My peer pressure Kyrie deal to Orlando with Phoenix

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,778

My peer pressure Kyrie deal to Orlando with Phoenix 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:58 am

Cavs trade: Kyrie/Shumpert/Frye
Cavs get: Bledsoe/Fournier/Gordon

Magic trade: Fournier/Gordon/2018 1st (top 3, top 1, unprotected)
Magic get: Kyrie/Frye

Suns trade: Bledsoe
Suns get: Shumpert/2018 ORL 1st

Why for Cavs -- they decide they can't mend fences with Kyrie so they replace him pretty well with Bledsoe while adding another quality wing in Fournier to replace Shumpert and they get Gordon as long-term value piece who should be able to help some immediately.

Why for Suns? Get what should be a terrific pick for Bledsoe by taking back Shump which isn't remotely a big deal as he's cheaper than Bledsoe and they could actually use a wing who could defend somebody.

And mainly why for Orlando, the first team I thought of when this new broke, they need an identity, a star, a hope to build around. And Orlando is an attractive place for a guy like Kyrie to be the man while being able to recruit others to join him eventually. He and Isaac give them finally for the first time since Dwight left a real foundation to build on and not just guys they try and sell themselves on like Vuc or Gordon or Payton. Yeah their fans are going to freak that they are giving up Gordon and a lightly protected 1st along with Fournier, but its not an overpay. It's a franchise-changing move for them.

My alternate is to cut out Phoenix and have Cleveland take the pick and just sign Rose and hope for the best. But I think this is better for a team with Lebron.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,128

Re: My peer pressure Kyrie deal to Orlando with Phoenix 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:26 am

Fournier is a really bad fit on a team that has JR, Korver, Cedi Osman, and ostensibly has to worry about defending the Warriors in the Finals. I like the rest though.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#3 » by j-ragg » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:23 am

Would be happy with this. Would suck to lose Gordon but obviously Kyrie would bring some all-star talent we haven't had in a long time.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#4 » by Alonzo_Morning » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:46 am

Please stay in the East Kyrie (and LeBron)
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#5 » by FutureKnicksGM » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:32 am

jbk1234 wrote:Fournier is a really bad fit on a team that has JR, Korver, Cedi Osman, and ostensibly has to worry about defending the Warriors in the Finals. I like the rest though.

Wouldn't he be taking Shumps minutes, but hopefully not sucking so hard? OR would CAV's prefer Ross?
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#6 » by FutureKnicksGM » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:38 am

Any way good deal Chuck, i think PHX need to throw in another minor asset to get a pick with such minimal protection, say Warren who can get some buckets for CLE off the bench.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,128

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:39 am

FutureKnicksGM wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Fournier is a really bad fit on a team that has JR, Korver, Cedi Osman, and ostensibly has to worry about defending the Warriors in the Finals. I like the rest though.

Wouldn't he be taking Shumps minutes, but hopefully not sucking so hard? OR would CAV's prefer Ross?

Fournier would probably have to go to a third team. I'm not all that anxious to give up Shump either. Cavs have to come out of a Kyrie trade better defensively or there's not much hope of contending.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,778

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:58 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
FutureKnicksGM wrote:

Fournier would probably have to go to a third team. I'm not all that anxious to give up Shump either. Cavs have to come out of a Kyrie trade better defensively or there's not much hope of contending.

Bledsoe and Gordon probably add more defensively than the Fournier/Shump swap loses, right? They will play more minutes and the upgrade from Kyrie to Bledsoe can't be smaller than the downgrade from Shump to Evan?

Could certainly re-do the deal to take out both Shump and Fournier tho. I intended that swap to add value to Cleveland so if it doesn't I don't think Orlando minds keeping Fournier and I'm certain Phoenix doesn't care about not getting Shump as they are in this for the pick.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,066

Post#9 » by OrlMagic05 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:27 pm

I'd do this in a heartbeat! The Magic desperately need a star!
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#10 » by hcsilla » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Good deal.

I also have Orlando in my mind as a team that has the motivation to upgrade their PG with Bledsoe or Irving and at the same time would be probably ready to deal their 2018 1st rounder.

Makes sense for the Suns, I guess they would probably try to reduce the protection and/or switch Shumpert to Frye.

I was wondering if the upgrade of Bledsoe to Irving indeed is worth Fournier and Gordon or am I overrating one of them or maybe even both?
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#11 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:12 am

For a talent like Kyrie, all magic fans know we have to give to get. We know it would be 1 of Fournier/Ross + 1 of Gordon/Isaac + 1 or 2 picks.

I was looking forward to seeing Gordon & Isaac grow but for the return, no brainer from Orlando.

Kyrie/Payton
Ross/
Simmons/Mario
???/Isaac
Vuc/Biz
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,499

Post#12 » by GoBobs » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:47 am

how about

Cavs out: Irving, JR Smith, Shump, Frye
Cavs in: Bledsoe, Ross, Gordon, Biyombo

Magic out: Ross, Gordon, Biyombo, 1st
Magic in: Kyre, JR Smith

Suns out: Bledsoe
Suns in: Shump 1st
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#13 » by NashtyNas » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:52 am

I like the deal value wise for sure though I definitely question the fit. Gordon is going to play what - 18-20 minutes backing up Love every night? We know he's not anywhere close to being able to sustain prime time SF minutes, especially not against the Warriors.... so where does the most valuable piece fit for the Cavs? My answer is that he doesn't - which makes this a dead-on no for Cleveland.

