Butler to Suns

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Deal?

1-Call it in
10%
2-Fair, but wrong direction for Suns
25%
3-Fair, but wrong direction for Bulls
No votes
4-Unfair-deal favors Suns
30%
5-Unfair-deal favors Bulls
35%

Total votes: 20

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Butler to Suns 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Sat May 27, 2017 1:50 am

I really think the Suns could make a huge jump next year. I think they have 7 straight years in the lottery-I would assume the owner wants to win some games.

1. Butler and Rondo to Suns for Knight, Dudley, Bender, #4 pick (Jackson or Tatum) and 2018 Miami pick

2. With cap space, and Butler on board-Suns go after Blake, Ibaka or (best chance) Milsap

Suns buy out Rondo ($3 million, and stretch it) and can decide about Len

Bledsoe/?/Ulis
Booker/Butler
Butler/Warren
Milsap/Criss
Chandler/Len

That team wins a lot of games, with 4 very good defenders and 4 very good scorers in the starting lineup. Warren/Criss/Len is a great start to a bench.

Bulls go for the rebuild and tank out 2018
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,271

Re: Butler to Suns 

Post#2 » by brackdan70 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:13 am

seems like to much for Suns to give up. if they are wiling Chicago should jump all over that and reset.

Suns become solidly mediocre...with hopes of a FA...is it worth it?
Sign here
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#3 » by leo921 » Sat May 27, 2017 5:06 am

I would do the trade but i want Chriss not Bender I dont think he will do anything in the NBA, for comparison sake he is a much worse Niko, worse defense, no rebounds and can't take guys off the dribble just a outside open shooter
pipfan
RealGM

Post#4 » by pipfan » Sat May 27, 2017 5:10 am

I would love to get Criss and the #4, and call it a day.

I don't see this new Suns team as medicore-that team is solid at all positions, with a top 12 guy in Butler and a great young SG in Booker. Milsap is still a marginal All Star
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#5 » by NashtyNas » Sat May 27, 2017 6:41 am

That's a massive haul for Butler. Even still, I'd definitely be interested - I'd just need to get some FA's giving us the nod that they'd come to Arizona if Butler was on the squad. Without some sort of sign that we can actually improve the rest of the roster, it doesn't make much sense.

Also, no chance we do #4 + Chriss + MIA '18 because we really like Chriss already. You are selling Bender extremely short though because he's a very raw prospect so if you expected him to be rookie year Porzingis right away, of course you'll be disappointed. Bender is a piece that should be jugdged 2-3 years from now based on his delta between now and then - not based on his production last year where he barely saw the court and was certainly not ready for NBA action.

He came in to a new country with a new culture and language at the age of 18 as a project - I'm not sure what your expectations were but they seem quite out of line given the circumstances.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#6 » by RaptorsLife » Sat May 27, 2017 6:51 am

I know people be like these tank teams shouldn't trade for elite talent and mortgage future because it's not your beating the cavs or warriors

But collecting assets you gotta do something with it. Teams just try gonna overpay off sheets and pry them away

I love devin Booker and he has a amazing competivive and right amount of ego to want to elite but he needs to win games
Raptors til death
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#7 » by GimmeDat » Sat May 27, 2017 8:59 am

leo921 wrote:I would do the trade but i want Chriss not Bender I dont think he will do anything in the NBA, for comparison sake he is a much worse Niko, worse defense, no rebounds and can't take guys off the dribble just a outside open shooter

I'm assuming you haven't watched a lick of Dragan Bender, then.
DaleyBlind
Veteran
And1: 1,832

Post#8 » by DaleyBlind » Sat May 27, 2017 9:06 am

leo921 wrote:I would do the trade but i want Chriss not Bender I dont think he will do anything in the NBA, for comparison sake he is a much worse Niko, worse defense, no rebounds and can't take guys off the dribble just a outside open shooter

:nonono: Your wrong about Benders defense, one of the few things he looked good at this year when he got on the floor.
pipfan
RealGM

Post#9 » by pipfan » Sat May 27, 2017 1:40 pm

If it is Criss, the Miami pick comes out. I really think the Suns can get a PF and be a great team, once they gel.

