Jamison returns to the GS, Maggette heads to Canada!

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Jamison returns to the GS, Maggette heads to Canada! 

Post#1 » by N.O.R.E. » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:02 pm

Wizads Trade: Jamison
Receive: A.Randolph, A. Parker, Graham (cut), lotto protected Raps 1st

McGee/Haywood/Etan
Blatche/A.Randolph/Pecherov
Butler/A.Parker/McGuire
Young/Stevenson
Crittenton/James (vomit)/Dixon/Arenas

The Wizards give Arenas the time he needs to fully recover by getting the younger players more PT. The Wiz cut salary significantly and receive an additional 1st.

Warriors Trade: A.Randolph, Maggette
Receive: Jamison

Biedrins/Turiaf
Jamison/B.Wright
Jax/Jamison
Crawford/Azubuike/Belinelli
Monta/M.Williams

The Warriors re-unite with Jamison who is better suited to Nellie's crazy schemes. This BS coming up about Randolph is pretty strange and it seems Nellie is behind it all. Jamison gets you 20/10 night in, night out and the cost is relatively low.

Raptors Trade: AP, Graham, lotto protected 1st
Receive: Maggette

The Raps upgrade their SG position without giving up too much value. The Raptors organization needs to prove to Bosh that it is comitted to winning and could conceivably extend him (IMO of course) if they Raps have nice talent and go deep in the playoffs, say EC finals.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: Jamison returns to the GS, Maggette heads to Canada! 

Post#2 » by turk3d » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Take out Randolph and it's at least considered. With Randolph, it's just a flat out NO. Nelson will be gone before we trade Randolph.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#3 » by old rem » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:44 pm

Yeah...would not mind seeing Jamison return but Randolph represents a lot of future. GSW is not aimed at right now as much as building to a good long window of opportunity in the near future.

Were it Maggette-Jackson- Williams out and Jamison-Blatche-? in....that might work for GSW. Still not sure it's something the Wiz do.
CENSORED... No comment.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#4 » by don nelson » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:47 pm

turk3d wrote:Take out Randolph and it's at least considered. With Randolph, it's just a flat out NO. Nelson will be gone before we trade Randolph.

+1.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#5 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:36 pm

The Wizards wouldn't do it without Randolph involved. We'd rather keep Jamison than trade him for cap relief and mid round pick. (Frankly, that protected pick may take a heck of a long time to go to Washington. If Bosh leaves, Toronto will be lotto-bound for years.)
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#6 » by JES12 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:39 pm

LOL at Warrior fans thinking Jamison for Maggette and Randolph is bad for them; that is a steal for them.

Any non-cancerous team player at the PF spot for Maggette + tons of sweetner = steal for GSWs and bad for other team.
NW
Starter
And1: 347

Post#7 » by NW » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:57 pm

JES12 wrote:LOL at Warrior fans thinking Jamison for Maggette and Randolph is bad for them; that is a steal for them.

Any non-cancerous team player at the PF spot for Maggette + tons of sweetner = steal for GSWs and bad for other team.

They have buyer's remorse on Maggette's deal but it's a steal to take Jamison's bigger one and give up the potential of Randolph to do it?

Jamison is a better player than Maggette but he isn't the answer for the Ws 4 spot by any stretch
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#8 » by don nelson » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:59 pm

JES12 wrote:LOL at Warrior fans thinking Jamison for Maggette and Randolph is bad for them; that is a steal for them.

There are Warrior fans who simply do not want to give up Randolph until they get a chance to really see what kind of player he can become. I would prefer to keep Maggette regardless of which team gets better value in this trade rather than use Randolph as a sweetener to make this trade happen. The Warriors are the youngest team in the NBA and will not become a major playoff contender regardless of whether or not this hypothetical trade goes down for a 32 year old Jamison so there is no real urgency to move the younger 28 year old Maggette and his torn hamstring right now. There are some posters who are willing to move Maggette at any and all costs but I'm not one of them.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#9 » by J-Rich- » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:34 pm

don nelson wrote:

There are Warrior fans who simply do not want to give up Randolph until they get a chance to really see what kind of player he can become. I would prefer to keep Maggette regardless of which team gets better value in this trade rather than use Randolph as a sweetener to make this trade happen. The Warriors are the youngest team in the NBA and will not become a major playoff contender regardless of whether or not this hypothetical trade goes down for a 32 year old Jamison so there is no real urgency to move the younger 28 year old Maggette and his torn hamstring right now. There are some posters who are willing to move Maggette at any and all costs but I'm not one of them.

Yeah lets see what randolph can do under a coach who knows what he's doing. Warriors are not that desperate to get rid maggette's contract. And warriors havent played with a healthy team this year. I'd like to see maggette play with ellis, jackson, andris and wright first
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:39 pm

I'd much rather cut out Washington and take Parker + 1st for Maggette. Jamison's contract IMO is a bigger mistake then Maggette's.
Boobs
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#11 » by Boobs » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Graham cut? I guess you haven't watched him play the last month or so. Nor have you looked at his stats. However, as a Raptor fan, in this trade, that makes no difference to me because you can cut him and we'll take him back, and this trade is basically Graham plus and lotto proctected first for Maggette. Mind taking Kapono?

______
Kingz
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#12 » by DLeagueAllStars » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:27 pm

i would take Kapono, but the 1st becomes unrestricted...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#13 » by FNQ » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:36 pm

We did our time with Jams... I hated when we had no defense @ PF. If he comes back, he'd get 40 minutes and there'd be no Wright or Turiaf @ PF... forget it...

Hey JES... every suggestion you have regarding other teams, you use simple logic and discount the fans of the teams... will you ever consider that or should I just ignore you now?
Boobs
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#14 » by Boobs » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:17 am

mc5097 wrote:i would take Kapono, but the 1st becomes unrestricted...

I'm going to take a wild guess, and say your a GSW fan. If you are, then I don't understand why making the first unprotected makes a difference to you, since it's the Wizards who are receiving the first round pick in the first place.

______
Kingz
wbbfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 15

Post#15 » by wbbfan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 am

I dont see raps sending end cuts and lotto protected pick for a 20ppg guy no matter how bad we want it.
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.

Return to Trades and Transactions