CHI/TOR

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

macind2
Freshman
And1: 0

CHI/TOR 

Post#1 » by macind2 » Tue Dec 2, 2008 3:26 pm

Toronto Outgoing:

Anthony Parker
Jason Kapono
09 lottery protected first round

Toronto Incoming:
Larry Hughes

Trade ID#4847090

Thoughts?
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,197

Re: CHI/TOR 

Post#2 » by coldfish » Tue Dec 2, 2008 4:16 pm

Bulls say no. No one wants contracts that extend past 2010 summer unless its a sweetheart deal. What would Kapono do on Chicago? The Bulls already have enough outside shooters.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#3 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Dec 2, 2008 5:12 pm

A first for Hughes??? Dude, you must really hate Kapono......

Raps dont do this deal either.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,449

Post#4 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Dec 2, 2008 5:19 pm

Why would the Raps toss a first into that deal?
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#5 » by don nelson » Tue Dec 2, 2008 5:40 pm

cosmostein wrote:Why would the Raps toss a first into that deal?

Because the amount of money being paid out to Kapono does not justify the kind of production he brings onto the floor. When you combine Kapono's modest production with the fact his contract runs past 2010, adding a first round pick is not enough incentive to interest a team like Chicago who will have enough cap space in 2010 to be a player in the free agent market.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,921

Post#6 » by JN » Tue Dec 2, 2008 5:50 pm

BC might consider this if he is serious about having as mucg cap space as possible in 2010.... but I don't think that is the case.
mikeselectro
Banned User

Post#7 » by mikeselectro » Tue Dec 2, 2008 5:51 pm

coldfish is hating on the idea that people propose better trades than him, thats the only reason why he said no; however, bulls and i do it.

*note to everyone on this site:
coldfish just said NO to: A.Parker, Kapono, 1st round / Hughes
cellardoor said yesterday in the Chi/OKC (Jan. 1) trade: "I like getting Joe Smith, but I don't want Wilcox."

let me point out;
its people like these two, who insult people and their trades, then on top of it say unintelligent things themselves, that will ruin this site, not ppl like me who post trades with good intentions and give constructive criticism - like ecuhus whos replys actually contributes something instead of simply insulting the poster.
ice9
Veteran
And1: 140

Post#8 » by ice9 » Tue Dec 2, 2008 5:54 pm

mikeselectro wrote:coldfish is hating on the idea that people propose better trades than him, thats the only reason why he said no; however, bulls and i do it.

What? He is 100% right, Kapono expires after 2010, and Larry Hughes expires before 2010. The Bulls say no for that reason.

at least he isn't trying to trade Derrick Rose for Kaman...

its people like these two, who insult people and their trades, then on top of it say unintelligent things themselves, that will ruin this site, not ppl like me who post trades with good intentions and give constructive criticism - like ecuhus whos replys actually contributes something instead of simply insulting the poster.

They never insulted anyone. They said that the Bulls say no, and explained why. That's how the trade board works. Most trades get shot down, and people don't take it personal, they tinker with the idea or look for a different potential trading partner.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#9 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Dec 2, 2008 5:59 pm

Both teams say no. I don't see Hughes wanting to play here full time or is he a good peice over Parker the only good thing is we dump Kapono but I think Parker is a better fit then Hughes for Toronto.

Chicago doesn't do it as well as they have really no need for Crapono
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
mikeselectro
Banned User

Post#10 » by mikeselectro » Tue Dec 2, 2008 6:30 pm

a) i proposed d.rose for kaman, along with many other moving parts from different teams mind you, before d.rose proved to me that he could be a true pg, which was not until game 10 - and i don't watch college ball, so the first time i ever saw him play was game 1 of the regular season. however, since game 10, i quickly revoked that trade idea. and the lesson i said i learned was that im not gunna judge players anymore based on a small sampling of games.

b) the chi/tor trade is good for chi, because it gives chicago additional trading options, which could even include kapono, we get an expiring contract and a 1st round draft pick

c) in this particular thread he didnt insult, bravo
mikeselectro
Banned User

Post#11 » by mikeselectro » Tue Dec 2, 2008 7:57 pm

ice9:
Dec 15. / (Bulls/Raptors/Bucks) / Trade ID #4847478

Bulls lose: Hughes (1)
Bulls get: C.Bell (3), Lue (0), D.Jones (0), 1st round pick (from original trade idea)
- get a vet., cheap sg
- get 2 pg's (that expire) as insurance, if anything, while hinrich is injured
- get a 1st round pick
- removing a distraction = priceless

Raptors lose: Kapono (2), A.Parker (0), 1st round draft pick (original poster)
Raptors get: Hughes (1)
- hughes expires before kapono (as the original poster explained)
- A.Parker is aging, so it doesn't hurt to have him leave your rebuilding team

Bucks lose: C.Bell (3), Lue (0), D.Jones (0)
Bucks get: Kapono (2), A. Parker (0)
- hand pg over to Sessions/Ridnour (skiles is personally obligated to play lue = vet.)
- A.Parker is a bigger-body more capable scorer as a backup sg
- Kapono gives their bench a sharp-shooting 3-pt presence (handy during playoffs)
- save a year in contracts

chicago rotation (healthy, and imo):
D.Rose/Hinrich/L.Hunter/Lue
Gordon/C.Bell
Sefolosha/Deng
Tyrus/Gooden
Noah/Gray/C. Simmons

bucks rotation:
Sessions/Ridnour
Redd/A.Parker
R.Jeff/Kapono
aMoute/Villanueva
Bogut/Gadzuric

im smarter
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#12 » by BR0D1E86 » Tue Dec 2, 2008 8:33 pm

Quick and easy no from the Bulls. Eat Nocioni for a deal that goes a max of one more season after this and it’s a maybe, but still probably no.
BR0D1E86
RealGM

Post#13 » by BR0D1E86 » Tue Dec 2, 2008 8:35 pm

coldfish is hating on the idea that people propose better trades than him, thats the only reason why he said no; however, bulls and i do it.

