Another Kings/Philly

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

KM44
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Another Kings/Philly 

Post#21 » by KM44 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Williams has to be taken out of the deal to work. The initail deal that I did didn't include him. I think donte green or douby could be added as well if they wanted. But this deal does make sense. Contractually, the trade isn't that big of a deal, because both beno and salmons will be there for 2010, and combined they equate to iggy. Then you factor in andre miller, who would do a great job with young guys and could possibly sign for a short term contract while our 2009 first rounder develops. Beno isn't our future, salmons isn't our future, but iggy could be both a short term and long term piece of the puzzle.

1st rounder (ty lawson, Jennings...)
Martin
Iggy
Thompson
Hawes

That's a lineup. Then you can factor in a FA in 2010 and we have a contender.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 618

Post#22 » by sackings916 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Smills91 wrote:
sackings916 wrote:
KM44 wrote:
Salmons, Miller, Beno, Williams for Iggy and Miller.

I introduced this already, but didn't get much response from it. Thoughts?

It doesn't work in the trade checker, and I dont even think the salaries are close.

I think a Daly-Brad Miller 1 for 1 swap could be the deal that makes the most sense out of any Kings/Sixers deal.

Not really cuz that digs another 10 million+ contract into our cap space to sign free agents in 2010. 20 million is a significant chunk of change.

The thing is for the Kings to be a winning team at some point a defensive anchor will have to be added to the team. Hawes can block shots but I dont think he's enough, Thompson is a great rebounder and plays with a lot of energy but he's not an anchor either. Daly has been about 10,10 and 2 the previous 2 seasons. This year he's down to a little over 8 but he still rebounds at a very good rate, same with his blocks this year as well. Basically I think his value to the team being that defensive anchor would be worth the hit. And im not sure but I think we'd still have enough cap to add a FA even with his salary.

Dalembert/Thompson
Hawes/Thompson/Greene
Salmons/Greene
Martin/Garcia
FA or 09 pick/Udrih
KM44
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by KM44 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:56 pm

If we trade with Philly, Iggy is coming back. What if we add a third team, then andre miller could go there and the kings could throw beno over to philly. Minnesota would be a nice partner in this. I'm going to go to the trade checker and see what I can figure out.

Just a note for sackings, dalembert is a solid defender, don't get me wrong, but he isn't an enforcer. Guys might notice him, but they won't be afraid like they would with a dwight howard or shaq back in the day. I say we go with hawes and thompson. They might not be the greatest defensive tandem, but they will suffice, and their offense will compensate.

Thompson > Aldridge
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#24 » by ITK9 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:02 am

HORRIBLE for sixers.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#25 » by youngcrev » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:03 am

I'll settle the debate between the Kings fans... the Sixers say no.

Iguodala is not going anywhere at this point, especially not for summerleague Salmons.
LPKingsFan
Starter

Post#26 » by LPKingsFan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:05 am

sackings916 wrote:The thing is for the Kings to be a winning team at some point a defensive anchor will have to be added to the team. Hawes can block shots but I dont think he's enough, Thompson is a great rebounder and plays with a lot of energy but he's not an anchor either. Daly has been about 10,10 and 2 the previous 2 seasons. This year he's down to a little over 8 but he still rebounds at a very good rate, same with his blocks this year as well. Basically I think his value to the team being that defensive anchor would be worth the hit. And im not sure but I think we'd still have enough cap to add a FA even with his salary.

Dalembert/Thompson
Hawes/Thompson/Greene
Salmons/Greene
Martin/Garcia
FA or 09 pick/Udrih

Stop putting our young bigs out of position! Hawes is a center. Jason is a PF. Both should be starting. We're still not sure what either is quite capable of yet. Hawes's shotblocking has only emerged this year. Who knows? With another year or two, Jason may not be such a slouch either.

Dalembert would be the 3rd big, first off the bench. But you don't pay $10 million+ for a guy like that. We can draft Thabeet if that's what you're interested in.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#27 » by Smills91 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:19 am

youngcrev wrote:I'll settle the debate between the Kings fans... the Sixers say no.

Iguodala is not going anywhere at this point, especially not for summerleague Salmons.

Rights...a guy putting up nearly 20 ppg is a summer league star? Gimme a break. You're just bitter because you lost him for nothing and he comes on a very CHEAP deal.
KM44
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by KM44 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:34 am

Wow youngcrev, that was really offensive toward salmons. Summerleague salmons. That's hurtful. That's really hurtful. I will give you credit for the creativity and alliteration, but it still very hurtful. I mean you're right, salmons has proven nothing. Except the 20 ppg and pretty good defense. I don't know, how is his defense? Maybe we should ask kobe. Basically, I am trying to reiterate that salmons is good. Quite good. And Iggy is doing nothing right now with a bloated contract. This would be a solid trade for philly, so quit being stingy and just concede. We are always right

Thompson > Aldridge
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#29 » by youngcrev » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:10 am

Chillll whiny Kings fans (Smills and KM), that was his nickname in Philadelphia.
KM44
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by KM44 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:53 pm

well then, minus points for creativity. I thought it was at least a little impressive, now you're just being dull. This isn't a bad trade, and honestly I could see it happening.

Thompson > Aldridge
spidythejoe
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#31 » by spidythejoe » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:01 pm

I can't help but notice no one but Kings fans are replying to this. I'm getting the feeling Philly is not overly interested.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#32 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:56 pm

either that or we are overpoweringly awesome

Return to Trades and Transactions