Raptors and Blazers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,405

Raptors and Blazers 

Post#1 » by Blazinaway » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:05 am

TOR looking for wing depth, maybe offering Sully and a pick?

Aminu for Sully and pick or Sully and Bebe?

Nigerian connection with Masai?

Blazers get a pick or another C prospect and expiring, Tor get a defensive stud who can play SF/PF and guard 3 positions
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Re: Raptors and Blazers 

Post#2 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:20 am

Blazinaway wrote:TOR looking for wing depth, maybe offering Sully and a pick?

What about

Joesph + #21 for Aminu/Harkless + #29

Adding nearly 8 million doing Aminu for a expiring is like adding 16 million after tax implications.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Blazinaway
General Manager

Post#3 » by Blazinaway » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:24 am

I am a little confused, Aminu and Harkless combined at 17-18 mil per for at least a few more years? whose tax are you worrying about? and POR won't trade both of them. Keep the deal simple
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#4 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:28 am

The Raptors need a rental because the starting 5 for Toronto next year could be around $105 million next season if they keep Ibaka. The Blazers dont have a expiring SF that the Raptors need.
Blazinaway
General Manager

Post#5 » by Blazinaway » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:31 am

Bentley1225 wrote:The Raptors need a rental because the starting 5 for Toronto next year could be around $105 million next season if they keep Ibaka. The Blazers dont have a expiring SF that the Raptors need.

Aminu with his contract is easily tradeable
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#6 » by dakomish23 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:06 am

Blazinaway wrote:TOR looking for wing depth, maybe offering Sully and a pick?

Blazers get a pick or another C prospect and expiring, Tor get a defensive stud who can play SF/PF and guard 3 positions

A guy like Aminu would be great with TOR. They should jump all over that if possible. Also makes Demare even more expendable.

Lowry
Derozan
Aminu
Ibaka
Val

Joseph
Powell
Patterson

That's a hell of an 8 man core
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#7 » by T-d0t » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:46 am

Sully and first - no but Sully and Bebe would probably make Masai think about it
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,719

Post#8 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:36 am

Sully & Bebe for Aminu is a done deal in my book.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,511

Post#9 » by S.W.A.N » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:48 am

Sully & Bebe or Sully and 2nd round pick....
We the North
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#10 » by DusterBuster » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:18 am

I'd want the first back for Aminu, not Bebe (whoever that is) or a 2nd. His defensive impact is worth a late 1st at minimum. Anyone who's watched him or had him on their team can attest to that fact.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
expatbayern
Senior
And1: 213

Post#11 » by expatbayern » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:34 am

DusterBuster wrote:I'd want the first back for Aminu, not Bebe (whoever that is) or a 2nd. His defensive impact is worth a late 1st at minimum. Anyone who's watched him or had him on their team can attest to that fact.

I actually like the idea of Bebe (Lucas Nogueira) on the Blazers--he's looked like a solid defensive center in limited minutes--slightly less of a need post-Nurkic move but I think they could still make a solid C rotation together.

But this would leave a serious void at PF for the Blazers. Vonleh (who would probably be the starting PF after this deal) has still shown almost nothing, Davis and Leonard are both better at C (where they'd be the #3 and #4 guys) and don't fit with Nurkic/Bebe, and the only other option would be to go super-small with Harkless or Turner at the 4. I can only see Aminu going out if there's a PF coming back or there's a corresponding move for one.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#12 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:43 am

expatbayern wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:I'd want the first back for Aminu, not Bebe (whoever that is) or a 2nd. His defensive impact is worth a late 1st at minimum. Anyone who's watched him or had him on their team can attest to that fact.

I actually like the idea of Bebe (Lucas Nogueira) on the Blazers--he's looked like a solid defensive center in limited minutes--slightly less of a need post-Nurkic move but I think they could still make a solid C rotation together.

But this would leave a serious void at PF for the Blazers. Vonleh (who would probably be the starting PF after this deal) has still shown almost nothing, Davis and Leonard are both better at C (where they'd be the #3 and #4 guys) and don't fit with Nurkic/Bebe, and the only other option would be to go super-small with Harkless or Turner at the 4. I can only see Aminu going out if there's a PF coming back or there's a corresponding move for one.

I'm not 100% sold... But I could bit on the trade. I think that with 3 first rounders in the draft, and some other assets still on the roster, Portland would have the firepower to upgrade the 4 still after the move.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#13 » by DusterBuster » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:46 am

expatbayern wrote:

I like a move that leaves the Blazers unquestionably worse for the rest of the season, and this trade does that, but I just don't see a long-term spot for Nogueira on the team, so this ends up basically just being giving away Aminu for free without getting back anything of long-term consequence. Something I'm not a fan of in any way shape or form.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll

Return to Trades and Transactions