Toronto and Memphis

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Toronto and Memphis 

Post#1 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:14 am

Heres a trade i think would benefit both sides. Memphis gets a young PF to grow with their core, a proven point guard in calderon. Raptors get their wing, a decent point guard and a backup centre that expires in 2010

Calderon
Bargnani
Moon
Hump
2009 First

for

Darko
Gay
Conley
Arthur

Conley or lowry can be switched but i said conley since lowry is starting and could be a good backup pointguard as he plays more defense

Raptors Lineup
Conley/Roko/Solomon
Kapono/Parker/Adams
Gay/Graham
Bosh/Arthur/Voskhul
JO/Darko/Jawai

Grizzles Lineup:
Calderon/Lowry
Mayo/Buckner
Moon/Miles/Ross
Bargnani/Hump/Warrick
Gasol/Haddadi
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
clydestudent1276
Rookie
And1: 5

Re: Toronto and Memphis 

Post#2 » by clydestudent1276 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:36 am

this is the first trade involving Toronto I have read today that didn't make me ashamed to be a raptors fan. that being said, I think somehow having Jaric's deal coming to Toronto would make it a better deal for memphis. not sure how that would work out salary wise, but just a thought.
Man, we talkin' bout practice
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#3 » by yungal07 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:39 am

That is horrible for the Grizz. Just horrible.
clydestudent1276
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#4 » by clydestudent1276 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:51 am

I don't think its that bad, I don't know which Memphis values more Conley or Lowry, but the one they value least would be sent to Toronto, and adding in Jaric for Graham if it works out salary wise, should be all that is needed for this in my opinion at least.
Man, we talkin' bout practice
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Post#5 » by trwi7 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:58 am

I think there's only one player on the Raptors that would bring Rudy Gay to Toronto. His last name rhymes with Mosh.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:01 am

Grizz fans are too high on Rudy Gay to do this. Post D gets softer with Bargs instead of Darko.

This deal would make the Raps too raw also, just don't like this deal at all.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#7 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:02 am

the way i see it though, they upgrade big time from conley to calderon. Calderon one of the most efficient point guards in the NBA. The downgrade big time from Gay to Moon. Gay obviously being the better player. Moon can rebound at his position though weve seen it during the last couple games. As a starter hes averaging 8 and 4 in 27 minutes. Hes had a bad year but recently picked it up. Bargnani for Darko is in Memphis's favor because as a starter F hes averaging 14, 5 and 1.43 blocks in 33 minutes. Darko is 6 and 5 in 20 minutes but Bargnani has a way higher ceiling. Younger and rebounds just as much as he does. Hump in my opinion is equal to arthur. He is in the top 8 for PER for his age(23). 2009 First(top 3 protected) might close the huge gap between gay and moon a tiny bit. But overall i think they upgrade talent and youth for the future. We could take Jarics deal by adding graham and taking lowry, but this trade to me looks fair for both teams. They both lose talent in some areas(toronto at backup PF and PG and Memphis at SF) bargnani can start and if he played his natural position he would flourish. Thing is Bosh plays it so he cannot play there, also i think taking the spotlight off him and letting him play in memphis will also increase his production.
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#8 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:05 am

This works then so tell me what you think of the revised deal:

Bargnani
Calderon
Parker
Hump
Moon
** 2009 First

For

Conley
Gay
Darko
Arthur
Jaric

Raptors Lineup:
Conley/Roko/Solomon
Kapono/Jaric/Adams
Gay/Graham
Bosh/Arthur/Jawai
JO/Darko/Voskhul

Grizzles Lineup:
Calderon/Lowry
Mayo/Buckner
Moon/Parker/Miles
Bargnani/Hump/Warrick
Gasol/Haddadi
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#9 » by zong » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:05 am

Stop hating on Bargnani's interior D, he's stepped it up this year, he's actually not committing silly fouls and is willing to take contact as opposed to Bosh who's afraid to foul.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#10 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:48 pm

bargnani's D is the big positive for him this year, if hes struggling on offense he doesnt allow it to affect his defense. Hes blocking shots, his weak side defense is better. If the raptors take Jaric is the deal more fair for memphis fans?
hptmatthew
Senior
And1: 3

Post#11 » by hptmatthew » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:07 pm

trwi7 wrote:I think there's only one player on the Raptors that would bring Rudy Gay to Toronto. His last name rhymes with Mosh.

actually, I don't even think that would fly-he'd only be a 1.5 year rental.

Any amount of rationalizations about how much an upgrade Calde would be over Conley (and he surely would be that) just doesn't get RU-DEE to Toronto.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,720

Post#12 » by gswhoops » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:27 pm

Toronto can't get Rudy without giving up Bosh. To think that they'd throw in Conley and Arthur as well is lunacy.
GrizzGT
Junior
And1: 0
Location: Grizz Fan 1st ... but also on Warrior bandwagon since 4/6/06

Post#13 » by GrizzGT » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:05 pm

With Memphis going nowhere this year, and having plenty of holes to fill, any trade that does not result in Memphis getting the single best player involved in the deal (See OJ Mayo deal for instance) is pointess as it is not going to happen. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Grizz possibly even trade Gay at some point, but I will be shocked if it is for a package that resembles either of these two.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#14 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:25 pm

That deal is beyond horrid for Memphis no way would they make that deal. They give up a all-star and defensive all NBA SF for Calderon and Bargnani I don't think so. Calderon is good but lets face facts that package you have going to Memphis will not make them a playoff team or much better.

Toronto gains a young PG who would do great things in Toronto he can turn out to be something special and we do get a good sized expiring deal as well in Darko. Toronto should take this and run. Mamphis should decline this and block BC's number
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry

Return to Trades and Transactions