Bosh blockbuster - LAC / TOR / MIN

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Re: Bosh blockbuster - LAC / TOR / MIN 

Post#21 » by deeney0 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:19 pm

VIPER8382 wrote:
Miller for Kaman? Sure. Love for Bargs? Not a chance.

I can definitely respect that view, but obviously you can't get Kaman for only Miller. I (possibly incorrectly) surmised that the Wolves would give up the downgrade from Love to Bargnani (who still has a ton of potential himself, maybe he just needs a different home and offense) to get the large upgrade from Miller to Kaman.

Nah, I wouldn't add nearly that much to Miller to get Kaman. Maybe a piece like Craig Smith, but that'd be about it.
VIPER8382
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#22 » by VIPER8382 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:26 pm

Well I think it is time to declare this version of the deal dead, because without Minnesota the deal dies, as it would leave LAC with too many holes in their roster. They would end up with no real SG, and playing Bosh out of position for 18 mpg at SF with an adequate Moon filling the rest. I think they could live with the SF problem, but not in addition to having absolutely no SG. Maybe something else can be worked out.
crossroads
Pro Prospect
And1: 375

Post#23 » by crossroads » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:26 pm

VIPER8382 wrote:
ZackMc72 wrote:LAC gets bosh then in 1 1/2 year he is gone this trade is dumb Tor gets alot of cap room but WHO would want to go to TOR??? NASH MAYBE but WHO else when they WOULDNT HAVE ANYBODY But Young players

Why on earth would Bosh leave the Clippers for less money???? Would you give up $30 million dollars to leave LA for NY or Cleveland, he would stay, and the Clippers would probably ultimately be able to add another 2010 prize.

Why on earth would Bosh leave the Raptors for less money???? There is absolutely no incentive for the Raptors to do this trade. This is a classic case of quality for quantity. In this trade the Raps are giving up an A for a couple Bs and Cs, it's just not worth it for them. The only added incentives are a 1st round pick they won't see for about 3 or 4 years and getting out of Kapono's contract. This is a quick "no" from Toronto.
VIPER8382
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#24 » by VIPER8382 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:41 pm

Why on earth would Bosh leave the Raptors for less money???? There is absolutely no incentive for the Raptors to do this trade. This is a classic case of quality for quantity. In this trade the Raps are giving up an A for a couple Bs and Cs, it's just not worth it for them. The only added incentives are a 1st round pick they won't see for about 3 or 4 years and getting out of Kapono's contract. This is a quick "no" from Toronto.

I think 99% of Americans (which Bosh is) would prefer to live in LA rather than Toronto by a huge margin. Add to that the fact that LA would probably also maximize his marketing potential, and the comparison between the 2 cities is just absurd. LA > TOR as a basketball city in the minds of US born basketball players and this isn't even close. What are the realistic chances that Bosh commits to TOR long term with all of the potential suitors. What is going to keep him there? Is it the chance to stay in Canada (away from not only his home state, but even his home country), playing alongside the likes of Calderon, and Bargnani. When he could go to Miami and play with Wade and Beasley, or Cleveland with James, or the Knicks with possibly Stoudemire, and Joe Johnson, etc. Does anyone really see him staying in Toronto? Anyone? Anywhere?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,628

Post#25 » by shrink » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:58 pm

VIPER8382 wrote:

I think 99% of Americans (which Bosh is) would prefer to live in LA rather than Toronto by a huge margin. Add to that the fact that LA would probably also maximize his marketing potential, and the comparison between the 2 cities is just absurd. LA > TOR as a basketball city in the minds of US born basketball players and this isn't even close. What are the realistic chances that Bosh commits to TOR long term with all of the potential suitors. What is going to keep him there? Is it the chance to stay in Canada (away from not only his home state, but even his home country), playing alongside the likes of Calderon, and Bargnani. When he could go to Miami and play with Wade and Beasley, or Cleveland with James, or the Knicks with possibly Stoudemire, and Joe Johnson, etc. Does anyone really see him staying in Toronto? Anyone? Anywhere?

I agree with this point, and I'm wondering if some Canadian poster can give us an idea of the tax rates up there? I'm interesting in how much Bosh's take-home would be compared to a contract in America?
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#26 » by Vindicater » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:31 am

meh... rehashed trade ideas are boring
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."

Return to Trades and Transactions