Random Rumor thread: deadline open talk thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Birdie
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,516

Re: Random Rumor thread: deadline open talk thread 

Post#161 » by Birdie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:53 am

Read on Twitter

Guess CLE gonna do some due diligence and have a backup plan if Bogut doesn't shake loose. I just hope Griff doesn't let go of Cedi if at all possible. The funny thing, even 2+ years out of the league, 50% Larry Sanders would be 10x better than anything Birdman gave us this year or Sasha all of last year or hell, Kendrick/Brendan Haywood in 2014. It's been sad how bad our Centers have been since LBJ's return outside of TT, who really isn't a center.
Come at the king, you best not miss...
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#162 » by FrontPageNews » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:34 am

Larry sanders would be a good pickup but it's gonna take a while to get him into game shape. They need to keep his minutes down. Players tend to get hurt after being out a while. They're gonna have to ease him back in.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#163 » by Fotis St » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:56 am

Tony Snell for Tyus Jones
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#164 » by Zion Wembanyama » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:30 am

Fotis St wrote:Tony Snell for Tyus Jones

I'd like to see Tyus end up on the same team as OK4.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#165 » by BullyKing » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Sixers on line 1.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#166 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:53 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sixers on line 1.

I'm cheap with draft assets and wouldn't give up what they want. But if they move Drummond and hard reset Okafor and Okc pick?
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#167 » by BullyKing » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:01 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sixers on line 1.

I'm cheap with draft assets and wouldn't give up what they want. But if they move Drummond and hard reset Okafor and Okc pick?

I'd offer more. Okafor (or whatever assets we can get for him elsewhere) and say a 2018 top-10 protected pick?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#168 » by FrontPageNews » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Stan van is putting his whole team on notice. I don't think they end up doing anything major tho.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,525

Post#169 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:22 pm

FrontPageNews wrote:Stan van is putting his whole team on notice. I don't think they end up doing anything major tho.

I'm not sold that's great for Chemistry.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#170 » by stitches » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:23 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Our radio voice David Locke has a thing about Stein and Jazz rumors. According to him, Stein is the reporter that gets most things wrong on the Jazz and today in his daily podcast he mentioned again that Stein probably got this one wrong too. He also said Deron might be an option for the Jazz in the summer if Hill leaves.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#171 » by kriss73 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:33 pm

BullyKing wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sixers on line 1.

I'd offer more. Okafor (or whatever assets we can get for him elsewhere) and say a 2018 top-10 protected pick?

Has to be 3-way: you don't want to pay Noel and KCP RFAs at the same time.

So:

Noel + -> Team X
KCP ->PHI
Team X and PHI assets ->DET.

Something like this.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#172 » by MotownMadness » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:37 pm

Pistons clearly aren't willing to pay this team as constructed what it's going to cost. Are highest contracts are Drummond, KCP(soon to be), Reggie then Harris. He's fielding offers on all of them to see who can bring back the best return but I'm sure they will settle on dumping Jackson or something.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,009

Post#173 » by R-DAWG » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:51 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Pistons clearly aren't willing to pay this team as constructed what it's going to cost. Are highest contracts are Drummond, KCP(soon to be), Reggie then Harris. He's fielding offers on all of them to see who can bring back the best return but I'm sure they will settle on dumping Jackson or something.

What is the cost of Tobias Harris. Could Miami get him for their 2nd this year?

But the mindset in DET makes sense. It's cool when you have a fun, young team and compete for playoff spots. But if you pay everyone you just become a mediocre team. So, if DET can move KCP and get another young player with more rookie scale years and similar upside, plus a 2nd asset to offset the risk, it makes some sense.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#174 » by MotownMadness » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:52 pm

R-DAWG wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Pistons clearly aren't willing to pay this team as constructed what it's going to cost. Are highest contracts are Drummond, KCP(soon to be), Reggie then Harris. He's fielding offers on all of them to see who can bring back the best return but I'm sure they will settle on dumping Jackson or something.

What is the cost of Tobias Harris. Could Miami get him for their 2nd this year?

No :lol:
Birdie
Assistant Coach

Post#175 » by Birdie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:01 pm

kriss73 wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

So:

Noel + -> Team X
KCP ->PHI

Something like this.

So they want to pay KCP instead of paying Noel? Not quite sure how that works out in a grand scheme of "The Process"? I like KCP's game but sure don't want to give him the $$$ he thinks he's worth.

If I were Philly, if they're getting rid of Okafor, I don't know how you not keep Noel has backup insurance against Embiid going down with injury. Not like elite, athletic, young defensive centers grow on trees, imo.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#176 » by bebopdeluxe » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Birdie wrote:
kriss73 wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

So:

Noel + -> Team X
KCP ->PHI

Something like this.

So they want to pay KCP instead of paying Noel? Not quite sure how that works out in a grand scheme of "The Process"? I like KCP's game but sure don't want to give him the $$$ he thinks he's worth.

If I were Philly, if they're getting rid of Okafor, I don't know how you not keep Noel has backup insurance against Embiid going down with injury. Not like elite, athletic, young defensive centers grow on trees, imo.

It works because KCP provides something we don't already have - a solid defensive wing who can shoot the 3.

I can't speak for other Sixers fans but I would rather pay $80-90 million to a guy who will start and provide something that we don't have than pay $80-90 million to a guy who is not as good as somebody we already have (Embiid) and will most likely 1) only play 15-18 minutes a game, and 2) be on the bench in the guts of the game.

Pretty simple, actually.
Birdie
Assistant Coach

Post#177 » by Birdie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:40 pm

bebopdeluxe wrote:
Birdie wrote:
kriss73 wrote:

So:

Noel + -> Team X
KCP ->PHI

Something like this.

It works because KCP provides something we don't already have - a solid defensive wing who can shoot the 3.

I can't speak for other Sixers fans but I would rather pay $80-90 million to a guy who will start and provide something that we don't have than pay $80-90 million to a guy who is not as good as somebody we already have (Embiid) and will most likely 1) only play 15-18 minutes a game, and 2) be on the bench in the guts of the game.

Pretty simple, actually.

Maybe but you already got Gerald Henderson as a stopgap at the moment and you don't know what this team will be like with Simmons? Why dump that kind of money into KCP when he's been as consistent as Noel, and to some degree, has had more opportunities with DET to showcase that and has been up/down. At least with Noel, you know what you're getting. But I agree with you, based on needs, it makes sense but I would venture to guess, PG + SG/Wing will be PHI targets through draft/FA in next 1-3 years to fill around core of Simmons/Saric/Embiid.

I like KCP's game but for Philly at this time, I don't think he's really necessary or makes you guys a better team in the longrun.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#178 » by bondom34 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Chandler
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#179 » by BadWolf » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter

this true?
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#180 » by DusterBuster » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:04 pm