Cousins

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

radtech
Senior
And1: 46

Cousins 

Post#1 » by radtech » Sat May 20, 2017 2:30 am

If the Celtics are lucky enough to get Hayward, is that enough? There seems to be no one who can even slowdown James on the C's, so why not go after Cousins and see if the C's can match him?

He's an offensive force that the Celtics may have to double team and the Cavs have only Thompson with size. Love offers little help on defense and Cousins will exploit his weakness.

What will it take in a trade with the Pelicans who only gave Hield and a single lottery pick of worth? Avery Bradley offers shooting the Pels need and want. Brown, a power wing is still developing and the first pick overall. The C's need to create their own big 3.

Down 40 plus at home in game 2 with the best record in the East, can make you do crazy things.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: Cousins 

Post#2 » by loserX » Sat May 20, 2017 5:13 am

New Orleans just got Cousins and intends to build around their "twin towers". They're not giving up after a third of a season.
Chino Athens
Junior
And1: 33

Post#3 » by Chino Athens » Mon May 22, 2017 11:22 pm

Avery Bradley,the Brooklyn 18 pick and Jaylen Brown.Propably Jerebko too for salary cap reasons.But Ainge won't even try it and he is right.IT and Cousins relationship is somewhat toxic and Cousins is always unpredictable no matter what.
tru6playa
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#4 » by tru6playa » Tue May 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Chino Athens wrote:Avery Bradley,the Brooklyn 18 pick and Jaylen Brown.Propably Jerebko too for salary cap reasons.But Ainge won't even try it and he is right.IT and Cousins relationship is somewhat toxic and Cousins is always unpredictable no matter what.

I guess you could say the Kings got minimal value for Cousins, and I would agree. However, I can't see Celtics giving this much value for DMC, when his value a few months ago was much lower.
bennith13 wrote:We are going to win. Sac can not compete with our offer our or owners or our arena plan. They just don't have their act together like we do at this point in time.

Supersonics41 wrote:This thing is over for Sacramento! Well they might get the return of the Monarch's.
Chino Athens
Junior
And1: 33

Post#5 » by Chino Athens » Tue May 23, 2017 11:29 pm

tru6playa wrote:
Chino Athens wrote:Avery Bradley,the Brooklyn 18 pick and Jaylen Brown.Propably Jerebko too for salary cap reasons.But Ainge won't even try it and he is right.IT and Cousins relationship is somewhat toxic and Cousins is always unpredictable no matter what.

I guess you could say the Kings got minimal value for Cousins, and I would agree. However, I can't see Celtics giving this much value for DMC, when his value a few months ago was much lower.

OK then,so what would be the right offer for the Pelicans to give up Cousins?
Cause they have no real motive to do this and the Kings had to take the best offered deal.My point being that perspective changes,thus changes the market.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#6 » by Cappy_Smurf » Wed May 24, 2017 5:03 am

This ship has sailed. I think the Celtics have their mind set that they are going to compete as much as possible without trading away the future to do so.

If I had to bet, I'd wager IT gets moved before they trade away a nets pick to compete now.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#7 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed May 24, 2017 12:01 pm

The only way this works is if Boogie announces that he doesn't plan on resigning there or that he wants out. If that happens that'll hurt his already lowered value due to his expiring contract and attitude. So in that case, I'd offer two of the LAC, Memphis, and Boston picks, Rozier or Smart, and expirings for him. I'd keep Brown and the BK picks.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.

Return to Trades and Transactions