Knicks/Memphis trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Itzmotto
Sophomore
And1: 13

Knicks/Memphis trade 

Post#1 » by Itzmotto » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:19 pm

Knicks trade
Zach Randolph
Malik Rose
Mardy Collins

Memphis trades
Darko Milicic
Javaris Crittenton
Marco Jaric
Future first round Pick top 10 protected

What ya'll think? Works under checker i just threw in the first round pick just because
http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Knicks/Memphis trade 

Post#2 » by #1knickfan » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:32 pm

I think Crittenton should be kept out of the deal. The Knicks don't really need him and the Grizzlies can probably get real value for him.

Secondly, Randolph is not the kind of player or contract Memphis is likely to trade for so the idea is flawed from the beginning.
Itzmotto
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#3 » by Itzmotto » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:55 pm

why would you say the knicks don't need him he's a young big pg that nobody really seen his game and we all know the knicks are either gone cut steph or let him play out his last year and get cap relief that leaves nate and duhon which was only sign for 2 years. i think nate and crittenton could be a good pf rotation if the kid has some game.I don'tthink duhon was in the knicks long terms plan ya feel me.

The only reason i put this trade up because there was a report of a zach for darko straight up on the knicks forum coming from a memphis beat writer
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#4 » by VintaGe36 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 7:06 pm

MEM won't take on Randolph. This is the same team that traded Gasol to save money. They are MUCH better of NOT doing this deal, as at least Darko can play C and D up from the position. and, THEY give up a 1st? Yeah safe to say MEM Declines pretty fast.
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#5 » by #1knickfan » Sat Aug 9, 2008 10:27 pm

Itzmotto wrote:why would you say the knicks don't need him he's a young big pg that nobody really seen his game and we all know the knicks are either gone cut steph or let him play out his last year and get cap relief that leaves nate and duhon which was only sign for 2 years. i think nate and crittenton could be a good pf rotation if the kid has some game.I don'tthink duhon was in the knicks long terms plan ya feel me.

The only reason i put this trade up because there was a report of a zach for darko straight up on the knicks forum coming from a memphis beat writer

Everything I have heard from Laker and Grizzlies fans tell me that Crittendon is a combo guard and not a point guard.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#6 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 10:33 pm

Itzmotto wrote:Knicks trade
Zach Randolph
Malik Rose
Mardy Collins

Memphis trades
Darko Milicic
Javaris Crittenton
Marco Jaric
Future first round Pick top 10 protected

What ya'll think? Works under checker i just threw in the first round pick just because
http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh my freaking god! :lol:
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#7 » by old rem » Sat Aug 9, 2008 10:35 pm

VintaGe36 wrote:MEM won't take on Randolph. This is the same team that traded Gasol to save money. They are MUCH better of NOT doing this deal, as at least Darko can play C and D up from the position. and, THEY give up a 1st? Yeah safe to say MEM Declines pretty fast.

This has little hope WITHOUT a pick. it will be VERY hard to make the top 10 in the West when you are starting fom last place,so the Griz are gonna pay off Rose...$9 mill for nothing..then eat Zach's deal which escalates into the nightmare zone? Crit..Collins are close IMO...but Crit has more market value for now. I'd say Darko+Jaric are also overpaid but neither is gonna turn into a $17 mill hit.
CENSORED... No comment.
SiCk-R-tHaNeVeR
Junior
And1: 1

Post#8 » by SiCk-R-tHaNeVeR » Sat Aug 9, 2008 10:36 pm

#1knickfan wrote:
Itzmotto wrote:why would you say the knicks don't need him he's a young big pg that nobody really seen his game and we all know the knicks are either gone cut steph or let him play out his last year and get cap relief that leaves nate and duhon which was only sign for 2 years. i think nate and crittenton could be a good pf rotation if the kid has some game.I don'tthink duhon was in the knicks long terms plan ya feel me.

Everything I have heard from Laker and Grizzlies fans tell me that Crittendon is a combo guard and not a point guard.

Yup Crit Dog isn't a pure PG, although he has little time logged at the position.

As for your trade, well it's a bit absurd. Even if MEM was to take on Randolf's contract there is like a 0 percent chance they throw in Crit and a potentially high #1...and I mean like 0!

NYK, gotta hop on it if they could get Darko and a huge trade exception...not ask for more salary dump, players, and picks.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#9 » by old rem » Sat Aug 9, 2008 10:39 pm

Randolph + Nate Robinson for Darko-Jaric-Crit? That's at least getting closer.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Trades and Transactions