Value of #12, Harris, Morris

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,071

Value of #12, Harris, Morris 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Mon May 22, 2017 2:22 pm

If the Pistons wanted to reset the clock a bit, could either or both of those players move them up in the draft? Or get a young player or pick?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Value of #12, Harris, Morris 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Mon May 22, 2017 2:24 pm

I think the Knicks @ 8, Mavs @ 9, and Kings @ 10 would all be interested. I cant see teams higher than 7 (Wolves, Magic, Kings@5, Suns) being interested for various reasons.

I dont see either Tobias or Morris really moving the needle in terms of moving up in the draft though. Solid players and all but the late lotto has a lot more sketchy prospects than the early and mid lottery.
yanuary
Rookie
And1: 608

Post#3 » by yanuary » Mon May 22, 2017 2:28 pm

FNQ wrote:I think the Knicks @ 8, Mavs @ 9, and Kings @ 10 would all be interested. I cant see teams higher than 7 (Wolves, Magic, Kings@5, Suns) being interested for various reasons.

I dont see either Tobias or Morris really moving the needle in terms of moving up in the draft though. Solid players and all but the late lotto has a lot more sketchy prospects than the early and mid lottery.

Mavs have H.Barnes already, they really dont want any part of T.Harris.
Knicks - it depends on Melo situation
Kings probably could be interested (draft Anuoby with #12).

I think that it should be package with only one of Morris/Harris - many teams just dont want both of them, one of them is more attractive.
clyde21 wrote:sell high on Ingram, this is Zion's team now, there is no room for that black hole that is BI

clyde21 wrote:bench Ingram for NAW, already a better player
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Mon May 22, 2017 2:32 pm

yanuary wrote:
FNQ wrote:I think the Knicks @ 8, Mavs @ 9, and Kings @ 10 would all be interested. I cant see teams higher than 7 (Wolves, Magic, Kings@5, Suns) being interested for various reasons.

Mavs have H.Barnes already, they really dont want any part of T.Harris.
Knicks - it depends on Melo situation
Kings probably could be interested (draft Anuoby with #12).

I think that it should be package with only one of Morris/Harris - many teams just dont want both of them, one of them is more attractive.

Should have clarified that I was only picking one for either team. And I dont think Barnes precludes any interest in either Harris or Morris, because all 3 players can switch between SF/PF for stretches and that could give the Mavs a lot of mix and match options. But in their case, I'd wait to see who was there at 9 and have to not love anyone there before making the deal.

Knicks need talent, period. I dont think they should wait for the Melo saga to end before trying to find more talent to surround KP with.

Kings probably most viable with 10 for 12+Tobias. Gives them a scorer at SF to replace Gay
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#5 » by Pharaoh » Tue May 23, 2017 12:58 am

If the best Detroit can get for #12 & Tobias is #10 then that's not gonna happen.

Harris is on a cap & team friendly contract - moving up 2 spots isn't enough despite the cap relief

Morris is a bargain contract. With #12 attached Pistons would want something significant - again, #10 isn't going to cut it

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app

Return to Trades and Transactions