Booker as first option
Butler as best player
Chandler as defensive anchor (with Len doing the same off the bench)
Milsap and Bledsoe are outstanding 3rd option players
Warren could be in the running for 6th man of the year
Criss still gets good minutes to develop

I would think Milsap could be had for 3/80
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,574

Post#10 » by shrink » Sat May 27, 2017 3:29 pm

What are the Suns going to do with two years of Jimmy Butler? They are built for the future and don't have vet players to compliment him. Their only question for the season is whether it goes 82 games or 86.

If the Cavs or Warriors aren't interested in Butler, BOS seems like the only team that might delude themselves into giving you the value of "the one star that gives us a chance at a ring!" However, the price stays lower because BOS has no one bidding against them at that level, and certainly not young lotto teams.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#11 » by Bentley1225 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Warren, Bender, #4, 2018 Miami 1st, 2019 Suns 1st (lottery protected) would be a starting point IMO for the Suns to inquire about Butler.
pipfan
RealGM

Post#12 » by pipfan » Sat May 27, 2017 7:24 pm

That's too much for Butler-no way he gets that haul

I think owners don't just think ring Bledsoe/Booker/Butler/Milsap/Chandler, with a good bench, could easily make the WCF
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#13 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Way too much for Suns to give up. If this made them a title contender then maybe the overpay would be worth it. But as is they are still barely a playoff team after this trade. Keep the assets and building towards the future is what I'd recommend
DaleyBlind
Veteran
And1: 1,832

Post#14 » by DaleyBlind » Sat May 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Warren, Bender, #4, 2018 Miami 1st, 2019 Suns 1st (lottery protected) would be a starting point IMO for the Suns to inquire about Butler.

Dreamin. Thats way too much of a haul. Thats 3 first round picks, a rookie top 5 pick and a young starter.
Monky15
Starter
And1: 692

Post#15 » by Monky15 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:34 pm

Drop Bender, Rondo, and one of Knight or Dudley from the deal and add Warren. Give the Bulls the option of Miami 2021 pick or best 1st the Suns have next year. Bulls take on less salary and Suns hang onto the better fitting prospect.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#16 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:57 pm

pipfan wrote:I really think the Suns could make a huge jump next year. I think they have 7 straight years in the lottery-I would assume the owner wants to win some games.

1. Butler and Rondo to Suns for Knight, Dudley, Bender, #4 pick (Jackson or Tatum) and 2018 Miami pick

2. With cap space, and Butler on board-Suns go after Blake, Ibaka or (best chance) Milsap

Suns buy out Rondo ($3 million, and stretch it) and can decide about Len

Bledsoe/?/Ulis
Booker/Butler
Butler/Warren
Milsap/Criss
Chandler/Len

That team wins a lot of games, with 4 very good defenders and 4 very good scorers in the starting lineup. Warren/Criss/Len is a great start to a bench.

Bulls go for the rebuild and tank out 2018

I think the deal makes sense in context. I voted call it in, but there are a few caveats. I think if Fox is there, the appeal of Fox/Booker being a tandem for the next 5 years is too appealing as they would fit well. Also Rondo is a team option I believe so I don't think he can be in the deal unless his option is picked up (or has it already?).

Millsap is a good fit there, if they are looking to "punch it in" then moving Bledsoe for more of a true point guard would suit them well, someone likely above a Rondo. Dragic :wink:
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
pipfan
RealGM

Post#17 » by pipfan » Sun May 28, 2017 12:53 am

I figure Bledsoe is the main ball handler, but Booker and Butler have the ball too. Should be enough spacing

I just can't see that this Suns lineup not winning 50 and making the second round. It's a ton of talent, and is balanced with vets, guys in their prime and young guys.

Rondo's deal can be dealt, then cut in July-I believe

Return to Trades and Transactions