He’s “hating on” the idea because it’s awful for the Bulls… really truly awful.

You’re just “hating on” coldfish because he doesn’t like most of the 934 Bulls trades you post every day because the vast majority of them are either wretched for some team involved or completely outside the realm of reality.
mikeselectro
Banned User

Post#14 » by mikeselectro » Tue Dec 2, 2008 9:06 pm

i couldnt tell if u even addressed the chi/tor/mil trade, because you mentioned nocioni who wasnt involved in mine or the original post.
keep hating its fine, ur just trying to find comfort somehow in the fact that im better than you and in ur face, only a natural human reaction to help u survive
BR0D1E86
RealGM

Post#15 » by BR0D1E86 » Tue Dec 2, 2008 9:11 pm

edit - Ahhh, forget it.

No to salary beyond 2010. It's not a hard and fast rule, but when pawning off borderline useless players it comes into effect.
mikeselectro
Banned User

Post#16 » by mikeselectro » Tue Dec 2, 2008 9:17 pm

brodie wth are u exactly talking about
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#17 » by coldfish » Tue Dec 2, 2008 9:34 pm

mikeselectro wrote:coldfish is hating on the idea that people propose better trades than him, thats the only reason why he said no; however, bulls and i do it.

*note to everyone on this site:
coldfish just said NO to: A.Parker, Kapono, 1st round / Hughes
cellardoor said yesterday in the Chi/OKC (Jan. 1) trade: "I like getting Joe Smith, but I don't want Wilcox."

let me point out;

Yes, it is I, coldfish, who will ruin realgm.

Seriously though, I disagree vehemently with your evaluations of Bulls players and others. Because of that, I disagree with basically all of your trades. You generally trade players that I think are good for players who I don't think are good. Most notably, you keep trading Derrick Rose for players much worse than Derrick Rose.

Beyond that, I don't think you have a good understanding of the financial aspects of basketball. The most notable was Bird rights, which I tried to politely explain to you. In this particular case, you are talking about a late first round pick. Those picks have very little value in the NBA. Teams often trade them just to get rid of the salary. Kapono is a very one dimensional player who the Bulls already have his one dimension. Getting Parker doesn't do a ton for trades any time soon because there is an NBA time limit on how soon you can trade an acquired player in a combination trade.
mikeselectro
Banned User

Post#18 » by mikeselectro » Tue Dec 2, 2008 9:44 pm

coldfish obviously didnt read the trade, within the same thread, that i proposed after we execute the toronto trade.
im just gunna stop responding to u until u say something i believe is genuine or intelligent
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#19 » by Cliff Levingston » Tue Dec 2, 2008 10:26 pm

mikeselectro wrote:ice9:
Dec 15. / (Bulls/Raptors/Bucks) / Trade ID #4847478

Bulls lose: Hughes (1)
Bulls get: C.Bell (3), Lue (0), D.Jones (0), 1st round pick (from original trade idea)
- get a vet., cheap sg
- get 2 pg's (that expire) as insurance, if anything, while hinrich is injured
- get a 1st round pick
- removing a distraction = priceless

Raptors lose: Kapono (2), A.Parker (0), 1st round draft pick (original poster)
Raptors get: Hughes (1)
- hughes expires before kapono (as the original poster explained)
- A.Parker is aging, so it doesn't hurt to have him leave your rebuilding team

Bucks lose: C.Bell (3), Lue (0), D.Jones (0)
Bucks get: Kapono (2), A. Parker (0)
- hand pg over to Sessions/Ridnour (skiles is personally obligated to play lue = vet.)
- A.Parker is a bigger-body more capable scorer as a backup sg
- Kapono gives their bench a sharp-shooting 3-pt presence (handy during playoffs)
- save a year in contracts

chicago rotation (healthy, and imo):
D.Rose/Hinrich/L.Hunter/Lue
Gordon/C.Bell
Sefolosha/Deng
Tyrus/Gooden
Noah/Gray/C. Simmons

bucks rotation:
Sessions/Ridnour
Redd/A.Parker
R.Jeff/Kapono
aMoute/Villanueva
Bogut/Gadzuric

im smarter

It's better than the OP deal since Bell isn't as big of an albatross as Kapono, but Cliff Levingston would still pass... and Cliff Levingston hates Hughes.

The best plan for the Bulls right now is to dump salary and make sure we're ready to offer a max deal in 2010. Bell is on the books for $3.85 mil in 2010. Not a lot, but it's $3.85 mil more than Hughes is owed in 2010.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#20 » by coldfish » Tue Dec 2, 2008 10:33 pm

mikeselectro wrote:coldfish obviously didnt read the trade, within the same thread, that i proposed after we execute the toronto trade.
im just gunna stop responding to u until u say something i believe is genuine or intelligent

For some reason, I keep replying to you though . . .

If you read the thread, I commented on the original trade only. Obviously, my replies are based on that series of posts.

I will comment on your trade: Good job making a trade that is actually legal, makes a modicum of sense and doesn't include Derrick Rose. Keep up the good work.

Return to Trades and Transactions