Should Boston trade BKN 1st Round Draft pick for Paul George or Jimmy Butler?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,135

Re: RE: Re: Should Boston trade BKN 1st Round Draft pick for Paul George or Jimmy Butler? 

Post#81 » by jbk1234 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:58 am

T-d0t wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:I wouldn't. Bradley/Crowder are fine, and the team is winning at its core now. Lebronn won't be around forever. Pretty sick to have two cores, the one competing now, and a early 20s one with these picks/Brown/Rozier/Zizic

As a Cavs fan, I want them to hold onto those picks and not trade for Butler or PG. But it's the wrong move.

It's the wrong move because those guys on those rookie scale contracts won't be cheap for long and then there is a possibility that Celtics draft a player who isnt as good as Butler/George

Even their non-rookie scale guys like AB & IT are going to get paid after next season.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
bs_and_cs
Analyst
And1: 2,843

Re: Should Boston trade BKN 1st Round Draft pick for Paul George or Jimmy Butler? 

Post#82 » by bs_and_cs » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:27 am

Should they trade a BKN 1st for one of these guys? Yes.

Should they trade a BKN 1st, Crowder, Bradley, Brown, Smart and whatever else these teams are suggesting the cost will be? No.

If this was the offseason, I'd probably change my stance on that. But as constructed, you don't gut the team with the 2nd best record in the east.

I understand everyone on here thinks the Celtics are trash. That's fine. That's your opinion. But you don't blow your team mid-year to acquire 1 star who doesn't even make your team favorites to win the title. See Carmelo Anthony to NYK for pretty much everything the Knicks had and that Knicks team wasn't even that good. Hard pass.

But yes, if all it took was the Brooklyn 1st? No doubt about it.
dabbaby17
Ballboy
And1: 15

Re: Should Boston trade BKN 1st Round Draft pick for Paul George or Jimmy Butler? 

Post#83 » by dabbaby17 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:43 am

No. They've got a gold mine and they're contenders this year, but you don't have to do it. Take Markelle Fultz. Put him into their system. It will work its magic and he will progress into a solid role player in 1-2 years, with the team around him getting better as well, and in 1-2 years we won't be just having the basic expectation of Warriors vs Cavs

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
GotEm
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#84 » by GotEm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:50 am

I think so.

What are the chances that the best player in his prime from the 2017 draft will actually be better than Jimmy Butler/Paul George right now?

And what are the chances that the best player in the draft will be selected with the Nets pick? Not every draft's best player is selected with the #1 overall pick.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#85 » by sportscrazy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:18 am

Does either player compliment Carmelo Anthony well? If so, I would trade the '17 Nets pick for George or Butler then add 'Melo + O'Quinn if I could make both of those moves while keeping Bradley, the '18 Nets pick and at least one of Crowder or Brown in the process.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#86 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:31 am

For PG, both BRK picks.
For Butler, this year pick is fine.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#87 » by LloydFree » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:34 am

Regarding the OP's question:

Yes, Boston should be wiling to trade the Brooklyn pick for Butler or George. For Paul George they should be willing to trade the pick, plus some more.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Hadley
Junior
And1: 182

Post#88 » by Hadley » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm

villematic32 wrote:
Hadley wrote:Yes for PG13, but not for Butler!

Why not Butler? Just curious

Because Butler is not worth a Pick like that. PG13 is a Superstar while Butler is a borderline Allstar...
villematic32
Junior
And1: 67

Post#89 » by villematic32 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:47 am

Hadley wrote:
villematic32 wrote:

Because Butler is not worth a Pick like that. PG13 is a Superstar while Butler is a borderline Allstar...

im seeing this late but whoa youre tripping. I can respect you saying PG is better but you make it seem like a wide margin. Its very close. wish I would have seen this sooner!
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#90 » by dakomish23 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Plus Butler is on his deal longer.

BOS gets Butler on draft night if they don't land in the top 2 or in the summer of they don't land a big FA IMO
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
youOK
Pro Prospect
And1: 569

Post#91 » by youOK » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:25 am

Depending on where the pick lands there is a high chance that it will net them one of Butler/George. By not trading at the deadline they probably saved having to trade one of Crowder/Bradley/Smart. If it lands 3/4 they might have to throw one of them in still. 50/50 shot versus 100% shot.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#92 » by Repeat 3-peat » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:54 am

Hadley wrote:
villematic32 wrote:

Shamrock
Head Coach
And1: 5,076

Post#93 » by Shamrock » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:59 pm

This sucks..... Now we have to draft in the top 4 in a loaded draft. Ugh!

Return to Trades and Transactions