Random Trades (Chi, Sac, Port, Wash, Indy)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

JimmyBulls
Banned User
And1: 2
Location: At the local mega-church, and not buying the prayer cloth.

Random Trades (Chi, Sac, Port, Wash, Indy) 

Post#1 » by JimmyBulls » Mon Sep 8, 2008 7:40 pm

Here are a few interesting trades that could improve all teams involved, or put them in more realistic standing.

Trade One:

Bulls get Moore and Douby
Kings get Gooden

Rose/Hinrich/Douby
Hughes/Thabo
Deng/Noce
Thomas/Simmons
Moore/Noah

Beno/Jackson/Brown
Martin/Garcia
Salmons/Greene
Gooden/Thompson
Miller/Hawes/Williams

Trade Two:

Bulls get Frye, Blake, and Diogu
Blazers get Hinrich and Gray

Rose/Blake/Douby
Hughes/Thabo
Deng/Noce
Thomas/Diogu
Moore/Noah/Frye

Hinrich/Bayless/Rodriguez
Roy/Fernandez
Webster/Batum
Aldridge/Outlaw
Oden/JP/Gray

Trade Three:

Pacers get Daniels
Wizards get Tinsley

Tinsley/Brown
Arenas/Stevenson
Butler/Young
Jamison/Blatche
Haywood/Thomas/Songiala

Ford/Jack/Daniels
MD/Daniels
Granger/Williams
Murphy/McRoberts
Foster/Nesterovic/Hibbert
KM44
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Random Trades (Chi, Sac, Port, Wash, Indy) 

Post#2 » by KM44 » Mon Sep 8, 2008 8:31 pm

I wouldn't mind the Kings trade. I think it would be the right thing for the kings to do, but I'm not sure why the bulls do that. I seriously doubt the Wizards pacers trade though, and I don't think that portland wants hinrich, they're going to give fernandez a shot
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Post#3 » by count55 » Mon Sep 8, 2008 8:47 pm

If only it were that easy to get rid of Tinsley.
I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.
JimmyBulls
Banned User
And1: 2
Location: At the local mega-church, and not buying the prayer cloth.

Post#4 » by JimmyBulls » Tue Sep 9, 2008 3:22 am

KM44 wrote:I wouldn't mind the Kings trade. I think it would be the right thing for the kings to do, but I'm not sure why the bulls do that. I seriously doubt the Wizards pacers trade though, and I don't think that portland wants hinrich, they're going to give fernandez a shot

I like trade one as a Bulls fan because it gives the keys to Thomas at the power forward position. He was a high draft pick and it's time to see what the kid has to offer playing regular minutes. If he plays well it would be great, but if he flops, the Bulls could look to upgrade his position. I had high hopes that Paxson would find a taker for Noce, but since he's looking like a guy that will be with us for the next couple years (at least), it pretty much shuts the door on Gooden being resigned. So it makes since to use him to get the extra center the roster needs so desperately.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,428

Post#5 » by pillwenney » Tue Sep 9, 2008 3:26 am

Ehh, I'd say the Kings pass. Out of all the players involved, Douby is the only one I would really see in our long term plans. But others may disagree.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#6 » by miller31time » Tue Sep 9, 2008 4:08 am

Wiz pass. Daniels contract is a year shorter, he is far less injury-prone and is a pretty consistent player.

Tinsley has the higher upside but with his injury history, awful contract and many other issues, it would be too big of a gamble.

Plus, one of the things Wizards fans are hoping for is packaging Etan Thomas, Antonio Daniels and picks/young players next season for a disgruntled star (Etan and AD both being expirings at that time). Trading AD for a player with an extra year takes that small hope away.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#7 » by KingInExile » Tue Sep 9, 2008 4:42 am

mitchweber wrote:Ehh, I'd say the Kings pass. Out of all the players involved, Douby is the only one I would really see in our long term plans. But others may disagree.

Count me as one that doesn't really agree that Douby is part of the long term plans...but I still am not too excited about the Kings trade idea. I would much rather let Thompson and Williams compete with Moore for minutes at the 4 than to move Moore for a higher-paid (this year) Gooden.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#8 » by farzi » Tue Sep 9, 2008 7:04 am

Blazers pass. We'd have no backup PF then, and if we're keeping Prz, we have 0 need for gray
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#9 » by JD45 » Tue Sep 9, 2008 3:07 pm

farzi wrote:Blazers pass. We'd have no backup PF then, and if we're keeping Prz, we have 0 need for gray

But the core of the trade is OK. If some other filler was found so that Diogu would stay with the Blazers, the deal would be interesting.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#10 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:10 am

KingInExile wrote:
mitchweber wrote:Ehh, I'd say the Kings pass. Out of all the players involved, Douby is the only one I would really see in our long term plans. But others may disagree.

Count me as one that doesn't really agree that Douby is part of the long term plans...but I still am not too excited about the Kings trade idea. I would much rather let Thompson and Williams compete with Moore for minutes at the 4 than to move Moore for a higher-paid (this year) Gooden.

Even though it was summer league, Quincy showed what he is capable of. If the Kings let him go I think there is more than a modest probability that we look like idiots i.e. Gerald Wallace for letting him go.

Kings pass on the trade BTW.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#11 » by boogydown » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:38 pm

Chicago.

Trade One - I don't really like. Quincy has no potential in Chicago, Gooden expires this season, no reason to do this.
Trade Two - Don't like it either. I don't think contracts match up either so it wouldn't work. We gain nothing but junk in the trade.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#12 » by KingInExile » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:09 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
KingInExile wrote:

Even though it was summer league, Quincy showed what he is capable of. If the Kings let him go I think there is more than a modest probability that we look like idiots i.e. Gerald Wallace for letting him go.

Kings pass on the trade BTW.

All Quincy showed in SL is that he's a ball hog chucker that doesn't try to create for others and still has terrible court vision and poor ball handling skills.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.

Return to Trades and Transactions