CHI/LAC/MIN

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,135

Re: CHI/LAC/MIN 

Post#21 » by GopherIt! » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:49 pm

^I know, as soon as I saw this thread I was thinking please let it not be Hinrich. :blank:

I had no interest in him even before he got hurt. We are just as sick of undersized guards as Bulls fans. Foye-Hinrich? That would be an unmitigated disaster in addition to being an absolute waste of cap space. Dumping Cardinal isn't a big issue and certainly not worth Kurt's extra two years. Good luck finding a taker.

AND we give up a player we really like (Miller) to boot. I don't buy this article that he's unhappy
( implication: he wants out.) He's a lifelong Wolves fan. Everybody is frustrated on the team right now, they've won five games.

Like most Wolves fans, I'm definitely interested in Kaman. Some configuration of Miller for Kaman could have legs from a Wolves standpoint. He'd get enough attempts. He and Love would make for a very interesting front line combo when they are on the court together.

I also not sure why your down on Al Thornton. He's a beast. You know he's averaging 16.7ppg/4.9 rpg this season for the Clips right? I'd take him over Noc in a heartbeart.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#22 » by john2jer » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:29 pm

GopherIt! wrote:^I know, as soon as I saw this thread I was thinking please let it not be Hinrich. :blank:

I had no interest in him even before he got hurt. We are just as sick of undersized guards as Bulls fans. Foye-Hinrich? That would be an unmitigated disaster in addition to being an absolute waste of cap space. Dumping Cardinal isn't a big issue and certainly not worth Kurt's extra two years. Good luck finding a taker.

AND we give up a player we really like (Miller) to boot. I don't buy this article that he's unhappy
( implication: he wants out.)
He's a lifelong Wolves fan. Everybody is frustrated on the team right now, they've won five games.

Like most Wolves fans, I'm definitely interested in Kaman. Some configuration of Miller for Kaman could have legs from a Wolves standpoint. He'd get enough attempts. He and Love would make for a very interesting front line combo when they are on the court together.

I also not sure why your down on Al Thornton. He's a beast. You know he's averaging 16.7ppg/4.9 rpg this season for the Clips right? I'd take him over Noc in a heartbeart.

The article came from Sam Smith, didn't it? Or at least it came from a Chicago paper to fuel a trade rumor the writer wanted to happen. Mike Miller hasn't said anything about being unhappy, and if he was, I think his hometown paper would pick it up first. Even when he's been hurt and wearing a suit he's the first one to jump into the huddle during a time-out.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,530

Post#23 » by shrink » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:10 pm

john2jer wrote: The article came from Sam Smith, didn't it? Or at least it came from a Chicago paper to fuel a trade rumor the writer wanted to happen. Mike Miller hasn't said anything about being unhappy, and if he was, I think his hometown paper would pick it up first. Even when he's been hurt and wearing a suit he's the first one to jump into the huddle during a time-out.

It wasn't the infamous Sam Smith, but I don't know how RealGM extrapolated that MIN was considering trading Miller. The line was in a Chicago Trib chat from another sportswriter, where he said,

KC Johnson wrote: I don’t know for sure, but I’d have to believe Mike Miller is available at the right price.

RealGM, with its typical lack of interest in small market teams, invent the headline:

RealGM wrote: Are the GRIZZLIES Making Mike Miller Available?

Let me say one more thing, that makes me further think this is just ridiculous. Last week, with MIN in the midst of ten-or-so straight losses, had Mike Miller in the second row in a suit, sitting out a game with a twisted ankle. However, Miller was so into the game that he jumped up from his seat for every time out, and got into every huddle on the floor. When Ryan Gomes fouled out, Miller immediately started discussing it with him.

Now, most pros I ever see in Row 2 sit back and chat the whole game with other players on the inactive list, and don't behave like Miller. I can understand if a Wolf was frustrated -- in fact, I'd be disappointed by any who were not. However, Miller's behavior seems to tell me that he isn't pressing to get traded out of Minnesota. I don't put any stock in this writer's statement, and if he was asked, he'd probably agree that he didn't say aANYTHING about what the wolves front office is thinking about Mike Miller.
SiCk-R-tHaNeVeR
Junior
And1: 1

Post#24 » by SiCk-R-tHaNeVeR » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:56 pm

TERRIBLE for the Clips, just HORRIBLE! They are basically blowing it up to have multiple SG/SF they dont have minutes for?

They already have R.Davis and E.Gordon at SG, and MOST importantly Throton at SF, who is by no means a bad player as the OP stated....

I also agree with Minny fan, Clips would rather have Miller, assets, and a high pick or something than Noc and Miller!
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#25 » by BrooklynBulls » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:27 am

If Minny wants Kaman...fine. I think I already explained why management may NOT, though. I know the fans disagree, but it is what it is. If you don't like Hinrich as a player, ok. I can understand that. He has his deficiencies.

As for the Clippers, R. Davis is utter garbage. Please do not pencil him in for minutes. He just got suspended for drugs. What now?

As far as Miller being available; I just happen to think Hinrich is a better fit, one that may magnify Foye's abilities. This is pretty hard to calculate, so it's hit or miss here.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I gained some insight into Minny and the Clips.

Right now, its beginning to look like Baron moving, and not Kaman. So I'll be thinking about that now.

Return to Trades and Transactions