MIA/TOR

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Cloud765
Starter
And1: 25

MIA/TOR 

Post#1 » by Cloud765 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:46 pm

Toronto Raptors

Incoming Players
Mark Blount
Salary: $8,513,916 Years Remaining: 2
Daequan Cook
Salary: $1,273,200 Years Remaining: 2

Outgoing Players: Andrea Bargnani, Anthony Parker

Miami Heat
Incoming Players
Andrea Bargnani
Salary: $5,176,440 Years Remaining: 2
Anthony Parker
Salary: $4,550,000 Years Remaining: 1

Outgoing Players: Mark Blount, Daequan Cook

For Miami, they get a Center who is unproven but will get the minutes to develop at C (since we're so thin there). They lose future potential, but the trade-off is well worth it.

For Toronto, they get a decent backup C who can spread the floor and pull out post defenders. They also get one of the brightest young SGs in the game, instant offense for their wing, a position they are a bit thin in as well.
The views and opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Miami Heat fans, the Miami Heat Organization, or it's employees.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Re: MIA/TOR 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:49 pm

And Toronto does this why?

They're not going to trade Bargnani for this crap. Add in Parker for Cook and that's an even bigger joke.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#3 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:37 pm

Sweet mother of all that's good in this world, are you being serious here? How many things are wrong with this?!

First of all, the basic premise is faulty. We aren't trading Bargs anytime soon, especially not for any deal like this.

Ok, you say Blount can spread the floor and pull out defenders. Riiight, and Bargs cant?

Then you say we're thin at SG (which we are), so in your trade we lose our starting SG!?!??

Oh, and Cook is BY FAR not one of the brightest young SG's in the game. He's mediocre/decent at best.

Otherwise this was a great idea!
Cloud765
Starter
And1: 25

Post#4 » by Cloud765 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Alright, I was just trying to steal your young talent and dump the worst C in the game. You got me...
The views and opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Miami Heat fans, the Miami Heat Organization, or it's employees.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#5 » by BBallFreak » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:13 pm

Crappy deal for Toronto. Their is no incentive for them to do this deal...
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#6 » by ponder276 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Brutally bad for Toronto. We get worse at C, worse at SG, get worse contracts, and give up the most promising young player in the deal? Hmmm, you really thought this one through . . .

A huge "LOL" to Daequan Cook being "one of the brightest young SGs in the game," the guy will be extremely lucky to even be as good as Anthony Parker, who we are giving up in this deal. Cook basically brings nothing to the table except scoring, and scoring wise he only put up 8.8 ppg, in 24.4 mpg, while shooting a terrible .381 from the field and .332 from 3. Even if you switch Kapono with Parker, and add in a 1st, I'd only be luke-warm about this deal. Bargs has worked very hard on his game and body all summer, and has been looking good in preseason - we're definitely gonna be giving him another chance to prove himself this season before dumping him for garbage.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Post#7 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:32 pm

Terrible value for Toronto. Why would we consider such a piss poor deal? Blount is even softer then Bargnani which is hard to belive. Cook is nothing special and Parker is a veteran who can really help the Heat.

We would want Miami's first in any deal and we would be sending Kapono for a expiring or Haslem
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#8 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:50 pm

**** deal I have ever seen, close to a *insert **** player* for Lebron.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#9 » by VintaGe36 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:06 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:**** deal I have ever seen, close to a *insert **** player* for Lebron.

Actually, no, not close at all.

Return to Trades and Transactions