One Last Time Tinsley to MIA

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Re: One Last Time Tinsley to MIA 

Post#61 » by farzi » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:50 pm

It would really suck if Miami turns down upgrades, then doesn't land any FA's.

Talking like its a forgone conclusion that you'll land anyone gets obnoxious.
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
Zo
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Re: One Last Time Tinsley to MIA 

Post#62 » by Zo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:48 am

farzi wrote:It would really suck if Miami turns down upgrades, then doesn't land any FA's.

Talking like its a forgone conclusion that you'll land anyone gets obnoxious.

what would you have us do??? Say we are not getting anybody and trade for Zach Randolph???

It's not a forgone conclusion that we get anybody... but we sure as hell are going to put ourselves in a situation where we can get one bi guy or two...

Give me Hinrich and I would make a deal immediately... Tinsley is not enough of an upgrade and a fit to the HEAT to jeopardize our 2010 cap imho...

The way I see it, the difference btw Tinsley and Banks is not so much that we'll have $2.8mm less 2010 cap space... It's that Banks's contract will be easier to unload than Tinsley's... A $4.8mm contract (Banks') will probably require a first round pick and $3mm cash. Two first round picks and $3mm cash would not be enough to get rid of $7.8mm and Tinsley's issues.

As for the trade with Indy, the only way I see it working would be Banks and Blount for Tinsley and Rasho with filler involved on both sides. Personally, I would not do it... But the way Bird is acting and the way Miami's off-season has gone so far, there might be fire under the smoke.

Return to Trades and Transactions