GSW, TOR and NYK Help Cuban Refugees

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

GSW, TOR and NYK Help Cuban Refugees 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:20 pm

Trade ID# 4785603

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Anthony Parker, Jermaine O'Neal, Stephen Jackson
Outgoing Players: Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Erick Dampier
DAL goes for it all this year.
Kidd, Parker, Jackson, Nowitzki, O'neal
Barea, Green, Williams, Bass, Diop

Toronto Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Josh Howard, Erick Dampier, Al Harrington, Jamal Crawford
Outgoing Players: Joey Graham, Anthony Parker, Andrea Bargnani, Jermaine O'Neal, future 1st to GSW
TOR assembles an offensively lethal perimeter game, with defensive toughness inside.
Calderon, Crawford, Howard, Bosh, Dampier
Ukic, Kapono, Moon, Harrington, Humphries

Golden State Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Joey Graham, Wilson Chandler, Malik Rose, future TOR 1st
Outgoing Players: Marco Belinelli, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington
GSW sheds salary and build up their youth core.
(Ellis), Maggette, Chandler, Wright, Biedrins
Williams, Azubuike, Randolph, Graham, Turiaf

New York Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Jason Terry, Andrea Bargnani, Marco Belinelli
Outgoing Players: Wilson Chandler, Malik Rose, Jamal Crawford
NYK adds a PG who can run D'Antoni's system, and a pair of youngsters who can help their future.
Terry, Robinson, Richardson, Lee, Randolph
Duhon, Belinelli, Gallinari, Bargnani, Curry
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: GSW, TOR and NYK Help Cuban Refugees 

Post#2 » by loserX » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:24 pm

I find the idea of a Jason Terry/Nate Robinson starting backcourt very amusing ;)
omeloon
Starter
And1: 1

Post#3 » by omeloon » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:42 pm

Toronto probably has to do it just because of all the talent they get. Still don't love it. Harrington, Calderon, Kapono, and Crawford on the same team? Defensively that is just gross, and Bosh has been a pretty inconsistent defender himself. You surround him with players like that and he'll never be the MVP candidate / franchise player some believe he can be. Sure, Dampier is tough, but he's not getting better either. Toronto is still not a lock to get out of the first round. Risky trade because of the personalities included too.

I do like the starting five though. As bad as Calderon and Crawford would be defensively, Calderon needs a scoring swingman like Crawford who can break opposing defenses down imo. Howard ensures that our front court can still defend, and gives a very solid 3rd option on offense. Can't ask for a better 4th option than Calderon, and Dampier is decent considering all the shots that will be launched from the perimeter.

If Toronto can package Moon w/ Kapono, Humphries, or Harrington to get a better fit, I would like the trade much more. We wouldn't need Moon at all, and there's no way we'd re-sign him with so much money dedicated to Kapono, Dampier, and Crawford long term.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#4 » by Rockazoids » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:46 pm

NY say's no thanks
Terry deals goes til 2011/12 (about 10 mil more to pay)What he's like 32yrs right now?
I would say just keep JC.
Noway do they trade Chandler. :noway:
Bargnani, Hell you can't find anything good on TOR board so they can keep him.
Have not seen enough of Marco game to see if he will pan out.
So in all, No way.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#5 » by CellarDoor » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:01 pm

I'm beginning of certain people on this forum only post if they don't like a trade.

Ok beginning to wonder is an understatement, but still.

duhon is surprisingly okay at defending 2s, but i could see there being a lot of problems with NYK's D considering who they've got behind their guards. Dallas of course does this, I don't think Toronto can turn it down, but i'm not sure there's enough incentive for GSW to make the move here.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,565

Post#6 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:37 pm

As a Warriors fan, I find nothing appealing about this deal. In theory we're shedding salary. In practice, when we map out any sort of future, those two guys aren't causing a huge salary problem as-is. More value in holding them until we can trade them for something useful, even if only as expirings.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#7 » by old rem » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:27 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:As a Warriors fan, I find nothing appealing about this deal. In theory we're shedding salary. In practice, when we map out any sort of future, those two guys aren't causing a huge salary problem as-is. More value in holding them until we can trade them for something useful, even if only as expirings.

I agree. This pretty much puts GSW back in te pack of West bottom feeders for a few years,money is spent for nothing players for a year to just remove 2 starters a year faster...with one giving West rival a nice boost. Toronto gets to add a crowd of proven NBA starters....for JO-Bargs....4 guys who totalled over 60ppg last year. The whole deal is based on the idea GSW has some lemming like urge to go cliff diving and try to build off having one guy on the team older than 24.

Some Warrior fans will actually like this concept. Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it. GSW has taken a long long time to get past the .500 barrier. GSW has taken a very casual approach (or neglectful?) so recent lotto picks remain untested...or are already abandoned and gone. Show me a staff that is A+ at developing + deploying young talent and I'm always in favor of a youth plan.
CENSORED... No comment.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#8 » by turk3d » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:50 am

I say in order to even consider it from a Warriors perspective (and I'm still not saying I'd do it), you'd have to take out Marco and Graham.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
old rem
RealGM

Post#9 » by old rem » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:45 am

turk3d wrote:I say in order to even consider it from a Warriors perspective (and I'm still not saying I'd do it), you'd have to take out Marco and Graham.

absolutely.

