Need a Fourth: Bulls, Nets, Sixers and...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Need a Fourth: Bulls, Nets, Sixers and... 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm hoping to complete a 4-way blockbuster proposal, but I need to find a good home for some of the key parts. My original 4th team was the Milwaukee Bucks, and the deal looked like this:

Trade ID# 4894801

Chicago Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Charlie Villanueva, Luke Ridnour, Bobby Simmons
Outgoing Players: Aaron Gray, Kirk Hinrich, Larry Hughes

Milwaukee Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Maurice Ager, Reggie Evans, Andre Miller
Outgoing Players: Charlie Villanueva, Damon Jones, Luke Ridnour

New Jersey Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, Andre Iguodala
Outgoing Players: Maurice Ager, Bobby Simmons, Vince Carter

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Aaron Gray, Kirk Hinrich, Vince Carter
Outgoing Players: Reggie Evans, Andre Miller, Andre Iguodala

You see, NJN would like a younger backcourt partner to Devin, and PHI is agreeable to swapping Vince for Iggy, but ONLY if they can swap our Miller for a younger PG (Kirk fits the bill). So, the key is finding a team that wants Andre Miller, and would send quality backup youth (on reasonable contracts) at PG and PF/C to Chicago. I honestly believe that Milwaukee is the PERFECT team for this deal, but Bucks fans do not believe that upgrading from Ridnour to Miller is worth downgrading from Villanueva to Evans.

SO, I'm looking for a fill-in 4th team who wants a steady floor leader like Miller, and wouldn't mind ponying up decent cash in the offseason, if they want to keep him. Andre has been at his best when surrounded by scoring swingmen who are not ball-dominant.

Are there any bidders? Minnesota maybe? How about Oklahoma City? Or Portland???

(Keep in mind, all offers aren't equal, and may have to be "propped up" with picks/cash/etc.)
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Re: Need a Fourth: Bulls, Nets, Sixers and... 

Post#2 » by youngcrev » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Since when is PHI agreeable to a Vince for Iguodala swap??? Just makes us older, still not a contender, and stuck with a guy that will be declining in the time frame that we'd like to be contending.
killbuckner
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#3 » by killbuckner » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:10 pm

Tough to find a playoff contender that needs a PG like Miller and has legitimate parts to deal away. For a lottery team I'm not sure that Miller has a whole lot of value past the expiring contract but that means they won't give up enough value to make it worth it for the sixers. The only team in the west I can remotely see doing it would be Houston and even thats questionable. Portland Miller seems like a very poor choice to play next to Roy. In the east I'd say its pretty slim pickings as well just because the only 3 teams that see themselves as serious contenders are also not in the market for PG's. Maybe Philly is just the best fit for Miller at this point.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#4 » by Spykes » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:29 pm

The Portland idea is interesting. Although, if what you say is true about Miller ("at his best when surrounded by scoring swingmen who are not ball-dominant."), then he's probably not a great fit next to Roy.

Return to Trades and Transactions