Kings/Cavs

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Re: Kings/Cavs 

Post#61 » by Bac2Basics » Mon Jan 5, 2009 2:42 am

VintaGe36 wrote:
Bac2Basics wrote:Hickson may or may not be a tweener, but that doesn't change the fact that Cav's fan is completely drinking the kool-aid on this guy, and at the very least prematurely.

Pot.........meet kettle.

My ***

1 - Thompson's got significantly better numbers than Hickson, like 3 times better, also in limited minutes

2 - Yeah, I'd resist trading him, but if the right offer came along, I'd pull the trigger on it.
See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=867697

3 - if Cav's fan likes Hickson that much, they should keep him, but don't try to tell me he's the second coming of whatever.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#62 » by bcortell » Mon Jan 5, 2009 3:20 am

^^ Hey, we'll trade Hickson for JOSH FREAKING SMITH too.. :roll:
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#63 » by VintaGe36 » Mon Jan 5, 2009 3:35 am

Bac2Basics wrote:
VintaGe36 wrote:
Bac2Basics wrote:Hickson may or may not be a tweener, but that doesn't change the fact that Cav's fan is completely drinking the kool-aid on this guy, and at the very least prematurely.

Pot.........meet kettle.

My ***

1 - Thompson's got significantly better numbers than Hickson, like 3 times better, also in limited minutes

2 - Yeah, I'd resist trading him, but if the right offer came along, I'd pull the trigger on it.
See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=867697

3 - if Cav's fan likes Hickson that much, they should keep him, but don't try to tell me he's the second coming of whatever.

I'm not just talking about Thompson.
KM44
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#64 » by KM44 » Mon Jan 5, 2009 4:07 am

Wooow, this was a really wasteful thread. I am absolutely astounded that cavs fans are being this ridiculous about hickson. He is good, but dear god this is ridiculous. 10X better than Brand!?!?! Are you insane or just stupid? Brand was an all-star, and a pretty damn good one at that. Soo you're saying that he's going to be that good. That's ridiculous. Thompson has proved that he's better than hickson right now. Whether that's just minutes or talent, we won't know, but to say that he's that good is preposterous. And you call people homer as a derogitory comment?! What is that? Is it an allusion to the simpsons or is that something that people in ohio say? Either way, you have gone to far.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
Bac2Basics
RealGM

Post#65 » by Bac2Basics » Mon Jan 5, 2009 4:20 am

^^
Exactly
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#66 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 5, 2009 4:45 am

bcortell wrote:^^ Hey, we'll trade Hickson for JOSH FREAKING SMITH too.. :roll:

Not according to some Cavs fans...
bcortell
Banned User

Post#67 » by bcortell » Mon Jan 5, 2009 5:02 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:
bcortell wrote:^^ Hey, we'll trade Hickson for JOSH FREAKING SMITH too.. :roll:

Not according to some Cavs fans...

I think you would find maybe two who wouldn't- Heath and Zack.. Neither are sane.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#68 » by BrooklynBulls » Mon Jan 5, 2009 5:04 am

Smills91 wrote:You willing to put an avatar bet on this? Let's say the entire summer months, from end of regular season until the start of next season, whoever has better stats, the other supporter has to have an avatar of the winner's liking.

I guarantee Thompson will CONTINUE to have better stats at the end of the season over the course of all 82 games.

See, Smills, now you're going to make me go root against Thompson. Because then I'd get to see you sport an Obama>Jesus? Avatar for the rest of your posting days.
Bac2Basics
RealGM

Post#69 » by Bac2Basics » Mon Jan 5, 2009 5:28 am

This ridiculous thread should have been locked before it hit page 2.
~ Herman Melville
Wasp
Sixth Man
And1: 1,199

Post#70 » by Wasp » Mon Jan 5, 2009 6:01 am

Anyone who thinks that the Cavs WOULDN'T do this deal are way too into Hickson. This trade gives the Cavs (who by the way are currently the 3rd best team in the NBA) two quality starters in exchange for a bad contract in Wally, a late first in a weak draft and an intriguing but still unproven young player.

The Cavs become clear championship favourites with this trade and the only valuable asset they give up is a slightly undersized young PF who may or may not become a solid NBA starter in the future. They take it and run.
bcortell
Banned User

Post#71 » by bcortell » Mon Jan 5, 2009 6:14 am

Wasp wrote:Anyone who thinks that the Cavs WOULDN'T do this deal are way too into Hickson. This trade gives the Cavs (who by the way are currently the 3rd best team in the NBA) two quality starters in exchange for a bad contract in Wally, a late first in a weak draft and an intriguing but still unproven young player.

The Cavs become clear championship favourites with this trade and the only valuable asset they give up is a slightly undersized young PF who may or may not become a solid NBA starter in the future. They take it and run.

I hate to carry on this JJ discussion because I think it belongs on a different board- but how can you say JJ is undersized? He's 20 yrs old and 6'9" with a 7'4" wingspan. He'll probably grow another inch by the time we want him to fully contribute. Lebron has grown another inch (at least) and put on another 20+ lbs since entering the league. What exactly do you think is a properly sized PF?

And assuming a deal gets done with or without JJ- I think you'd find that most Cavs fans, including myself, believe neither Miller nor Salmons would start for us. (Of course, Miller would start until Z came back.) The chemistry our team has is not to be messed with and both Salmons and Miller would be backups. I would imagine it would be something like this:

Mo/Boobie
West/Salmons/ Boobie
Lebron/Salmons/Pavs
Ben/AV/
Z/Miller
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#72 » by NashtyNas » Mon Jan 5, 2009 6:19 am

This is one useless trade.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 616

Post#73 » by sackings916 » Mon Jan 5, 2009 6:21 am

bcortell wrote:
Wasp wrote:Anyone who thinks that the Cavs WOULDN'T do this deal are way too into Hickson. This trade gives the Cavs (who by the way are currently the 3rd best team in the NBA) two quality starters in exchange for a bad contract in Wally, a late first in a weak draft and an intriguing but still unproven young player.

I hate to carry on this JJ discussion because I think it belongs on a different board- but how can you say JJ is undersized? He's 20 yrs old and 6'9" with a 7'4" wingspan. He'll probably grow another inch by the time we want him to fully contribute. Lebron has grown another inch (at least) and put on another 20+ lbs since entering the league. What exactly do you think is a properly sized PF?

And assuming a deal gets done with or without JJ- I think you'd find that most Cavs fans, including myself, believe neither Miller nor Salmons would start for us. (Of course, Miller would start until Z came back.) The chemistry our team has is not to be messed with and both Salmons and Miller would be backups. I would imagine it would be something like this:

Mo/Boobie
West/Salmons/ Boobie
Lebron/Salmons/Pavs
Ben/AV/
Z/Miller

Its irrelevant if they start or not IMO. They'll be in the rotation playing a lot of minutes. The Cavs add 2 quality players to the rotation and their talent level and depth shoots above both Celtics/Lakers.

Return to Trades and Transactions