Should Boston trade BKN 1st Round Draft pick for Paul George or Jimmy Butler?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

villematic32
Junior
And1: 67

Should Boston trade BKN 1st Round Draft pick for Paul George or Jimmy Butler? 

Post#1 » by villematic32 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:25 pm

More so for Paul George due to Bulls saying Butler is off the market. Should they trade their top pick in a loaded draft for a sure thing? I feel that it's always a lil risky banking on a 19 year old to come and be the next big thing but I'm sure a lot of Boston fans feel this pick is sacred. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Re: Should Boston trade BKN 1st Round Draft pick for Paul George or Jimmy Butler? 

Post#2 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:28 pm

villematic32 wrote:More so for Paul George due to Bulls saying Butler is off the market. Should they trade their top pick in a loaded draft for a sure thing? I feel that it's always a lil risky banking on a 19 year old to come and be the next big thing but I'm sure a lot of Boston fans feel this pick is sacred. What do you guys think?

You get a proven all star vs. a project. Hell yes you do it.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,127

Re: Should Boston trade BKN 1st Round Draft pick for Paul George or Jimmy Butler? 

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:28 pm

If they get either of those players with only one Brooklyn pick, it's robbery IMO.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
villematic32
Junior

Post#4 » by villematic32 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
villematic32 wrote:More so for Paul George due to Bulls saying Butler is off the market. Should they trade their top pick in a loaded draft for a sure thing? I feel that it's always a lil risky banking on a 19 year old to come and be the next big thing but I'm sure a lot of Boston fans feel this pick is sacred. What do you guys think?

I agree but I feel a lot of Celtics fans will disagree and will prob be on the defense here shortly lol

Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#5 » by Mich3006 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Yes they should trade that pick. Even in a deep draft class it's not fixed they'll aquire an upcoming top10-15 player... they won't get anything better than George or Butler.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#6 » by RaptorsLife » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Yeah for Paul george no for jimmy Butler. I can tell you from first hand experience paul george is unstoppable on offense and defense in the playoffs. When he is motivated. Almost had his 7th seed pacers beat 2nd seed raptors by himself.

He been at war with Lebron twice in the ECF already too
Raptors til death
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#7 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:31 pm

villematic32 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

I agree but I feel a lot of Celtics fans will disagree and will prob be on the defense here shortly lol

Bring em on! :D
villematic32
Junior

Post#8 » by villematic32 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:32 pm

jbk1234 wrote:If they get either of those players with only one Brooklyn pick, it's robbery IMO.

There def would be fillers around the pick but that's what it would all boil down to. Celtics would try and make Finals now as Pacers rebuild.

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:38 pm

villematic32 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:If they get either of those players with only one Brooklyn pick, it's robbery IMO.

There def would be fillers around the pick but that's what it would all boil down to. Celtics would try and make Finals now as Pacers rebuild.

If I were the Pacers or Bulls, I'm not even having the conversation unless both picks are on the table. People act as though Boston is the only team that can put a good offer on the table. The Suns, Lakers & Philly can all put together rebuilding packages.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#10 » by MotownMadness » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Absolutely
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#11 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:41 pm

You trade one of them, a few players, and the other future picks(memphs/clippers) for Butler/George.
villematic32
Junior

Post#12 » by villematic32 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:47 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
villematic32 wrote:

If I were the Pacers or Bulls, I'm not even having the conversation unless both picks are on the table. People act as though Boston is the only team that can put a good offer on the table. The Suns, Lakers & Philly can all put together rebuilding packages.

They def could but no ones talking about it because it honestly wouldn't be as significant as Butler or George going to Boston. Either one going to the Boston makes them title contenders .

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:54 pm

villematic32 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
villematic32 wrote:There def would be fillers around the pick but that's what it would all boil down to. Celtics would try and make Finals now as Pacers rebuild.

They def could but no ones talking about it because it honestly wouldn't be as significant as Butler or George going to Boston. Either one going to the Boston makes them title contenders .

That's debatable but it's not the point. It's not the job of Chicago or Indy to help Boston contend. It their job to maximize the return for their team.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#14 » by Karmaloop » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Do they really have a choice?
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,011

Post#15 » by R-DAWG » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:56 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:

This is true. If 1 of those 3 picks becomes a comparable player to either George or Butler it's considered a success. There's a better chance of neither hitting that level than 2 hitting that level.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#16 » by Bentley1225 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:56 pm

The Pacers should ask for 2018 Brooklyn 1st, 2019 Memphis 1st, 2020 Boston 1st, Jae Crowder, Amir Johnson.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#17 » by Nolan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:59 pm

Yes they should. Their core isn't getting any younger and either one of those guys would turn them into legit contenders.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#18 » by FrontPageNews » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Without a doubt.
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#19 » by BleedGreen1989 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:03 pm

I mean, I don't think the question is "Would you trade the Brooklyn pick?".

The real conundrum is, what else is CHI/IND demanding?
villematic32
Junior

Post#20 » by villematic32 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:05 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
villematic32 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

That's debatable but it's not the point. It's not the job of Chicago or Indy to help Boston contend. It their job to maximize the return for their team.

That's obvious.

The statement was asking why no one talks about the pacers dealing with LA and PHI is because no one cares to talk about it besides their fan base. People want cleveland to be challenged and Boston is the closest team of they acquire any of those guys

Return to Trades and Transactions