NJN, GSW and MEM

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: NJN, GSW and MEM 

Post#21 » by old rem » Tue Sep 9, 2008 9:41 am

And .....on the GSW board there's a tendency to see extremes and not shades of gray. Monta's exact condition? Even were I a doctor..haven't seen it. Projections are..so far...he may miss half the season.
GSW has some options,and may not pay for the time he misses,or may fine him that sum, but until he's able to play---or certainly CAN'T...no way does GSW just void and make him a UFA.

Some folks hit the panic button prematurely out of frustration.
CENSORED... No comment.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#22 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Sep 9, 2008 10:56 am

Close but no cigar from memphis, with either Lowry or Crit included. I think Harrington is, given his contract, a mild negative for anything other than a contending team, I view Ager as filler and would love to get Williams, but overall it's not quite enough to get me over the line. I'd do it if the first went our way, or if Darko disappoints again at the start of the season, but then I guess the other loose interest.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#23 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Sep 9, 2008 1:58 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:Close but no cigar from memphis, with either Lowry or Crit included. I think Harrington is, given his contract, a mild negative for anything other than a contending team, I view Ager as filler and would love to get Williams, but overall it's not quite enough to get me over the line. I'd do it if the first went our way, or if Darko disappoints again at the start of the season, but then I guess the other loose interest.

Harrington's contract is a negative? I mean, he's paid well, but is still a 2010 expiring, and could be very productive in Memphis. The proposed Zach rumors must have you on suicide watch, with his bloated deal.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#24 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Sep 9, 2008 2:08 pm

Also, 510Reggae seems willing to send you the future NJN 1st. Would that push this deal over the hump for you, PD?

There are a few other versions of this deal that could work as well:

One without S-Jax, Lowry to NJ - GSW 1st returned, MEM gets a future NJN 1st

Same, but Lowry to GS (arghhh!) - GSW 1st returned, but no future 1st from NJN to MEM
-- Steve Martin
old rem
RealGM

Post#25 » by old rem » Tue Sep 9, 2008 5:38 pm

510Reggae wrote::love: this deal for the W's... expirings, 1sts, 2 decent young players, and we get rid of CJ Disaster... I couldn't envision a better scenario for us.

I'd give the NJN future 1st to MEM... that might help them out.. still great for us.

I'd consider sending the returned future GSW pick rather than the NJ pick,though I'm not sure of the terms on the NJ pick. The GSW pick in question is 2011 with lotto protect,and I think less protect in 2012. I assume the NJ pick is sooner and higher and is really the main payoff for GSW. Otherwise GSW is giving starters and loading up on bench,though I'd assume Warrick at least starts for now. I don't at all like Swift...but he's the cost of doing business.
CENSORED... No comment.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#26 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Sep 9, 2008 9:19 pm

We'd have the same conditions on our NJ pick as you have on yours. Sweet, sweet poetic justice.

So, it'd be cleaner and in your own best interests to keep your returned pick, and let the NJN pick go to MEM. I will change the OP (as if anyone EVER reads when I do that...) to reflect this change.
-- Steve Martin
old rem
RealGM

Post#27 » by old rem » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:12 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:We'd have the same conditions on our NJ pick as you have on yours. Sweet, sweet poetic justice.

So, it'd be cleaner and in your own best interests to keep your returned pick, and let the NJN pick go to MEM. I will change the OP (as if anyone EVER reads when I do that...) to reflect this change.

The /pick/picks then become a rather minor part of this,and in that case I'm not so sure, since I really would not want Swift,who's just a deadweight filler. Seems we do a talent downgrade without quite enough return, though the version skipping Jackson + Lowry (and I'd guess Watson too) could work,that's Harrington for Swift-Warrick + GSW pick return. Nets and Griz could sort out the rest of the deal. Perovic just signed to play a few years in Spain so GSW now can take in the extra player.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Trades and Transactions