Jackson just had a 20 ppg season with good passing and D. He's got a very reasonable 2 yr deal. If that lacks trade vale....wtf...keep him. Belli + Chandler are a bit of a toss up. GSW is (currently) rather deep at both SG-SF so Chandler won't inherit much role. Beli is probably #3 at SG (unless Jax is gone) but is also a PG sleeper. Harrington? Yeah...maybe a tad overpaid but is a 6-9 STARTER...with a 2 yr deal.
Trading Al even up for M Rose....a perpetual inactive....means same $ spent in this season, so the whole plus is that rather than pay a $7 mill talent $9 mill NEXT year...we just waste $9 mill this year.
This deal seems to make the 09 Tor pick a 20's slot.....and this draft is awful shaky.

GSW gets a late pick...whenever....for a real good player. Turns another starter into expiring meat....flips a rookie with potential for another with potential. Add it up and it's no good for GSW. :noway:
CENSORED... No comment.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#10 » by Nolan » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:57 am

For a deal involving so many players I think its pretty decent and makes alot of sense for most of the teams involved. The only team that doesn't do so well in this trade is Golden State.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#11 » by killacalijatt » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:29 am

i dont see the incentive in this deal we loose jack and marco for a late pick and expiring
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#12 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:17 am

I'm getting a slight sense that the Warriors aren't fully satisfied...

Nah, I kind of thought this would be the case. DAL could offer a future 1st as well... ?
-- Steve Martin
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#13 » by JES12 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:54 am

I'd rather keep our current squad than block another 2 years of rebuilng by giving the 2012 1st. Dallas would have only Barea backing up a dinosaur in Dallas. Parker would not add anything to our squad that Wright & Williams couldn't. Then we downgrade Howard to Jackson. Then we add another PF to Dirk and Bass....one that can't play center for long stretches as some think....and has a major history of injuries.

I think ecuhus needs to stop trying to make circles fit in square holes. Iverson and J O'neal are not coming to Dallas. Ironically, those are 2 players Donnie Nelson has made statements in the past about not wanting to persue.

I think if you were to forget about the 2012 1st and turn Parker's posative value into Tinsley's negative value, this may be a little more realistic for all parties involved. Howard, Terry, Dampier for Jackson, O'neal, Tinsley...no picks.
old rem
RealGM

Post#14 » by old rem » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:47 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:I'm getting a slight sense that the Warriors aren't fully satisfied...

Nah, I kind of thought this would be the case. DAL could offer a future 1st as well... ?

How about Dallas gives B Bass? Deals where GSW gives everyone STARTERS and those stingy SOB's are not willing to cough up a good 2nd stringer...SUCK.

GSW just GAVE AWAY 2 of it's recent LOTTO picks. Pick 25 in a pretty shallow draft for a team that underemploys HIGH picks....not a big thing. GSW has no vested interest in helping WEST teams stay top tier. We WANT Dallas-etc. to have weak links,get old,whatever. If we HELP a rival...they have to feel some pain. Forget the CONVENIENT and expendable token stuff...give us what serves OUR needs or go away. :naaa: :naaa:

and that's the truth. :biggrin:
CENSORED... No comment.
JES12
RealGM

Post#15 » by JES12 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:55 am

Dallas' 2012 pick may be #1 overall. And no, I'd rather keep Bass and our team than downgrade Howard to Jackson just to strengthen a strength.

And that's the truth. :biggrin:
old rem
RealGM

Post#16 » by old rem » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:04 am

JES12 wrote:Dallas' 2012 pick may be #1 overall. And no, I'd rather keep Bass and our team than downgrade Howard to Jackson just to strengthen a strength.

And that's the truth. :biggrin:

no problem.....just remove GSW from this and move on.
CENSORED... No comment.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#17 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:00 pm

JES12 wrote:I think ecuhus needs to stop trying to make circles fit in square holes. Iverson and J O'neal are not coming to Dallas. Ironically, those are 2 players Donnie Nelson has made statements in the past about not wanting to persue.

Duly noted.
-- Steve Martin
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#18 » by Rockazoids » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:23 pm

From Mem-Dal...Realistic? Probably not.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=845238
CellarDoor wrote:I'm beginning of certain people on this forum only post if they don't like a trade.

Ok beginning to wonder is an understatement, but still.

ecuhus1981 wrote: But I see nothing MEM has to offer that would be worth Damp or Bass, let alone our only "bad" contract (Terry).

This is why NY would not want Terry.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
JES12
RealGM

Post#19 » by JES12 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:44 pm

You forgot to quote his next reply where he said:

"I'M not saying Terry is a bad contract...As I alluded to earlier, the only contract on our team hat can be remotely considered "bad" is Terry's due to his age and current trade value."

Terry's value is as high, if not higher than the chucker you are getting rid of (Crawford).
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#20 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:44 pm

Toronto would not throw a massive expiring and a 1st as well as 2 good players for that package. I don't want Carwfish near this team. Why would we absorb his terrible deal? Toronto would want a prospect in return i.e. Azubuike or somebody like that
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry

Return to Trades and Transactions