Blazers and Bucks shed salary with Bulls/Hornets

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Blazers and Bucks shed salary with Bulls/Hornets 

Post#1 » by LofJ » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:54 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6912150

Portland out Turner, Leonard, Aminu, Davis, 2018 1st
Portland in Monroe, Williams, Grant

The Blazers save a lot of money and open up enough cap space to extend Nurkic without getting deep into the tax.

Milwaukee out Monroe, Henson, Teletovic, Parker
Milwaukee in Wade, Lopez, Aminu

The Bucks use Parker to clean house and give them cap flexibility moving forward without having to take a step back or give up draft picks.

Chicago out Wade, Lopez, Grant
Chicago in Turner, Henson, Teletovic, Lamb, CHA 2018 1st, POR 2018 1st

The Bulls take on a lot of salary and are compensated with two draft picks.

Charlotte out Williams, Lamb, 2018 1st
Charlotte in Leonard, Davis, Parker

The Hornets gamble that Parker can return to the player he was prior to his ACL tear to give Kemba some badly needed offensive help; with MKG and Dwight/Zeller on board to help mitigate his defensive shortcomings.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Re: Blazers and Bucks shed salary with Bulls/Hornets 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:23 pm

This is pretty horrendous for the Bucks.

We end up saving $1,701,568 this year, which is basically nothing. We end up paying $237,389 more in guarantees next year so really the only thing we're using Parker for is getting rid of the last year of Henson's deal that comes in at $9,732,396.

The negligible amount of cap savings and having to wait until the 2019-20 season to see the benefit of almost all the cap savings makes this an immediate no.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#3 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:27 pm

trwi7 wrote:This is pretty horrendous for the Bucks.

We end up saving $1,701,568 this year, which is basically nothing. We end up paying $237,389 more in guarantees next year so really the only thing we're using Parker for is getting rid of the last year of Henson's deal that comes in at $9,732,396.

The negligible amount of cap savings and having to wait until the 2019-20 season to see the benefit of almost all the cap savings makes this an immediate no.

Doesn't this make them a better team tho?
Even if Wade is bought out (adding to the savings), Aminu and Lopez seem like they could help.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#4 » by trwi7 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:

Even if Wade is bought out (adding to the savings), Aminu and Lopez seem like they could help.

Lopez would help. Losing Monroe would hurt. I'm not exactly sure how Aminu would help. Regardless, we're not trading Parker for negligible cap savings and maybe improvement on the roster.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,164

Post#5 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:09 pm

LofJ wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6912150

Portland out Turner, Leonard, Aminu, Davis, 2018 1st
Portland in Monroe, Williams, Grant

The Blazers save a lot of money and open up enough cap space to extend Nurkic without getting deep into the tax.

Milwaukee out Monroe, Henson, Teletovic, Parker
Milwaukee in Wade, Lopez, Aminu

The Bucks use Parker to clean house and give them cap flexibility moving forward without having to take a step back or give up draft picks.

Chicago out Wade, Lopez, Grant
Chicago in Turner, Henson, Teletovic, Lamb, CHA 2018 1st, POR 2018 1st

The Bulls take on a lot of salary and are compensated with two draft picks.

Charlotte out Williams, Lamb, 2018 1st
Charlotte in Leonard, Davis, Parker

The Hornets gamble that Parker can return to the player he was prior to his ACL tear to give Kemba some badly needed offensive help; with MKG and Dwight/Zeller on board to help mitigate his defensive shortcomings.

Think you could get rid of the Aminu/Williams swap and send Marvin to Milwaukee (seems a similar fit to Aminu)? This would get Portland the rest of the way out of the tax and doesn't look like it would break the trade.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#6 » by HornetJail » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:28 am

I think this is too complicated. I would like to think there is a deal available that gets us Parker with Milwaukee and none of the other teams and their toxic contracts (mainly looking at Portland).

Maybe Parker+Teletovic+Henson for Marvin+Lamb+1st, with Henson going to a third team for a slightly less expensive scrub that doesn't play center coming back to Charlotte.

Then Milwaukee can do whatever they please with Marvin, Lamb, Monroe and/or their cap savings. Though I think Marvin would be an awesome fit in Milwaukee, being a tertiary defender with Giannis and Middleton there while stretching out the floor well at the 4.

For us, it's a pure gamble on Parker and his bad knees, but I think it's worth the risk. The only issue here is it might push us into luxury tax depending on who the mystery guy being traded for Henson is.

Is Marvin+Lamb+1st+salary dump an appetizing enough offer to entice Milwaukee in a Parker trade? That's the real question.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#7 » by skones » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:04 am

Trader_Joe wrote:

I HIGHLY doubt Lopez could replicate the impact Monroe made last season. Monroe had one of the more underrated seasons by any player in recent memory. The 15/16 stigmas hang over his head when they shouldn't.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#8 » by Fotis St » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:20 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
Is Marvin+Lamb+1st+salary dump an appetizing enough offer to entice Milwaukee in a Parker trade? That's the real question.

I think Bucks prefer to lose 1sts than Jabari. A healthy Jabari is an all-star. Either way Marvin doesn't do much for us. Zero interest in him.
If Bucks can get Wade, they won't flip Monroe for Lopez and Aminu, Bucks keep both Wade and Monroe in order to expire next summer.

So the previous Bucks poster is correct. Bucks Don't create enough cap space in fact it is too small to consider adding Parker to the deal.

Monroe/Wade are expiring 18/23 M
Teletovic and Aminu are 2 years
Henson is 3 years and Lopez is 2 years.
No Go from the Bucks. I wouldn't give up a 1st to do this, certainly not give up on Jabari, whatever he ends up.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#9 » by BadWolf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:39 pm

What if Lamb and 1st are switched for Monk?
Marvin, Monk and salary dump
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#10 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Big thumbs up from me for Chicago. I want to swim in draft picks like Scrooge Mcduck in a pile of coins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#11 » by skones » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:34 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:Big thumbs up from me for Chicago. I want to swim in draft picks like Scrooge Mcduck in a pile of coins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noodles imo

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#12 » by HornetJail » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:25 pm

BadWolf wrote:What if Lamb and 1st are switched for Monk?
Marvin, Monk and salary dump

then that's a definite no. I wouldn't trade Monk for Parker simply for the fact that Parker is a massive risk due for a monster contract in a year. Until we see what we have in Monk, I think most Charlotte fans would agree that Monk is the most untouchable player on the roster next to Kemba as of right now. I don't think many of us even dreamed he'd be available for us at our draft position.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Trades and Transactions