NYK/CLE/MIA

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

lowermerionfilms
Senior
And1: 13

NYK/CLE/MIA 

Post#1 » by lowermerionfilms » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:36 am

New York Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Ben Wallace
Eric Snow
Damon Jones
Mark Blount
Daequan Cook
MIA 2010 1st round pick (lottery protected)
Outgoing Players
Zach Randolph
Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford
Renaldo Balkman
David Lee

Cleveland Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Zach Randolph
Jamal Crawford
Renaldo Balkman
Outgoing Players
Ben Wallace
Eric Snow
Damon Jones

Miami Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Eddy Curry
David Lee
Outgoing Players
Mark Blount
Daequan Cook
2010 1st Round Pick (lottery protected)

WHY FOR NYK?
Solves all cap problems by 2010, the stated goal of the franchise.

WHY FOR CLE?
They're not looking to open up cap space. They need talent now. In exchange for Wallace, mildly productive and getting worse, and Snow and Jones (already worthless), the Cavs get a 20/10 guy in Randolph, a slashing scorer in Crawford, and a young defender in Balkman. All three are good enough to make their 10 man rotation look like this

C/PF - Ilgauskas, Randolph, Varejo, Joe Smith
SF - LeBron, Szerbiak, Balkman
SG/PG - Gibson, Crawford, Pavlovic, West

That team competes for the Eastern title without question.

WHY FOR MIA?
Another team that is foolish to look for cap space when they can win right now. Here's their roster after the trade:

C/PF - Beasley, Curry, Lee, Haslem, Mourning
SF - Marion, Wright
SGPG - Wade, Davis, Banks

This group offers them multiple ways to upgrade at PG (by trading any combination of Lee, Haslem, Wright, Banks or even Beasley). I think there's as much talent in this group as any roster in the league. Most of the players are in their athletic prime. Good balance of offense and defense.
dizzy631
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Re: NYK/CLE/MIA 

Post#2 » by dizzy631 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:56 am

I just threw up in my mouth. Knicks suck but jesus you traded are starting 5 for nothing but CAP room. Not one player will help in any other facet of the game. Why would Lebron want to come here after we got all the bench players from cleveland and miami. Well get under the cap but this just looks awful from a NYK perspective.
www.davezthemc.bandcamp.com

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM5Ur-s0iaA&feature=plcp&context=C33efa48UDOEgsToPDskIxuv8Gw5096omaM1kCfI15[/youtube]
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#3 » by bcortell » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:04 am

Would not do it from a Cle stand point. Zbo and Crawford are not winners. And balkman is not incentive enough to take on either one of them.

I also don't see MIA doing it.. if you have read past threads you would see they are at most 50/50 for a blount/curry swap.. if you say they take that it's cook and a first for lee and while that may not be terrible value THEY HAVE POWER FORWARDS. Marion, Beasley, and Haslem can all play pf.. i see them wanting to fill other needs much more badly than this.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#4 » by BBallFreak » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:20 am

bcortell wrote:I also don't see MIA doing it.. if you have read past threads you would see they are at most 50/50 for a blount/curry swap.. if you say they take that it's cook and a first for lee and while that may not be terrible value THEY HAVE POWER FORWARDS. Marion, Beasley, and Haslem can all play pf.. i see them wanting to fill other needs much more badly than this.

Very well put.

Return to Trades and Transactions