Mia/Det: More Miami trades

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Mia/Det: More Miami trades 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:30 am

Miami out: McRoberts, #14
Miami in: Tobias Harris, 2018 Det 2nd

Det out: Tobias Harris, 2018 Det 2nd
Det in: McRoberts, #14

Why:

I'm doing a series of Miami trades, and this is the next. Detroit's last season showed a team flawed, and possibly in need of a full blown blow up. So, let the dominoes start falling. Harris for an expiring contract and a mid 1st, is a great reset point, while Miami gets a guy that could be the perfect 4/3 in a retool win now type move.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Re: Mia/Det: More Miami trades 

Post#2 » by BBallFreak » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:36 am

I'd suggested this one in another thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1552573

I obviously love the idea as his acquisition would fill out biggest need while allowing us to retain Johnson and Waiters (assuming both are amenable) and possibly Reed with the MLE...
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,665

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:39 am

Yeah if Riley is serious about not going after a big time free agent, then this makes sense for them. Already makes a ton of sense for Detroit who should be open to deals involving anyone and everyone.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#4 » by BBallFreak » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:43 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Yeah if Riley is serious about not going after a big time free agent, then this makes sense for them. Already makes a ton of sense for Detroit who should be open to deals involving anyone and everyone.

I would be thrilled with Harris, personally. I love his game. I think he'd be a great fit in Miami and, given SVG's coaching heritage, he might have some ideas what to expect with the Heat.
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#5 » by leoshes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:12 am

Yes sign me up. Great trade.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#6 » by coordinator0 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:33 am

Harris is Detroit's best player. Sad, but true. Caldwell-Pope fell off a cliff the last couple of months as did Leuer. Drummond is not good and Jackson needs to be dumped ASAP. This would be really bad for them and definitely not the starting point of a rebuild. Get rid of the other trash first if a true rebuild is in order. If not they need to go anyways since Tobias would be one of the guys wanted to be kept around to semi-rebuild with.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#7 » by NashtyNas » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:25 am

There is almost no chance Detroit does that. Harris was their most consistent player last year and unless they're doing a full rebuild, he isn't going anywhere.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
caliban
NBA TnT Forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 3,231

Post#8 » by caliban » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:54 am

As much as I'd like this trade for the Heat, I don't think the pick is worth a dump and a somewhat flawed but steady rotation lvl player. Admittedly I've never really gotten the hang of how much a pick is worth in this league. I also voted Detroit as the team that should blow it up in that thread but are more of the opinion that their overall lack of team cohesiveness and fire starts with Jackson first and Drummond second.

I'd keep Pope and Harris and explore the trade market for everyone else in the near future.
20-21 apbrMetrics RMSE Team win projections winner. Three time RMSE runner up
RGM TnT board Team Win predictions winner
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#9 » by Pharaoh » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Why does Detroit accept this deal?

In isolation it's a foolish deal for us to make!

Would need to happen as part of a larger exodus that includes RJ, Dre & maybe even KCP

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,747

Post#10 » by theBigLip » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Not even close for Detroit. Harris is probably the best player on Detroit and also has a great attitude. Many, many others would need to be traded first if there is a rebuild going on. Also, I don't think draft picks outside the top 10 are worth much. These picks occasionally get a star, but most likely a role player, which you can always target in free agency.

Return to Trades and Transactions