POR, GS, and LAC

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

POR, GS, and LAC 

Post#1 » by shagadelic45 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:25 am

POR TRADES: Raef LaFrentz, #1

POR RECEIVES: Corey Maggette

GS TRADES: Corey Maggette

GS RECEIVES: Baron Davis

LAC TRADES: Baron Davis

LAC RECEIVES: Raef LaFrentz, #1
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: POR, GS, and LAC 

Post#2 » by loserX » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:29 am

So after signing Baron, trading for Camby and trading for Zach Randolph...all win-now moves...the Clippers decide they're going to trade Baron for---nobody. I somehow doubt it.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,126

Post#3 » by The Duke » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:31 am

C'mon Baron for expiring + low 1st round pick

3rd try wasn\t the charm....
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#4 » by Milkdud » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:17 am

I would rather have Reaf expire then add Maggette to the blazers. He is the definition of a me first player who is a career loser in the NBA.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#5 » by CB-Blazer » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:52 am

^^^^ What he said
Napoleon7
Senior
And1: 73

Post#6 » by Napoleon7 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:40 am

No to Maggette on Portland.
JordanL
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Post#7 » by JordanL » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:51 am

Napoleon7 wrote:No to Maggette on Portland.

Not that I disagree, becuase I don't, but I find it hilarious that people wouldn't want to trade a guy that isn't even in the state for Maggette... :lol:
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#8 » by farzi » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:50 am

^ You forgot his salary though, it really hinders his value
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#9 » by bcortell » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:08 am

shagadelic45 wrote:LAC TRADES: Baron Davis

LAC RECEIVES: Raef LaFrentz, #1

:roll:

And the rest of the trade isn't good either. (Except for GSW)
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#10 » by Agenda42 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:11 am

The Warriors get cut out of this deal, and I'm still not sure that it works.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#11 » by CB-Blazer » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:12 am

I honestly think that Maggettes trade value on real gm is a used washer/dryer set and a half full bottle of windex to clean the back boards and then the Warriors would still have to throw in a pick or take on a bad contract to get the deal done, but then again its not like its unwarranted.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#12 » by old rem » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:36 am

JordanL wrote:
Napoleon7 wrote:No to Maggette on Portland.

Not that I disagree, becuase I don't, but I find it hilarious that people wouldn't want to trade a guy that isn't even in the state for Maggette... :lol:

as hilarious is tagging Maggette as "career loser (seemed to win at Duke...) when all of the Blazers were sub 500 the last few seasons.....who's the career winners?

Maybe Port does not want him..but that's a damn funny reason. Are the salaries even close enough that GSW can take Baron for Maggette?
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#13 » by old rem » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:42 am

CB-Blazer wrote:I honestly think that Maggettes trade value on real gm is a used washer/dryer set and a half full bottle of windex to clean the back boards and then the Warriors would still have to throw in a pick or take on a bad contract to get the deal done, but then again its not like its unwarranted.

Seems like whatever the side issues.....an athletic player coming off a 22 ppg season is a legit asset. If his trade value (RealGM or Real World) sucks.......GSW just finds a way to make the good stuff work and to fix any flaws. If you CAN'T do that.....you're gonna lose anyhow, so may as well start doing it right.
CENSORED... No comment.
shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

Post#14 » by shagadelic45 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:12 pm

maggs makes around 10, baron 11
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#15 » by Milkdud » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:02 pm

Ok I should have said he is a career loser in the NBA, he has been a part of 2 teams that didn't have a losing record. One was the 99-00 Magic who were .500 when he played 17 min a game. The other was the 05-06 Clippers where he only played in 30 games. Now this clearly this is personal opinion but I've watched him play alot and he looks extremely selfish, there have been reports of both teammates and coaching staff complaining about him playing selfishly and then you look that he has never played for a winner. I put that together I see a Me first player who cares more about his numbers then I do about being a winner.

Now personally that is the last type of guy I would want to put around a team of young players, regardless of how cheap you could get him.
old rem
RealGM

Post#16 » by old rem » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:30 pm

There has been the idea on the GSW boards that Maggette is too much a solo act, but then....he's been a guy you get because you want him to score and his special knack is to drive into the D and finish with an "and one". When that's available...it IS the high % play and I can't expect he's halfway and suddenly whips a pass out to the perimeter. Guys who can't finish like him SHOULD have a plan B. In his case....too much Plan B probably makes plan A less efficient.

Otherwise..he has had a couple years of 3+ assists..a bit above avg for a SF. His assists were down in the rather limited number of games he's played here but then the team in general hasn't had much catch and shoot and Mags hasn't been the hub/point f/combo whatever who's had the ball a lot. He started off cold from the perimeter. That sucks-but it happens. He's got to have SOME perimeter threat to keep the D honest---enabling him to perform his job...which is put 25 on the scoreboard and get the other team's bigs in foul trouble. Maggette sacraficing his body in the paint, getting hacked and hammered is his unselfish deed. Nellie...using him out of context as a pseudo PF exposed him to a higher risk of getting banged around...just as it did last year with Pietrus. Bad idea..but that's on Nellie. I WANT Maggette to feel welcome to attack + score. My need is for him to get a bit better on D. The GSW scheme on D is not real efficient, but is more about being opportunistic. It does not tend to showcase a lock down defender, but will allow a rather weak defender to be effective. It does take some time for a guy to mesh. Mags wasn't bad..but was too new to really know how to anticipate.

I like that at SF he's a better rebounder than S Jackson...who I much prefer be used at G.

My take is that a lot of GSW fans hit the panic button when everything isn't rosy. You got a guy who's mobile and can score 20-30 and is under $10 mill? Uh...that's actually pretty useful.

That said.....yeah...I'd trade Maggette for Baron. That's one of the few Maggette deals I do like. Pretty crappy for the Clips though as this gives 2 West teams a boost and the Clips are left with nothing at PG.
CENSORED... No comment.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#17 » by don nelson » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:21 pm

shagadelic45 wrote:maggs makes around 10, baron 11

Baron's 2008-2009 salary is $11.250,000
Maggette 2008-2009 salary is $8, 275,861

Trade ID #4896753 failed trade scenario

Trade checkers shows this trade fails to meet the CBA requirements regarding player trades.

Return to Trades and Transactions