Sixers / Pacers / Bulls

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,591

Sixers / Pacers / Bulls 

Post#1 » by sixerswillrule » Sun Jan 4, 2009 7:35 am

Sixers Trade
Sam Dalembert
Andre Miller
Reggie Evans
Willie Green

Sixers Receive
Troy Murphy
Kirk Hinrich
Andres Nocioni

Reasons: All outside shooting problems disappear with this trade.

Pacers Trade
Troy Murphy
Jarrett Jack

Pacers Receive
Andre Miller
Joakim Noah

Reasons: Very good veteran PG and expiring contract to go after cap space. Solid young PF/C in Noah.

Bulls Trade
Kirk Hinrich
Andres Nocioni
Joakim Noah

Bulls Receive
Sam Dalembert
Reggie Evans
Willie Green
Jarrett Jack

Reasons: Get their defensive center. Get rid of longer contracts in return for shorter ones. Pretty good backups to fill our their roster.

Thoughts?
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Re: Sixers / Pacers / Bulls 

Post#2 » by UptownPhilly » Sun Jan 4, 2009 7:46 am

I like it for Philly, not sure that Chicago wants Evans/Green though.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#3 » by sixerswillrule » Sun Jan 4, 2009 7:49 am

Could be. They're needed to make the salaries match. Then again, Hinrich has three years left on his deal, Nocioni has four. They only have two.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#4 » by corwin » Sun Jan 4, 2009 2:39 pm

I don't like it for the SIxers. Way too much long-term salary for average players. Where would Murphy & Nocioni play & who would play center for Philly?
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#5 » by sixerswillrule » Sun Jan 4, 2009 5:27 pm

I wouldn't call them average. Not many big men out there that can average 12 boards a game and shoot 38% from three. Nocioni and Hinrich are both very good defenders and outside shooters as well. Nocioni would be our backup SF/PF. At center, we've got Brand, Murphy, Speights, and Ratliff. Still have rebounding. Still have shot-blocking. I see no problem there. And I honestly don't think we have any chance of getting more quality than this in return for what we're giving up here.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,071

Post#6 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Jan 4, 2009 6:12 pm

Wow, I actually like this for all teams. Congrats man, I do not say that often. I have a feeling Bulls fans may not like this, but I'll explain why I like it for all teams.

Sixers: The Dalembert/Brand combo has not worked out. I have been saying forever that Troy Murphy would be the perfect player next to a legit post threat. Murphy will spread the floor for Brand and give him room to find his rythm. This opens the door for Speights to get more playing time, Philly might want to get another defensive post player, through FA or a minor trade, Scot Pollard like, then they will be set. Nocioni gives them a trio of wing players that would give any team trouble, especially on the defensive end. Then Hinrich is a much better PG for their team, he plays great defense, has a good shot, and will get the ball to the post. Great trade for Philly.

Bulls: Here is the trade I feel most people will be skeptical about. The Bulls get a lot older here, which isn't the direction they are heading. However, I feel like this trade is one they can do, and still build around. For the last 3 years or so, the Bulls have lacked that veteran presence. The problem here is, they add to their guard glut, maybe if you can add Sefelosha(sp) to Indiana instead of Noah? I'm not sure who the Bulls like more, but I know they like Noah, if you can make that change, I think they would accept. Gives them leadership, toughness, and defense that the team lacks.

Pacers: This is a lot harder to accept that I thought it would be with the way Murphy has been playing. This trade leaves us without a PF if we get Sefelosha instead of Noah. I would be excited though, because McRoberts has played great in limited time this year, we weren't going to compete anyway, so this allows us to get a higher pick and draft a PF for next year. Andre Miller would be nothing more than an expiring contract, which could potentially give us enough money to go after Millsap.

Like I said, the tough sell has to be the Bulls here. I think they would rather keep Noah in this situation, which isn't a deal breaker to the Pacers. There maybe a tweek or two you need to make, but overall, I like it.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#7 » by boogydown » Sun Jan 4, 2009 6:29 pm

Nocioni has a team option on his 4th yr. No this is awful for the Bulls. This is amazing for the 76ers.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#8 » by Leto » Sun Jan 4, 2009 6:51 pm

No from the Bulls. That makes us worse and older and with no real salary benefit.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#9 » by sixerswillrule » Sun Jan 4, 2009 6:57 pm

Some Bulls fans here have said they'd be willing to give up Hinrich and Noah for Dalembert. So how is this so terrible? Getting older? You must be referring to the loss of Noah, who will never be a starter in this league, so I don't see the big deal. Dalembert is 27 and Jack is 25.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#10 » by Leto » Sun Jan 4, 2009 7:15 pm

Those fans aren't me. I would not give up Noah in any deal for Dalembert.

Return to Trades and Transactions