The best piece that you get back is going to be a backup as long as Love is there and won't see the court very often... and will be due for a huge payday soon as well. Though the value might be there for everyone, the fit just isn't good enough.

Now if OKC is interested in swapping George for Love due to contractual reasons.... this would make a lot more sense.

CLE trades Irving, Love, Frye for George, Bledsoe, Dudley, Gordon
ORL trades Gordon, Ross, Augustin, '18 ORL 1st for Irving, Abrines (or Singler)
OKC trades George, Singler, Abrines for Love, Ross
PHX trades Bledsoe for Frye, Augustin, Singler (or Abrines), '18 ORL 1st

CLE left with:

Bledsoe/(Rose)
George/Smith
LeBron/Korver
Gordon/Dudley
Thompson/_____

ORL:

Irving/Payton
Fournier/Hezonja
Simmons/Singler
Isaac/Rudez
Vuc/Biyombo

OKC:

Westbrook/Felton
Roberson/Ross
Ross/McDermott
Love/Patterson
Adams/Kanter

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#14 » by hcsilla » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:59 am

NashtyNas wrote:CLE trades Irving, Love, Frye for George, Bledsoe, Dudley, Gordon

That's a painful twist for the Suns. Singler is dead weight and Augustin is not much more.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#15 » by NashtyNas » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:02 am

hcsilla wrote:
NashtyNas wrote:CLE trades Irving, Love, Frye for George, Bledsoe, Dudley, Gordon

That's a painful twist for the Suns. Singler is dead weight and Augustin is not much more.

I'm fully aware that both are deadweights, but I frankly thought Chuck was being too kind in his original proposal to our Suns.
I love Bledsoe and have been a proponent of keeping him due to what seems like a weak market, but I don't think there's any chance in hell he's worth a likely top 10 pick without any bad salary coming back. I'd happily eat Singler/Augustin if it meant we're getting ORL's '18 1st with no or minimal (ie. top 1-3) protection.

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#16 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 am

That's a whole lot of value coming out of Orlando, I would have my reservations about this trade.

BUT if the front office genuinely sees Isaac as our future 4 and can't envision Gordon/Isaac coexisting then this is a no brainer. I would try and be happy overall if those protections were a tad bit higher though.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#17 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:06 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Cavs trade: Kyrie/Shumpert/Frye
Cavs get: Bledsoe/Fournier/Gordon

Magic trade: Fournier/Gordon/2018 1st (top 3, top 1, unprotected)
Magic get: Kyrie/Frye

Suns trade: Bledsoe
Suns get: Shumpert/2018 ORL 1st

Why for Cavs -- they decide they can't mend fences with Kyrie so they replace him pretty well with Bledsoe while adding another quality wing in Fournier to replace Shumpert and they get Gordon as long-term value piece who should be able to help some immediately.

Why for Suns? Get what should be a terrific pick for Bledsoe by taking back Shump which isn't remotely a big deal as he's cheaper than Bledsoe and they could actually use a wing who could defend somebody.

And mainly why for Orlando, the first team I thought of when this new broke, they need an identity, a star, a hope to build around. And Orlando is an attractive place for a guy like Kyrie to be the man while being able to recruit others to join him eventually. He and Isaac give them finally for the first time since Dwight left a real foundation to build on and not just guys they try and sell themselves on like Vuc or Gordon or Payton. Yeah their fans are going to freak that they are giving up Gordon and a lightly protected 1st along with Fournier, but its not an overpay. It's a franchise-changing move for them.

My alternate is to cut out Phoenix and have Cleveland take the pick and just sign Rose and hope for the best. But I think this is better for a team with Lebron.

Orlando says yes
GatorbaitDD
Rookie
And1: 673

Post#18 » by GatorbaitDD » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:04 pm

All day for Orlando
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man
And1: 802

Post#19 » by GANGSTERDOG » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:11 pm

As a magic fan..... hell no

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#20 » by NashtyNas » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:13 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:That's a whole lot of value coming out of Orlando, I would have my reservations about this trade.

BUT if the front office genuinely sees Isaac as our future 4 and can't envision Gordon/Isaac coexisting then this is a no brainer. I would try and be happy overall if those protections were a tad bit higher though.

Isaac's spot up shooting especially from the corner is MONEY and he can guard anywhere from 1-4 (once he gets bulkier for NBA 4's) - so there is certainly potential for them to co-exist. I'm feeling like the Magic are ready to move on from Gordon though...If the Magic were committed to Gordon and willing to pay him next off-season, why would they draft what seems to be his replacement with a clear need to upgrade at the point?

I know a lot of Magic fans like Payton (and I can't see why!), maybe the FO feels the same way?

Return to Trades and Transactions