Best offers for Tinsley

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Re: Best offers for Tinsley 

Post#41 » by CableKC » Sat Aug 2, 2008 12:15 am

greenway84 wrote:I never said it had to include all three. And I never once mentioned Foster or Rasho I don't want to trade them. All im saying is I think he will be traded but i dont think it will be just him but i dont think bird will move anyone else besides daniels AND/OR shawne

Again.....I'm just trying to cite examples where we run the gambit of likely scenarios that would include any combination of Shawne/Marquis/Rasho/Foster with Tinsley so that you can see the likely cost of moving Tinsley.

My guess now is that teams are asking for either Rasho or ( more then likely ) Foster or ( regardless of who we offer ) we are counter-offered with players that send back more Salary and Guaranteed $$$ then we are sending out.

Regarding Bird not moving anyone else other then Marquis and/or Shawne with Tinsley.....don't you think that if a trade scenario like that would have garnered any interest by any team that it would have happened by now?

The truth is that I would like to believe that Marquis+Shawne would be enough to move Tinsley.......but I doubt that there are any takers since all 3 have had off-court issues....something that ALL teams are taking into consideration now.

IMHO...the bottomline is that I'm not going to move Tinsley AT ANY COST.....I am looking to move Tinsley as long as the players that we get back does not significnatly mess up our ability to make moves in the future. If the cost to move Tinsley is too much ( as in getting back huge contracts that are worse then Tinsley's, losing Foster or a combination of both ), then I would much rather buy Tinsley out.

I'm with count55 on this...I simply don't believe that we will trade Tinsley....only because I think that it is near impossible to move him...and think that he will be bought out by September.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#42 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 2, 2008 1:39 am

Asianiac_24 wrote:Luke Walton + filler for Tinsley and 2nd round pick?

Actually, no. I'd rather buy out Tinsley rather than take on 2 extra years for a guy that would be buried so far on the bench here it's unthinkable.

nba_addict wrote:Tinsley/Williams/Murphy for Kenyon Martin?

Denver needs a PG and a F/C who can space the floor.

I'd do it in a second. Moving Murphy in the deal as well is what makes it possible. While I think Murphy would fit perfectly in O'Brien's offense as the PF, I think Martin would be interesting to see next to Granger as well.

ChrisTheFuturePaul wrote:Tamaal Tinsley for Mike James & future 2nd rounder, saves u guys 6mil :)

Sure. Absolutely. In fact, that's too good for us. We should probably be giving you the 2nd rounder, though I'd gladly take the free 2nd rounder from you :wink:.

nba_addict wrote:Tinsley for Scalabrine?

That'd require fillers from Boston, but I'd gladly do it.

RonaldArtest wrote:After Sept 9th

IND trades - Jamaal Tinsley, Rasho Nesterovic, Shawne Williams, future 2nd

SAC trades - Kenny Thomas, Mikki Moore, Quincy Douby

Shorten it to just Tinsley for Thomas, and I'll gladly do it. The rest really holds no other value for either Sacramento or Indy. If you want a future 2nd to do a Tinsley for Thomas deal, I'd do it. We'd probably have to include Josh McRoberts to make it work financially, but I'd do it. It'd save Sacramento $1.1 million this year and $1.5 million the following year before Tinsley's last year would kick in, but he'll probably end up platooning as your starting PG with Beno. Douby just isn't necessary in Indy, and it just seems that Rasho is more useful here, while Mikki would be more useful there in Sacramento. If you want Shawne with Tinsley instead of Josh McRoberts, we could just take out the 2nd rounder, or at most make Sacramento send Indy a future 2nd rounder. That wouldn't be an issue.

pardon_my_interruption wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Done. In a second. No take backs.

Seriously. I'll trade Tinsley for most anybody/anything by himself. Marcus Banks? Sure. Jared Jeffries? Yup. Jerome James? Yup. Dan Gadzuric. Hells yeah. Vlad Radmanovic? Ouch, but heck yeah. Kenny Thomas? Bring him on.
I like Jared Jeffries in Memphis. We need depth at the 3.

We would offer Jaric to the Knicks but if they want Tinsley would the Pacers have any interest in Marko Jaric as the backup to Marquis?

A three way.

Jaric to Indy
Jeffries to Memphis
Tinsley to NY

I'd rather just cut out Memphis and take on Jared Jeffries than take on Jaric. We already have Ford, Jack, Diener, Rush, Dunleavy, Granger, Williams, Daniels, and Graham at the spots that Jaric would play. There's more need for Jeffries at the 3 backing up Granger when Shawne is moved than there is for Jaric.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#43 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Aug 2, 2008 9:15 am

shrink wrote:
I think you're not listening to what people have been saying. Its about more than just needing a PG.

1. The team has to not mind adding more salary for 2010-2011. I don't know about Dallas (since they'll be getting out from Jason Kidd's $20 mil contract), but you should be very aware that MIA, MIN and CLE are all trying to have cap room for the 2010 free agent season, and I agree with the posters from MIA .. teams aren't going to mess up those plans to take a chance on Jamaal Tinsley.

2. Tinsley's injury history is an issue as well. Even if a team needed a PG and didn't care about the money, do they need a RELIABLE point guard?

3. I would think that a team would need to be heading for the play-offs. If not, why take on the financial, character, and injury risk? Sign a free agent, get through the season, and start in the Summer.

