle, Nance, and whatever remainder for Deng, and I don't see the RFA Mirotic being enough to win playing time over them at the cost of two seconds.

I'd look more at NO (one of their guards to Chi + a 2nd to Denver), Houston (take a flier on KJ in Chi and a few seconds to Denver), or Washington (Burke to Chi, 2nd or two to Denver).
HartfordWhalers

Post#4 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:01 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

I honestly like your idea a bit better, but I don't see LA being the team to do it with, their minutes at the 4 are pretty tied up with Randle, Nance, and whatever remainder for Deng, and I don't see the RFA Mirotic being enough to win playing time over them at the cost of two seconds.

I'd look more at NO (one of their guards to Chi + a 2nd to Denver), Houston (take a flier on KJ in Chi and a few seconds to Denver), or Washington (Burke to Chi, 2nd or two to Denver).

New Orleans is a much better pick.

That said, I'm having trouble keeping it a proposal under control given their contracts.
HartfordWhalers

Post#5 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:07 am

Oh go for broke? http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jd4ywc6

NOP in: Nurkic, Mirotic
NOP out: QPon, Anjinca, '17 1st top 10 protected

Den in: NOP 1st, QPon, Rondo
Den out: Nurkic

Chi in: Anjica, Jameer

New Orleans shores up its full frontcourt, Denver gets a top 10 protected 1st that is most likely 11-15 in a strong draft, Chicago gets a serviceable backup pg and a backup big they actually could use.

If the feeling is Denver needs more, add the Philly and/or NOP 2nds but I'm not sure they do.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:55 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:Oh go for broke? http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jd4ywc6

NOP in: Nurkic, Mirotic
NOP out: QPon, Anjinca, '17 1st top 10 protected

Den in: NOP 1st, QPon, Rondo
Den out: Nurkic

Chi in: Anjica, Jameer

New Orleans shores up its full frontcourt, Denver gets a top 10 protected 1st that is most likely 11-15 in a strong draft, Chicago gets a serviceable backup pg and a backup big they actually could use.

If the feeling is Denver needs more, add the Philly and/or NOP 2nds but I'm not sure they do.

I'd push for a lotto protected first if I'm NO, maybe have Chicago make up the value by sending a 2nd?

I really like the gist of the deal though.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#7 » by GimmeDat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:25 am

OP deal makes no sense for us.

HW's deal makes a little bit more sense, but we're taking on long term money for marginal upgrades to back up spots. Kills our 2017 FA hopes and almost guarantees we lose Felicio to RFA even though he's probably on a similar level to Ajinca (and younger).

The only thing I can see that makes sense from a Bulls standpoint is perhaps something like this -

Bulls out: Lopez, 2017 1st (better of Kings/Bulls), McDermott
Bulls in: Nurkic, salary filler, Frazier

Denver out: Nurkic, Nelson
Denver in: 2017 1st (better of Kings/Bulls), Diallo

NOP out: Diallo, salary filler
NOP in: Lopez, McDermott, Nelson
Walmart
Starter
And1: 1,318

Post#8 » by Walmart » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:53 am

If Chicago is going to trade that Sacramento pick they should be targeting a PG, but it sure isn't Jameer Nelson.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#9 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:34 pm

OP isn't bad for Denver, in fact I sorta' like it but Rondo isn't a real desireable for Denver IMO. Sure, he's an improvement but he's just a better version of Nelson as an excuse to not play our youth. Don't think Chicago would be too happy to make that deal though.

The Lakers included trade makes more sense for some reasons but is not as good for Denver, but wouldn't be a terrible deal at all. It just doesn't address needs other than more 2nd round picks, which would be fine.

The New Orleans included trade makes a lot more sense for everyone except Denver. The value's OK but Denver's already loaded at SG and Pondexter is not going to see many minutes sitting behind Harris & Barton & probably Murray with Beasley waiting to play as well.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#10 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Would not give up 2 rounders for Niko who had have to fight for minutes.

Return to Trades and Transactions