SAC|ORL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

joe.linnen
Banned User
And1: 0

SAC|ORL 

Post#1 » by joe.linnen » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:59 am

I was on the Magic board because I love watching them on TV. We were talking about what would it take to get Brad Miller form the Sacramento Kings and one of the guys came up with this. Do you guys think that this is a fair trade, if you state why or if not state why.

Magic Get: Brad Miller and Shelden Williams
Kings Get: Tony Battie, Keith Bogans, Brian Cook, and Future 2nd Rounder

REUNITE SHELDEN WITH JJ AND IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!

But honestly, I would trade Battie to net Brad Miller.. Brad Miller would be a good piece to have for the playoffs..

Nelson/Johnson
Pietrus/Lee/Redick
Hedo/Jer.Richardson
Lewis/Gortat/S.Williams
Howard/Miller/Foyle

NO INPUTS FROM FANS, THANKS
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Re: SAC|ORL 

Post#2 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:26 am

its a no from sacramento. Tony Battie is nice but Bogans (although exp) and Cook are useless to us and the 2nd does next to nothing.

If you want Miller than you're looking at something like this. (originally posted by KM44)

Sac trades: Miller, Udrih, Bobby Brown
Orl trades: Nelson, Batie, Bogans/reddick (it was initially reddick, but I think the value evens out better if its bogans) and Cook

Beno would absolutely flourish in Orlando with a guy like Howard in the low post. He is a distributor which is a better fit for Orlando then another scorer like Nelson. Brown does not get a lot of attention but he is turning into a very nice backup PG. He is a lot like an Eddie House with a lot more upside. And of course Brad Miller.
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#3 » by joe.linnen » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:32 am

Nicky Nix Nook wrote:its a no from sacramento. Tony Battie is nice but Bogans (although exp) and Cook are useless to us and the 2nd does next to nothing.

If you want Miller than you're looking at something like this. (originally posted by KM44)

Sac trades: Miller, Udrih, Bobby Brown
Orl trades: Nelson, Batie, Bogans/reddick (it was initially reddick, but I think the value evens out better if its bogans) and Cook

Beno would absolutely flourish in Orlando with a guy like Howard in the low post. He is a distributor which is a better fit for Orlando then another scorer like Nelson. Brown does not get a lot of attention but he is turning into a very nice backup PG. He is a lot like an Eddie House with a lot more upside. And of course Brad Miller.

That would be a big hell naw for the Magic. Udrih and his contract can stay in Sacramento. Nelson isn't going anywhere either. The Kings' Front Office gave Udrih that contract and they can keep him and it.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:39 am

^The awfulness of Beno's contract is significantly exaggerated. It was too long yes, but the money is not that bad. As someone on the Kings boards said, the contract is right for a below average starter or an above average backup. Trust me Beno would due much better in a better situation. Magic get two young PG's who could turn out to be quite nice and Brad Miller to help them in the playoffs for the next few years. The price? Jameer Nelson.

PS look at this trade on the board page 2. Some Magic fans were in favor of this.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,770

Post#5 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:48 am

I like how you sneek in Williams who has more value then any filler Orlando is giving.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:51 am

RingtheBell wrote:I like how you sneek in Williams who has more value then any filler Orlando is giving.

ya i didnt want to sound too bias but I was thinking that.
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#7 » by joe.linnen » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:03 am

I hate when fans try to make thier players out to be something that they're not. Lets make this better I don't want an input from a Kings or Magic fan.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,770

Post#8 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:05 am

joe.linnen wrote:I hate when fans try to make thier players out to be something that they're not. Lets make this better I don't want an input from a Kings or Magic fan.

Im a Bucks fan.

Miller is clearly better then Battie and their contracts expire the sametime. Bogans and a second doesn't make up the differnce between the two.
Williams is better then Cook.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:27 am

RingtheBell wrote:
joe.linnen wrote:I hate when fans try to make thier players out to be something that they're not. Lets make this better I don't want an input from a Kings or Magic fan.

Im a Bucks fan.

Miller is clearly better then Battie and their contracts expire the sametime. Bogans and a second doesn't make up the differnce between the two.
Williams is better then Cook.

+1
KM44
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by KM44 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:52 am

hahahahaha, you just got destroyed joe.linnen. Ring the bell, you just made my year.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:17 am

KM44 wrote:hahahahaha, you just got destroyed joe.linnen. Ring the bell, you just made my year.

KM44 whats up with you recently? Tearing people to shreds for no reason. No need.

Return to Trades and Transactions