4. Finally, as I pointed out for MIN, some teams are simply not going to take on a headcase like Tinsley.

When you go through all those winnowing processes, there aren't many teams that are going to trade for Tinsley. Its about more than needing a PG.

i know exactly what's going on around the league, teams think the pacers are gonna buyout Tinsley. Sorry but that isn't happening. They would take him on at vet min. But the salary and injury history is getting in the way. What i'm saying is simple someone at some point is gonna get hard up for a pg. And when it happens and jt is healthy in december this yr or jan 09 those teams will look around and say well we could get Tinsley for about nothing. Sacto, Dallas, minny and others may or may not be looking for a guy who can play point. Is Dallas gonna resign kidd? if not Tinsley would be a low cost option, pending his passing a physical and with only 3 season remaining 2 after this one would not be a long term committment for a team that seems to pay out billions rather than millions.

in addition this 2010 cap space issue is getting old, WTF is gonna happen in 2010? lebron is gonna resign with the Cavs for the max, or move to the nets. Wade is gonna resign with the heat, and Bosh is gonna most likely resign with the Raps. Every team has 4 or 5 posters raving about 2010 cap space, i say bovine scatology! Miami fans think the diff between banks and Tinsley will matter to their 2010 cap, BS! There are gonna be a lot of people crying and complaining in 2010 because nothing happened for their team. Most people better start looking at tier 2 Free Agents and thinking about a plan B. :D
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,604

Post#44 » by shrink » Sat Aug 2, 2008 12:50 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote: Sacto, Dallas, minny and others may or may not be looking for a guy who can play point.

You continue to ignore the other hurdles a team has to clear in order to have interest in Tinsley.

I can say with almost certainty that you need to stop including MIN. The Timberwolves are perhaps as sensitive to character risks as the Pacers, and moreover, they have made more trades in the last year then any team to remove bad attitudes and create cap space.

I think when you look at all the criteria a team needs to meet (not just "they need a PG"), you eliminate virtually every team, and they'll look for other players besides Tinsley.

basketballwacko2 wrote: in addition this 2010 cap space issue is getting old, WTF is gonna happen in 2010? ... There are gonna be a lot of people crying and complaining in 2010 because nothing happened for their team.

Since so many teams are setting up their contracts so they expire in 2010, that means there will be a giant pool of free agents to choose from. Signing a free agent is appealing because a team doesn't have to add the value that they would in a trade. Its about more than just LeBron, Wade, Carmelo and Bosh.
greenway84
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#45 » by greenway84 » Sat Aug 2, 2008 1:29 pm

Shorten it to just Tinsley for Thomas, and I'll gladly do it. The rest really holds no other value for either Sacramento or Indy. If you want a future 2nd to do a Tinsley for Thomas deal, I'd do it. We'd probably have to include Josh McRoberts to make it work financially, but I'd do it. It'd save Sacramento $1.1 million this year and $1.5 million the following year before Tinsley's last year would kick in, but he'll probably end up platooning as your starting PG with Beno. Douby just isn't necessary in Indy, and it just seems that Rasho is more useful here, while Mikki would be more useful there in Sacramento. If you want Shawne with Tinsley instead of Josh McRoberts, we could just take out the 2nd rounder, or at most make Sacramento send Indy a future 2nd rounder. That wouldn't be an issue.

Could deal either way. I like it. Mostly because it's simple and doesnt envolve 10 players. I would prefer to send out the 2nd and McBob. That way we can trade Shawne for a pick by the trade deadline.

in addition this 2010 cap space issue is getting old, WTF is gonna happen in 2010? lebron is gonna resign with the Cavs for the max, or move to the nets. Wade is gonna resign with the heat, and Bosh is gonna most likely resign with the Raps. Every team has 4 or 5 posters raving about 2010 cap space, i say bovine scatology! Miami fans think the diff between banks and Tinsley will matter to their 2010 cap, BS! There are gonna be a lot of people crying and complaining in 2010 because nothing happened for their team. Most people better start looking at tier 2 Free Agents and thinking about a plan B.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
YES! THANK YOU! FINALLY!
shrink
RealGM

Post#46 » by shrink » Sat Aug 2, 2008 1:38 pm

greenway84 wrote: YES! THANK YOU! FINALLY!

I suggest you both count how many players have contracts that expire in the Summer of 2010.

http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/r ... laries.htm
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#47 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Aug 2, 2008 1:47 pm

ok so no players are gonna sign multi yr deals next yr? Really this whole 2010 thing is being over played and it's getting old. of the players all these guys think they're gonna get maybe 2 will move. it's just like several yrs ago when Tim Duncan and Kidd and this one and that one were gonna be FAs every team was saying they were gonna get Duncan or Kidd both of them stayed where they were.
shrink
RealGM

Post#48 » by shrink » Sat Aug 2, 2008 1:57 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:ok so no players are gonna sign multi yr deals next yr? Really this whole 2010 thing is being over played and it's getting old. of the players all these guys think they're gonna get maybe 2 will move.

What are you -- five years old? Nobody said that!

Give me your count, and then we can have a rational discussion. Repeating myself to someone who doesn't listen or put in the effort to learn is not worth it.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#49 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Aug 2, 2008 2:22 pm

irrelevant as they`re all going to sign 10 million euro a year contracts which translates to over 11 billion tax free american dollars. Plus the euro teams set them up with a swanky pad complete with complimentary Moroccan hashish dealers outside the front door.
greenway84
Bench Warmer

Post#50 » by greenway84 » Sat Aug 2, 2008 3:35 pm

honestly the whole overseas thing is a big issue now. miami, new jersey, new york, not even memphis can outbid some of those overseas teams so it wont matter if thats the case. i sure hope it isnt though.
greenway84
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by greenway84 » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:03 pm

also i think NJ could very easily make a young potential playoff team without James, wade, bosh, or whoever else. They are looking a lot like the Blazers of the east. I mean look at all the young talent they have and cap space, and future picks. they still have a huge contract in Carter the could trade to a contender for more cap space, more young prospects, and picks. I know making a trade with INdiana doesn't do that. Im just saying they are in a good position.

Return to Trades and Transactions