Take my wife, Please!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Re: Take my wife, Please! 

Post#21 » by Soulyss » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:07 pm

while I don't agree with it, it sure feels like the T-Wolves feel this way about Rubio.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Post#22 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:37 pm

skones wrote:Teletovic.

I'd much rather move Henson personally, but Teletovic is frustrating because I think he could be a totally useful player if Kidd wasn't such a dolt.

Assuming Monroe opts out, lets do a Powell for Hawes/Teletovic deal..... I'd throw in Harris or Barea if you want them as opposed to the additional cap room.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#23 » by skones » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

I'd much rather move Henson personally, but Teletovic is frustrating because I think he could be a totally useful player if Kidd wasn't such a dolt.

Assuming Monroe opts out, lets do a Powell for Hawes/Teletovic deal..... I'd throw in Harris or Barea if you want them as opposed to the additional cap room.

Pretty sizable gap between cap space and Dwight Powell.......
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#24 » by Illmatic12 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Brandon Knight. And Suns would probably have to sweeten the deal with something
Texas Chuck

Post#25 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:57 pm

skones wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

I was talking about the cap savings between Teletovic/Hawes and Powell which is hardly nothing.

I'm certainly not offering to take Mirza/Spencer for free. Was rather trading my junk for yours while saving you some immediate cap. Maybe its a terrible offer, but it didn't feel that unreasonable to suggest at the time....
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Post#26 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:Brandon Knight. And Suns would probably have to sweeten the deal with something

Knight is a player I wouldn't be that angry about the Mavs just taking for free if we were unable to land a young player we really like in free agency.
skones
RealGM

Post#27 » by skones » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
skones wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

I was talking about the cap savings between Teletovic/Hawes and Powell which is hardly nothing.

I'm certainly not offering to take Mirza/Spencer for free. Was rather trading my junk for yours while saving you some immediate cap. Maybe its a terrible offer, but it didn't feel that unreasonable to suggest at the time....

Pretty terrible.

How exactly are you not "taking them for free?" You end up saving money in the long term. As I stated, Teletovic can absolutely be a useful player, Kidd is just a dolt. Nothing about Dwight Powell is useful at this point. That's why you're offering him up. I don't see the extra space due to Hawes being all that beneficial during this FA period. It feels like taking on an extra year of dead weight for the sake of clearing 6 million. I don't see it.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#28 » by NashtyNas » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:14 pm

I don't know if he counts as a "good" player, but in my books Brandon Knight fits this pretty well.
He might be the "best" player you can get for nothing (although our actual FO has adamantly said they will not trade him without "value" in return).

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,082

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Shump or Frye probably. But that's me. I think Griffen really likes Frye.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#30 » by loserX » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
jazzfan1971 wrote:I was wondering what the best players were in the league that could be had for nothing more than cap space.

From the Jazz I'm thinking Alec Burks probably fits this category. Who do you have on your team that it would be painful to let walk for cap space, but, you'd hold your nose and do it?

whats up with Burks? I always really liked him. shame he has had such an injury riddled career.

I hope it gets back on the rails for him and he gets a good run for his prime. he is not yet 26 yo.

If...*if*...the Jazz are able to re-sign both Hill and Hayward, our salaries are going to get tough to manage in a few years. If we also want to bring back Favors/Hood/Exum, someone is going to have to go.

The most obvious candidate is Burks, since he wouldn't start over Hill or Hood in the backcourt.

If either Hill or Hayward (or both :( ) don't re-sign, we will need Burks after all and he shouldn't be available for capspace.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#31 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:44 pm

Definitely Koufos at this point. I want to see WCS/Skal soak up 30+mpg each and Papa should be getting some minutes to. Koufos finally got benched last game so if that continues id probably rather him be a good locker room guy than get rid of him for free, but id do it so Joerger cant change his mind lol. Afflalo easily anyone can have him for free. Tyreke as well. Langston Galloway anyone?

Id give those 4 vets away for free in a heart beat. Good thing 2 expire this summer and hopefully Langston doesn't pick up his option.
skones
RealGM

Post#32 » by skones » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:06 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Definitely Koufos at this point. I want to see WCS/Skal soak up 30+mpg each and Papa should be getting some minutes to. Koufos finally got benched last game so if that continues id probably rather him be a good locker room guy than get rid of him for free, but id do it so Joerger cant change his mind lol. Afflalo easily anyone can have him for free. Tyreke as well. Langston Galloway anyone?

Id give those 4 vets away for free in a heart beat. Good thing 2 expire this summer and hopefully Langston doesn't pick up his option.

I'd gladly take Koufos.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#33 » by pacers33granger » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:17 pm

On Indy, it's probably only Stuckey if he opts in. Some might say Big Al or Monta, but I'd be shocked if Bird traded them just for cap space (alternatively I'd be shocked if a team took them just for cap space).

Return to Trades and Transactions