CHI/LAL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

xSABOx
Rookie
And1: 68

CHI/LAL 

Post#1 » by xSABOx » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:11 am

Odom, Farmar, Ariza, Radmanovic

for

Nocioni, Gooden, Hughes

Fisher|Hughes|Yue
Bryant|Vujacic|Crawford
Nocioni|Walton
Gasol|Gooden|Powell|Giles
Bynum|Mihm|Mbenga

Rose|Farmar
Hinrich|Gordon|Sefolosha
Deng|Ariza|Nichols
Odom|Thomas|Radmanovic|SImmons
Noah|Gray|Ruffin

Just throwing it out there... Thoughts??
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Re: CHI/LAL 

Post#2 » by MAQ » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:52 am

we'd rather keep noc's contract and let gooden and hughes expire than take on radman's contract and 2 more guards
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#3 » by gswhoops » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:58 am

^^ Really? I see this as a no-brainer for the Bulls...they get a talent upgrade from Odom/Farmar/Ariza and improve their salary structure in the process. I can't see why they'd say no. The Lakers, on the other hand, pass easily.
MAQ
RealGM

Post#4 » by MAQ » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:17 am

it's not a talent upgrade imo

odom and noc are a wash...

then we trade gooden and hughes for radman, farmar, and ariza...none of which are going to play here

plus we bring in 2 other forwards to take away from tyrus's development. i mean if we arent going to see how good tyrus is this year then john paxson might as well resign for drafting him in 2006

our lineup would be

rose/hinrich/farmar
hinrich/gordon/sefelosha/ariza
deng/sefelosha/odom
odom/tyrus/radmanovic
noah/gray

the 2-4 positions is beyond crowded and the center position is on life support...

as for the salary structure...ehh...does it really matter what the salary structure is? as long as JR isnt paying the lux and we have space in 2010 (which we have with our roster as is) what more can you ask for?
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
omeloon
Starter
And1: 1

Post#5 » by omeloon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:07 am

gswhoops wrote:^^ Really? I see this as a no-brainer for the Bulls...they get a talent upgrade from Odom/Farmar/Ariza and improve their salary structure in the process. I can't see why they'd say no. The Lakers, on the other hand, pass easily.

Yeah, I feel the same. More trades would need to come, for sure... but still a deal Chi has to do.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#6 » by VintaGe36 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:35 am

maq25060 wrote:it's not a talent upgrade imo

Not a talent upgrade? Are you serious?

odom and noc are a wash...

IMO Odom > Noc, but I'll give you this.

then we trade gooden and hughes for radman, farmar, and ariza...none of which are going to play here

Radman may sit on the bench, but Ariza and Farmar can be sent to other teams, as they have value. Hughes doesn't. If you consider Odom and Noc a wash, your saying you'd rather have Hughes than Farmar, Ariza and Radman? Really? I mean I understand CHI needs to consolidate their talent, but IMO the value here is undeniable.
MAQ
RealGM

Post#7 » by MAQ » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:23 am

no im saying i'd rather have hughes and gooden than farmar (guard number 5), ariza (guard number 6) and radman (paperweight)

we currently need gooden a lot more than we need odom/need to get rid of hughes
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#8 » by BrooklynBulls » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:32 am

VintaGe36 wrote:
Radman may sit on the bench, but Ariza and Farmar can be sent to other teams, as they have value. Hughes doesn't. If you consider Odom and Noc a wash, your saying you'd rather have Hughes than Farmar, Ariza and Radman? Really? I mean I understand CHI needs to consolidate their talent, but IMO the value here is undeniable.

Well, you ignore the value of Gooden here, and he is more valuable to us than any of the 3 players you mention.

In my mind, I evaluate the trade as Radmanovic for Nocioni, which we're significantly losing on, Gooden for Odom, which, though it benefits us this season, is lateral for us- we gain maybe a win, maybe 2, and will very likely let him walk, as he is as unideal as a PF can get around Rose. Then its Ariza and Farmar for Hughes, which is definitely nice for us, but since Ariza holds no value as a player for us, and Farmar holds marginal value, and certainly none until Hinrich leaves the team (as Farmar would never ever see the floor otherwise), it doesn't really accomplish a thing we're going after, does it?

The only positive is the 09 capspace that would open up, which would, if my calculations are correct, leave us well short of the territory required to hope to steal Boozer away.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#9 » by boogydown » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:55 am

Id rather just buy Hughes out or move him for garbage which he is. Otherwise Nocioni contract is not that bad for an all around forward (Half of Odom but similar stats) and Gooden has value, but Farmar, Ariza, Radmanovic can join Hughes with the garbage which they are as well.

Farmar, Ariza, Radmanovic = Won't make the team. We have way to many guards. We have way to much talent/backup, we need a leader or all star, not garbage.

Return to Trades and Transactions