What is Jabari Parker's value?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JoJoEmbiid
Senior
And1: 151

What is Jabari Parker's value? 

Post#1 » by JoJoEmbiid » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:17 pm

He's come up in some of the threads recently and I was wondering what his value is after 2 torn ACLs. He's looked like he was fully recovered from the first when he got back on the floor, but who knows about the second. Is he still the center piece of a trade for a star like PG13, or does his value go down with an extension coming up? Could he be had for a Robert Covington type player?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Re: What is Jabari Parker's value? 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:26 pm

JoJoEmbiid wrote:Could he be had for a Robert Covington type player?

No.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,804

Post#3 » by Colbinii » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:36 pm

JoJoEmbiid wrote:Is he still the center piece of a trade for a star like PG13
I think he could, but it really does not make any sense. Paul George is not going to stay living in a city in Milwaukee. I believe Indiana would prefer to get some sort of "known" value, even with less upside, than a player like Parker.

or does his value go down with an extension coming up? Could he be had for a Robert Covington type player?

Of course it is lower considering he is closer to an extension and can't stay healthy. I don't think Milwaukee moves him for a player like Covington unless they think they are a piece away from a title, which they aren't.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#4 » by Spens1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:52 pm

I think his value is good. If George indicated he would resign in Milwaukee then Jabari for George is the best package i could imagine anyone would offer.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#5 » by H2tObes » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:00 am

Lowest it's ever been, which is why the Bucks will likely just hang on to him and hope for the best.

I think his value right now is a key piece in a trade for a legit star if that makes any sense, I can't imagine his value is consistent around the league in a 1 for 1 swap
Mayhem
Senior
And1: 624

Post#6 » by Mayhem » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:03 am

H2tObes wrote:Lowest it's ever been, which is why the Bucks will likely just hang on to him and hope for the best.

I think his value right now is a key piece in a trade for a legit star if that makes any sense, I can't imagine his value is consistent around the league in a 1 for 1 swap

Even in a best case scenario where he goes off and kills it next season, how do you trust his health enough to give him a long term deal. It's a huge gamble and for that reason he has little value.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#7 » by City of Trees » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:06 am

I still like him even after the injuries. IMO he no longer has franchise player potential but he can be very good if the knees don't give out.

The Bucks have a lot of talent so hanging onto Parker isn't necessary. If I were them I'd listen to offers.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#8 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:08 am

H2tObes wrote:Lowest it's ever been, which is why the Bucks will likely just hang on to him and hope for the best.

I agree with your 1st sentiment that his value is at an all time low.

But seriously can someone please make me understand this logic? Jabari Parker is in his contract year AND has TWO torn ACL's. Him being a "key piece in a trade for a legit star" seems a bit farfected and quite ridiculous TBH.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,048

Post#9 » by wablty » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:10 am

This. He could be really, really good, but right now? Who knows. He's not built for a contender and anyone who wants him would need damage mitigation. He needs to prove health and ability again before he can be traded.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#10 » by H2tObes » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:11 am

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:

I agree with your 1st sentiment that his value is at an all time low.

But seriously can someone please make me understand this logic? Jabari Parker is in his contract year AND has TWO torn ACL's. Him being a "key piece in a trade for a legit star" seems a bit farfected and quite ridiculous TBH.

He's a lottery ticket, he would be packaged with 2 other significant pieces in my mind. His value is low for a few reasons as you mentioned, but he still could be a very good player at the end of the day

Return to Trades and Transactions