Dunn for Nance jr.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Dunn for Nance jr. 

Post#1 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Lakers get a good perimeter defender to partner with Russel. Dunn can guard PGs and SGs so you can hide Russel on a weaker scorer.

Wolves get a PF. Plus I like Larry way more than Kris :D

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hgm8u4m
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Re: Dunn for Nance jr. 

Post#2 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:48 pm

That's a quick no.
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#3 » by warren weel im » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:48 pm

You are right to like Junior, I think he will eventually be our starting PF when all is said and done.

Jury's still out on Dunn, but the upside might be too high for the Lakers to pass up if it were offered.

I would really hate you if you offered this to me.
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#4 » by BleedGreen1989 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Top-5 pick for LN?....
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#5 » by BadWolf » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Dunn has start slow, but still holds more value. maybe next year if there's no jump.
lakers would have to take it. but if they keep a pick they're likely to select a PG with it.
Rubio9Guy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,290

Post#6 » by Rubio9Guy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Lol awful for the Wolves. Just awful. Dunn has shown very good defensive capabilities. Obviously offense has a ways to go

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using RealGM mobile app
josemg95
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#7 » by josemg95 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:12 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Lakers get a good perimeter defender to partner with Russel. Dunn can guard PGs and SGs so you can hide Russel on a weaker scorer.

add some more to minny maybe robinson or deng
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#8 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:22 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:Top-5 pick for LN?....

seriously we are giving up on dunn 3 months into his career? :crazy:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,087

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:49 pm

josemg95 wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:Lakers get a good perimeter defender to partner with Russel. Dunn can guard PGs and SGs so you can hide Russel on a weaker scorer.

add some more to minny maybe robinson or deng

Now that would be a trade too good for the Lakers to pass on. Then redirect Dunn to Sixers or Pelicans, and Kupchak's busted his slump.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Post#10 » by Kupchak9 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Dang a Wolves fan posted this? I'm not sure how ready I am to give up on Lance yet. I'd be more inclined to trade Randle if anything. In any case this would be a post-draft type trade. But wouldnt Minny be more inclined to pick up a PF in the draft? They're projected to have the #6 right now and could definitely find one.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#11 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Kupchak9 wrote:Dang a Wolves fan posted this? I'm not sure how ready I am to give up on Lance yet. I'd be more inclined to trade Randle if anything. In any case this would be a post-draft type trade. But wouldnt Minny be more inclined to pick up a PF in the draft? They're projected to have the #6 right now and could definitely find one.

The draft is full of good PGs, not PFs. The time to cash on Dunn is now. And Larry over Randle all day.
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Kupchak9 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:27 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Kupchak9 wrote:Dang a Wolves fan posted this? I'm not sure how ready I am to give up on Lance yet. I'd be more inclined to trade Randle if anything. In any case this would be a post-draft type trade. But wouldnt Minny be more inclined to pick up a PF in the draft? They're projected to have the #6 right now and could definitely find one.

The draft is full of good PGs, not PFs. The time to cash on Dunn is now. And Larry over Randle all day.

If it came down to that, I'd send Dunn to a 3rd team for a big. Not that I'm not high on Dunn, just that I'd rather select Ball/Smith Jr with our draft pick and slide Russell over to SG to make him play the CJ McCollum role.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#13 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:35 pm

Kupchak9 wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

If it came down to that, I'd send Dunn to a 3rd team for a big. Not that I'm not high on Dunn, just that I'd rather select Ball/Smith Jr with our draft pick and slide Russell over to SG to make him play the CJ McCollum role.

depending how the lottery goes lakers may not have a pick.
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Kupchak9 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:40 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Kupchak9 wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

Lets not let it come to that. :D
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#15 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Kupchak9 wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Kupchak9 wrote:

I think Lakers should take my deal now and if the get top 3 in the lottery trade it for Boogie/Drummond/Jordan/Whiteside and they are set :D
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Kupchak9 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:27 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Kupchak9 wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

I think Lakers should take my deal now and if the get top 3 in the lottery trade it for Boogie/Drummond/Jordan/Whiteside and they are set :D

I'm down just have to find a taker for Lou. Our guard rotation would be a bit too crowded with this deal. Heck you guys could probably use him after trading out Dunn.

I like this:

LAL out: Nance, Lou, Young
LAL in: Dunn, McDaniels, Nene, HOU 1st

MIN out: Dunn, Shabazz, future 2nd
MIN in: Nance, Lou

HOU out: McDaniels, Nene, HOU 1st
HOU in: Shabazz, Young, MIN 2nd
Peezo
Rookie
And1: 79

Post#17 » by Peezo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:46 am

Kupchak9 wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Kupchak9 wrote:

I'm down just have to find a taker for Lou. Our guard rotation would be a bit too crowded with this deal. Heck you guys could probably use him after trading out Dunn.

I like this:

LAL out: Nance, Lou, Young
LAL in: Dunn, McDaniels, Nene, HOU 1st

MIN out: Dunn, Shabazz, future 2nd
MIN in: Nance, Lou

HOU out: McDaniels, Nene, HOU 1st
HOU in: Shabazz, Young, MIN 2nd

Man I wasn't gonna get in, but that last trade is just awful for the wolves. If we turned Dunn (less than a year after making him the #5pick) and Shabazz, THEN add a random 2nd to bring in a nice player but non-star and an old vet PG when we already have two on the roster, then I will just assume Thibs hates this fanbase. LAL gets Nene, Dunn, and a first, and we get Nance (<Dunn) and Lou (=<Shabazz)? Yuck.
Turnover_21 wrote:So who do we get? Capspace? Is Capspace white?
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#18 » by SmokeyPaw » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:16 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:

There are 5 pgs in the Draft Express top 11 ... and 4 sfs. A sf would let wolves move wiggins to sg. I don't see the value in this trade for the wolves - Dunn has risk but he's also more likely to be an impact player than nance. Too early to give up on him.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,767

Post#19 » by HotelVitale » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Peezo wrote: Man I wasn't gonna get in, but that last trade is just awful for the wolves. If we turned Dunn (less than a year after making him the #5pick) and Shabazz, THEN add a random 2nd to bring in a nice player but non-star and an old vet PG when we already have two on the roster, then I will just assume Thibs hates this fanbase. LAL gets Nene, Dunn, and a first, and we get Nance (<Dunn) and Lou (=<Shabazz)? Yuck.

Quick homer check: Lou Williams is setting the world on fire this year, he's probably been one of the best 15 offensive players in the league. And most doubt that Shabazz could be a contributor to a good team soon; he's not terrible but it's not looking good overall, and he's due for a contract this year.

What's astoundingly laughable about that trade is that HOU would give up a 1st, Nene, and KJ for Shabazz and Nick Young. However homer-ish your suggestion was, this one is twenty times worse.
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#20 » by breatnach » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:40 pm

I like this for the Wolves. Dunn was only picked because BPA, but Rubio is the starter and Tyus seems to cover some of Rubio's weaknesses. Also Tyus is a hometown kid.

Return to Trades and Transactions