Boston's Fun Summer

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Ricepilar
Head Coach
And1: 73

Boston's Fun Summer 

Post#1 » by Ricepilar » Sun May 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Boston trades #1, Jae Crowder, Tyler Zeller, Demetrius Jackson
For Paul George, Dario Saric, 2018 unprotected Lakers pick

Philly trades Saric, #3, Lakers pick
For #1, Jackson, Kevin Seraphin

Indy trades George and Seraphin
For Zeller, Crowder, #3

This is based on Simmons' Boston/Philly idea. My feeling is that if Boston is gonna trade down from 1 to 3, they might as well look to flip that #3 for a star player. George absolutely raises their ceiling.

They also start the offseason loaded with TWO lottery picks in the next draft for making another deal.

Indy makes peace with the George situation and grabs a great prospect at 3. They also could swing Crowder to another team for value if they wanted to.

Philly pays a steep price to get the best guy in the draft.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,807

Re: Boston's Fun Summer 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Does Philly think Fultz is a cant miss superstar and that there isn't another potential star in the draft? Okay then sure you pay a heavy price for that guy. Because that is a huge price.

Deal feels too good for Boston imo. And if I am Indy I'd look to cut Philly out even if it means no Jae Crowder.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Ricepilar
Head Coach
And1: 73

Post#3 » by Ricepilar » Sun May 21, 2017 3:07 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Does Philly think Fultz is a cant miss superstar and that there isn't another potential star in the draft? Okay then sure you pay a heavy price for that guy. Because that is a huge price.

Deal feels too good for Boston imo. And if I am Indy I'd look to cut Philly out even if it means no Jae Crowder.

Indy doesn't have the assets to cut Philly out unless they want to consider adding Turner. If I'm Boston I don't do Paul George for #1. I would consider George for a lower pick if the price for moving down from #1 is considerable.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#4 » by stitches » Sun May 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Ricepilar wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Does Philly think Fultz is a cant miss superstar and that there isn't another potential star in the draft? Okay then sure you pay a heavy price for that guy. Because that is a huge price.

Indy doesn't have the assets to cut Philly out unless they want to consider adding Turner. If I'm Boston I don't do Paul George for #1. I would consider George for a lower pick if the price for moving down from #1 is considerable.

Of course they do. They have the best piece in this trade.
Chuck-Cheese
Senior
And1: 230

Post#5 » by Chuck-Cheese » Sun May 21, 2017 3:41 pm

stitches wrote:
Ricepilar wrote:

Of course they do. They have the best piece in this trade.
not sure they do. George's contract situation makes this very risky for the team acquiring him.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#6 » by BullyKing » Sun May 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Pretty much this. Fultz would be a nice fit for Philly but not at the cost of 3, Lakers pick, and Saric. Don't remember Boston fans last year offering 3, 2017 BKN pick and Bradley last year for No. 1.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.

Return to Trades and Transactions