If You Only Look at One Deal Today...: MIA-NOH-CHA-LAL

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Re: If You Only Look at One Deal Today...: MIA-NOH-CHA-LAL 

Post#21 » by spectre_ » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:23 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
spectre_ wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:I just can't agree with Sledge at all. You think Felton would block a trade for West? Come on, dude.

Well, it's Felts AND Crash...leaving with us with one rookie PG (who IMO isn't ready) and a choice between Ammo (blech!) or Dudley as our starting SF. This trade would leave us a lot weaker this year.

I'd still consider it though, because as has been said West is the best player in the deal.

After watching DJ for the past two years (Big XII fan here), I can tell you he's ready. More ready than I thought Ford or Hinrich were going to be when they stepped into the league, ready to lead a team into the playoffs.

Also, if you check out my depth chart, I have Morris Peterson listed as the starter. That's one of the things I think CHA fans are missing about this deal. Yes, AMMO and Dudley are ready to step in and fill SF minutes, but Mo Pete would probably end up the starter. He was a full-time starter for the Hornets last year, and is two years removed from a really good season back in Toronto. I think a new opportunity, plus a coach like Brown who would utilize his strengths, would do him some good.

After watching approx. 12 games from this year and SL I don't think he is ready...but I don't want to turn this into a DJ debate as I'm happy to have the DEPTH at PG.

Mo Pete? I did miss him on your depth charte...but man, he's an "eh" for me; IMO a fringe starter. I watched him in Toronto for the last few years and I saw him (not quite so much) with NOLA so I know his game.

It ain't bad ecuhus. If our "brain trust" (LOL!) felt that West was worth the step backward at the other positions I wouldn't complain that much. Just not a no brainer for me.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Re: If You Only Look at One Deal Today...: MIA-NOH-CHA-LAL 

Post#22 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:37 pm

^

Understandable. I just think that having a frontcourt duo of West-Okafor would put you in seriously elite company. The Bobcats have mroe than enough options on the wings to absorb the loss of Crash, and we'll just have to agree to disagree about DJ (and Weaver as his backup).

(BTW, yes, he was TO-prone in the absence of quality teammates, but DJ had a very good summer league.)
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Trades and Transactions