is javale mcgee available?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

quazi31
Senior
And1: 0

is javale mcgee available? 

Post#1 » by quazi31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:01 pm

?is he for miami?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: is javale mcgee available? 

Post#2 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:03 pm

yes, what's your offer?
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#3 » by Mr. E » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:04 pm

I'm sure at the right price he would be available, but you're talking about a young player who can play a nice role for a rebuilding club, so they won't just give him away.

What are you suggesting that Miami offers?
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
quazi31
Senior

Post#4 » by quazi31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:10 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:yes, what's your offer?

what would u take from miami beside the untouchables
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#5 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:14 pm

Marion/Chalmers/Cook for Jamison/McGee/Songaila/Stevenson
quazi31
Senior

Post#6 » by quazi31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:19 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Marion/Chalmers/Cook for Jamison/McGee/Songaila/Stevenson

chalmers is bacisally untouchable as he is the pg of the future for the heat...also i dont think riley is up to trading cook right now but possible marion for someone and mcgee...what do you think about marion for bulter and mcgee...what is bulter contract like?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#7 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:22 pm

counter offer:
Marion/Chalmers/Cook for Jamison/McGee/Songaila/Stevenson future 2nd round pick

there's 1 player in that trade with the potential to be a star in 5 years, and it isn't Chalmers or Cook. They'll be solid role players, but you can replace role players, you can't replace 7 foot gazelles with a J
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,416

Post#8 » by shrink » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:26 pm

quazi31 wrote:

chalmers is bacisally untouchable as he is the pg of the future for the heat...also i dont think riley is up to trading cook right now but possible marion for someone and mcgee...what do you think about marion for bulter and mcgee...what is bulter contract like?

This is truly an amazing thread.
quazi31
Senior

Post#9 » by quazi31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:27 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:counter offer:
Marion/Chalmers/Cook for Jamison/McGee/Songaila/Stevenson future 2nd round pick

there's 1 player in that trade with the potential to be a star in 5 years, and it isn't Chalmers or Cook. They'll be solid role players, but you can replace role players, you can't replace 7 foot gazelles with a J

i still dont want to trade chalmers, i dont want to trade cook becuz he is our only 3 point shooter right now, but i dont want jamison so we can let beasley rot on the bench even more like he is right now
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#10 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:30 pm

but we don't want to trade McGee either, but we might be able to do business if you swap Jamison/Marion and fork over some Cook/Chalmers action

Jamison is putting up 21/9 and he can play both forward spots just like Beasley, they'll be so versatile and can co-exist and the Heat will have a serious upgrade as Marion isn't playing up to his skills this season
quazi31
Senior

Post#11 » by quazi31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:but we don't want to trade McGee either, but we might be able to do business if you swap Jamison/Marion and fork over some Cook/Chalmers action

Jamison is putting up 21/9 and he can play both forward spots just like Beasley, they'll be so versatile and can co-exist and the Heat will have a serious upgrade as Marion isn't playing up to his skills this season

cook and chalmers or just one of them?
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Mr. E » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:36 pm

quazi31 wrote:chalmers is bacisally untouchable as he is the pg of the future for the heat...also i dont think riley is up to trading cook right now but possible marion for someone and mcgee...what do you think about marion for bulter and mcgee...what is bulter contract like?

I'm not sure how many years Butler has left, but he is the leading scorer (and rebounder, I think) on the Wizards, so I think that you're kind of low-balling the Wiz on this offer...especially since the player you seem to be interested in is McGee. Butler is kind of a high-end throw-in, don't you think?

I don't see how adding Marion makes sense for the Wizards. They are looking forward, not now. McGee has a friendly rookie contract and he has the potential to develop into a very good player. The Wizards would be worse off now and in the future by giving up Butler and McGee for Marion.
- Winston Churchill
quazi31
Senior

Post#13 » by quazi31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:40 pm

Mr. E wrote:
quazi31 wrote:chalmers is bacisally untouchable as he is the pg of the future for the heat...also i dont think riley is up to trading cook right now but possible marion for someone and mcgee...what do you think about marion for bulter and mcgee...what is bulter contract like?

I'm not sure how many years Butler has left, but he is the leading scorer (and rebounder, I think) on the Wizards, so I think that you're kind of low-balling the Wiz on this offer...especially since the player you seem to be interested in is McGee. Butler is kind of a high-end throw-in, don't you think?

I don't see how adding Marion makes sense for the Wizards. They are looking forward, not now. McGee has a friendly rookie contract and he has the potential to develop into a very good player. The Wizards would be worse off now and in the future by giving up Butler and McGee for Marion.

i understand you on your point, i dont follow bulter so i dont know his trade value but i think McGee is a perfect fit for miami
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Mr. E » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:44 pm

quazi31 wrote:i understand you on your point, i dont follow bulter so i dont know his trade value but i think McGee is a perfect fit for miami

He is a perfect fit for Miami...and Houston, and Dallas, and Sacramento, and Philly, etc. The kid is a good player with a lot of upside. I don't think that the Wizards would be willing to part ways with him lightly, and if they do then you need to come up with a package that would appeal to them and make sense for their franchise. Something with Beasley or Chalmers as the center of Miami's deal might get their interest, but I don't see Marion being an attractive offer for Butler and McGee.
- Winston Churchill
quazi31
Senior

Post#15 » by quazi31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:51 pm

Mr. E wrote:
quazi31 wrote:i understand you on your point, i dont follow bulter so i dont know his trade value but i think McGee is a perfect fit for miami

He is a perfect fit for Miami...and Houston, and Dallas, and Sacramento, and Philly, etc. The kid is a good player with a lot of upside. I don't think that the Wizards would be willing to part ways with him lightly, and if they do then you need to come up with a package that would appeal to them and make sense for their franchise. Something with Beasley or Chalmers as the center of Miami's deal might get their interest, but I don't see Marion being an attractive offer for Butler and McGee.

ya, im more willing to trade beasley than chalmers(i know it sounds weird but chalmers is the best point guard beside billups with wade and beasley is a good pickup but still beasley is beasley...what about cook and wright for him?
quazi31
Senior

Post#16 » by quazi31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:51 pm

Mr. E wrote:

ya, im more willing to trade beasley than chalmers(i know it sounds weird but chalmers is the best point guard beside billups with wade and beasley is a good pickup but still beasley is beasley...what about cook and wright for him?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#17 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:53 pm

ok you win, replace Cook and Chalmers w/ Beasley and you have yourself a deal
quazi31
Senior

Post#18 » by quazi31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:ok you win, replace Cook and Chalmers w/ Beasley and you have yourself a deal

did u just say beasley for mcgee?i said i am more willing to trade beasley than chalmers but not beasley for mcgee
Play_Smart!
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by Play_Smart! » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:56 pm

shrink wrote:
quazi31 wrote:

This is truly an amazing thread.

indeed :lol:
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#20 » by yungal07 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:00 pm

McGee is available for the right price. Of course that price would be very high.

I figure the Wiz would trade McGee for Beasley...anything less -- probably not.

Return to Trades and Transactions